Huntress Reviews | Glassdoor

4.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Huntress CEO Chris Leeson
Chris Leeson

1. "Excellent company to work for!!"

I have been working at Huntress full-time

Pros

-Great Working Environment
    -Excellent Career Progression
    - Good Quarterly Incentives
    - Fantastic Training and Development Programmes
    - Great Commission Scheme for New Starters
    - Supportive Network throughout Huntress

Cons

- New Branches may struggle with Brand Awareness

Advice to Management

Better integration between branches within the regions

2. "Fast-paced, positive working environment that always strives to improve"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Huntress full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Great team ethos
    -Recognition for your achievements
    -Clear career path and progression

Cons

-Commission structure could be better
    -Incentive for referrals could be better

Advice to Management

Continue to improve and help all teams and divisions intermingle so that Huntress operates as one singular and happy division.

3. "Happiest place I have ever worked at"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Huntress full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture, people, open demeanour of all staff at every level and the amount of support that everybody receives here are what make this place the best company I have ever worked at. And I never write reviews like this but I really want anyone thinking about working here to know. Every company always goes on about how great their people are but at Huntress it's so true. Our people are what make us amazing.

Senior management genuinely care about making this place better for employees every year, which has translated into having just earned ourselves a 2 star Best Companies accreditation for 2017. I feel so proud to have been a part of it and of all my colleagues who work so hard every day to make us even better. As a result, this year we have loads of new employee benefits, improved our commission scheme, more training programmes for different levels and a career path that makes it quicker and easier to get promoted internally.

Cons

Can be a slow to adopt major change at times.

Advice to Management

Keep striving to improve Huntress every year.

5. "Progressive and positive company to work for."

Current Employee - Executive PA in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Executive PA in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Huntress part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked for Huntress in total for just over 6 years, within a sales role and then most recently a corporate support role.

I have seen how the company has changed and developed over the last 6 years in a very positive way.

Implementing a new career pathway to actively encourage people to progress and move up their own career path with clear timelines and targets, has been something that has a huge impact over the last couple of years. When this was implemented I was able to take my previous role to the next level whereas before this was implemented this would not have been an option. I have also seen many of my colleagues rightly promoted to more senior roles with more responsibility.

I genuinely do feel that management cares about all staff, they open and welcome new idea’s and they actively implement changes rather than just talk about them. This can range from larger long term projects to the smallest details that make people happier in the day to day office environment.

Everyone is kept updated with changes that happen in the company, via weekly/monthly and quarterly updates, a fun and interactive intranet, and there is an open door policy – the CEO, Directors and all management sit within their teams and are always very approachable.

Finally we have a big team of like minded people who I have found to be friendly and supportive across all teams, we have social events that all the company is invited to, and incentives for all staff that is not just based on sales related performances.

Cons

The Head Office environment is in need of a refurb, however we are moving to new offices in the New Year which I believe will represent our brand and create a exciting and fresh new working environment across all teams.

Advice to Management

Continue to embrace the positive changes that are being made in the way that we work to keep the company moving forward.

6. "Great company that provides excellent opportunities"

Current Employee - Office Support Permanent Consultant in Chelmsford, England (UK)

I have been working at Huntress full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Clear progression pathways
    - Clear management
    - Good communication across all branches and teams
    - Quarterly presentations for the whole company
    - Great incentives
    - Good salaries
    - No thresholds for commission

- We are a start up team and we have had great support from everybody!

Cons

- I have been with the company 6 months now and haven't identified any cons - nowhere is perfect I'd love more holiday days but wouldn't we all!

"Job Share"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Bracknell, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Bracknell, England (UK)

I have been working at Huntress part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent solution to having a great work/life balance with great job satisfaction at the same time!

I have been with Huntress nearly 16 years and Kaye, my job share colleague, 6 years but we both have extensive experience within recruitment having also held senior management positions. Four years ago we teamed up as a job share doing 3 days a week each with one crossover day to run a Permanents desk. Trust and respect is an important factor along with good communication. Experience is probably the biggest key to our success and you also get 2 heads, in terms of views, opinions, ideas etc. As you would expect, the longer we work in partnership the more successful we become, stability is always a plus in Recruitment. Holidays don’t seem to have the same impact on our desk as it is always covered for 3 days per week regardless.

For someone with experience who cant or doesn’t want to commit to full time you can still have great job satisfaction with the success meaning that you also earn good bonus. For team players, a job share is even more satisfying as you never want to let the other half down which also contributes to overall success.

Cons

No Cons, you just need to work with someone you have respect for

Advice to Management

Huntress Management had great foresight in seeing potential in a job share and are a great organisation in supporting this.

8. "Fantastic"

Current Employee - Consultant in Brighton, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Brighton, England (UK)

I have been working at Huntress full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Our team here in Brighton are friendly and sociable inside and outside of the business. We truly invest in our team by offering great foundations to make consultants the best they possibly can with on going training and commitment.

Cons

I do not have any cons

Advice to Management

Continue the great work!

9. "An excellent company to work for"

Current Employee - Candidate Consultant in Leeds, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Candidate Consultant in Leeds, England (UK)

Pros

I have worked for Huntress for a little over 2 years, originally starting as an apprentice temping in our Leeds branch. I feel that Huntress is an exceptional company to work for (especially the Leeds office!). We have great management and training programmes, constant encouragement from managers and a variety of opportunities to progress and develop. There is a really good and open relationship with senior managers and our CEO. They regularly travel around visiting each branch allowing them to see the life of a day in the office. Whilst we are based in Leeds we have a really supportive working relationship with the rest of our 13 branch network and we see them regularly at quarterly presentations where we have updates on each team’s performance, receive amazing incentives and the opportunity to get to know our colleagues from other branches in the business.

Cons

Cant think of any and if there is the pro's definitely out-weigh the cons

"Working for Huntress Maidstone"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Maidstone, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Maidstone, England (UK)

Pros

I have worked for Huntress in Maidstone for just over a year now and have enjoyed my time here so so much! Prior to this role I briefly worked for a recruitment agency in Tunbridge Wells, and the differences could not be greater.

Here at Huntress I feel valued as an individual, and whilst there are over 160 employees throughout the company, the corporate team are still very familiar and personable to each person.

As a branch Maidstone made me feel very welcome and my colleagues have continued to support me in certain areas I feel slightly weaker in. The ambition we have as individuals helps to keep each other motivated and has in turn made us a hugely successful branch.

Each quarter the branch who has achieved the most over their target, as well as some individuals, are rewarded with an incentive ranging from a day out at the Crazy Bear, a trip to Paris or an overnight stay in Amsterdam. For me these are great incentives and I have so far got to go see The Lion King followed by dinner at The Savoy, been Go-Karting followed by dinner at Gauchos and am looking forward to a day at Ascot on Friday!

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about Huntress.

11. "Candidate Consultant (Resourcer) review in Exeter"

Current Employee - Candidate Consultant (Resourcer) in Exeter, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Candidate Consultant (Resourcer) in Exeter, England (UK)

I have been working at Huntress (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked for Huntress for nearly 7 years it has been a great place to work. The team ethic and professionalism has always been fantastic. I like that we are highly recognised in the Exeter market and have always been one of the leading agencies for Business Support roles.
    It's great working in such a prestigious location in Southernhay, I can walk to work and obviously shop on my lunch break or have a cheeky drink with my colleagues after work!

Huntress have been very good to me over the years, after working full time for a number of years I returned to work after maternity leave and they were able to be accommodate the hours I needed. This has been the motivation to work hard and give my all as I have the perfect work life balance.
    Our Manager is very supportive and a great motivator, we all work well as a team. I find it a positive and professional place to work, not many people can say they enjoy going to work but I really do!

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say about my job or the company