Huntress Reviews | Glassdoor

Huntress CEO Chris Leeson
Chris Leeson
1 Rating

1. "Awful Company!"

Pros

I have no pros for this company

Cons

Very clicky, hard/pushy sales approach and no support given from Management. Staff turnover is exceedingly high, even for recruitment/sales

Huntress Response

Aug 5, 2016

We are sorry you felt this way and left the company with a bad impression. The overwhelming number of positive comments supports our view that we treat everyone fairly with respect but we ask you to ... More

2. "PPI Complaint Handler"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Reading, England (UK)
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Reading, England (UK)

I worked at Huntress as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy assessment, advised will support and help to meet targets. Due to the turnover of staff when I was there someone who had started 3 months earlier was suddenly Head of Operations.

Cons

Once started put into different role and no help and support and trapped with a ten day retention clause if you want to leave. Training appeared good, until you were on the floor and you quickly learnt that what you were trained in was not up to date. Unrealistic targets, pressure to work 12 hour week days and to also come in over weekend. Poor management the Team Leaders just bullied staff. The turnover of staff is amasing even the Head of Operations left after the 3 month tie in.

Advice to Management

You should look at Continuous improvement the processes are very poor, having to look at 27 systems (if working). Not really treating customers fairly, if they first claim for PPI on Credit Card and then come back for Mortgage etc. Learn to look at the bigger picture

"consultant"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Huntress full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

difficult to find many; good initial training, good training manager

Cons

firstly the time with initial training is sporadic at best and alot of the good ideas given to you are impossible to implement with the jealous managers who want you to fit their mould. very much a hire and fire culture 6/8 people i started work with are not working there 4 months down the line. very much kpi driven no freedom to work things out for yourself. worst is the thresholds, have a vivid recollection of a consultant asking another what they would do with the bonus from the job they just 'banged up', the reply was nothing as they didn't reach the threshold. i saw this same consultant working passed half 8 for over a week to get to that placement and she had been working in the company for over a year. very simple if you have the desire to be in recruitment work in an up and coming company like the one I'm with now if you have been in both the difference is unbelievable, do your research and stay away from huntress.

Advice to Management

go on management courses or quit

5. "Like any other sales company"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Huntress full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Independent job, if you do it very very well.
    - Uni-style friday nights, with more suits.
    - Meet/talk to lots of new people.

Cons

- Money-orientated sales environment.
    - You're seen for the money you make, and micromanaged down to your daily stats.

Advice to Management

Look at the bigger picture of your employees, instead of picking at the pointless details, LISTEN to them.

"Poor management and senior management seem oblivious"

I worked at Huntress full-time

Pros

Good back office support, good admin support. Good basic and commission structure.

Cons

Management seem to have a lack of respect for work/life balance, didn't lead by example and I felt created stressful situations that didn't need to be created. When I left not in a positive way (due to the terrible management I was suffering) I was shunned and although I hit all my targets and did budget in Q1 and Q2 they refused to pay my commission.

Advice to Management

Learn to be more professional, lead by example and respect your staffs work/life balance especially when they are all ready hitting targets!