Huntress Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Huntress CEO Chris Leeson
Chris Leeson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • However I could not fault the training and development that was given to me at all as without it I probably would not have made it past one month (in 4 reviews)

• There is such a clear career path and they really do bring the best out of you (in 5 reviews)

Cons

1. "They give recruitment a bad name"

Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer
    Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

Pros

None. I could not take any of the advice I received. It was completely wrong.

Cons

The recruiter I was assigned to was completely unhelpful in helping me find a suitable position considering I was making a career change. In fact, her position was that it would be very difficult. Not once was she optimistic about finding the right match.

I had a follow-up call from her MONTHS later, and was told that I shouldn't be looking for another position because I lacked experience, and I wouldn't be able to make a convincing case to any company on me being a suitable candidate. How wrong she was, and I proved it.

I did not receive one good peace of advice from any recruiter at Huntress.

I have managed perfectly on my own and have now found the right position thanks to my determination, perseverance and highly qualified skills which were not picked up by the Huntress Group.

Advice to Management

1) Buy new PCs. The ones you make candidates use for your "tests" make you are from the year dot. Not up to standard from a recruitment agency aiming to be highly professional.

2) If the recruiters at Huntress are old fashioned, retroactive and are giving out the wrong advice, then the Huntress Group is certainly not a recruitment agency I would ever rely on nor recommend to anyone.

2. "Poor employee welfare"

Former Employee - Trainee Graduate Recruitment Consultant in Holborn, England (UK)

I worked at Huntress full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good staff
    Good interview process

Cons

Minimal support from management
    Frowned upon if you did not eat your lunch at your desk, would have to work while you were eating and could not take more than 30 minutes
    Frowned upon if you ever left on time and would be pulled up on this
    Lack of training and support for trainee positions, it is like they set you up to fail

Jul 18, 2017

Firstly, I’m sorry that your experience was not as positive as most feedback we receive. In the past few years, we have made huge improvements in the training we provide all consultants joining... More

3. "Shoddy employers"

Former Freelancer - Temporary Administrative in Maidstone, England (UK)
    Former Freelancer - Temporary Administrative in Maidstone, England (UK)

Pros

Quick placement
    Central office
    Online timesheets
    Online portal
    Average wage

Cons

Very poor communication between candidates and often no acknowledgement of communication.
    Underpaying candidates due to lack of acknowledgement eg. Holiday available and requested but not processed.
    Unprofessional communication over email and misspellings.
    Poor communication within their own teams.
    They leave urgent changes (changes to time sheets) to the last minute and expect all staff to be on board with it or you won't get paid the next day.
    Often passing on responsibilities to each other and not dealing with an issue.

Advice to Management

Huntress like many other recruitment agencies employ a pretty face. This is for sales purposes but there needs to be some recognition to the fact that these people you employ are processing people's wages. To do the job managers need employ people with some savvy and some basic existing knowledge of how to manage a work load and effectively communicate out information to employees on time and correctly.
    Many managers will take people on face value and see that their looks will help to boost their client base but honestly there is a job to do and if they can't employ people that are actually capable of doing that job then what is the point? I wouldn't recommend working through them at all.

Jun 2, 2017

I'm really sorry your experience with Huntress wasn't as positive as we would have wanted it to be. Our Maidstone office currently has over 120 temporary workers out in placements in the area and the... More

"Unfortunate"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Huntress (Less than a year)

Pros

Great working environment and promises of opportunity and progression

Cons

Unfortunately there is an issue with management at Huntress. The Manager's have all been there years and do not seem to do much apart from hire and fire staff and have meetings about meetings about meetings. You are left to your own devices, with no motivation or guidance.

Advice to Management

Pass on your knowledge to your teams - do not let them 'get on with it' and wait for them to come to you when they need help. Help them, encourage them, motivate them - look to improve their skills further and you will get the best from your teams. Efficiency and communication are key - make sure you respond to your teams and do what you say you're going to do. Nothing is more demotivating as a promise that is not kept!

May 24, 2017

Firstly I would like to apologise as your experience at Huntress does not reflect our company’s culture, what most of our employees experience and what we aspire to be.
    Our managers place a great... More

5. "Awful Company!"

Pros

I have no pros for this company

Cons

Very clicky, hard/pushy sales approach and no support given from Management. Staff turnover is exceedingly high, even for recruitment/sales

Aug 5, 2016

We are sorry you felt this way and left the company with a bad impression. The overwhelming number of positive comments supports our view that we treat everyone fairly with respect but we ask you to... More

6. "PPI Complaint Handler"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Reading, England (UK)
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Reading, England (UK)

I worked at Huntress as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy assessment, advised will support and help to meet targets. Due to the turnover of staff when I was there someone who had started 3 months earlier was suddenly Head of Operations.

Cons

Once started put into different role and no help and support and trapped with a ten day retention clause if you want to leave. Training appeared good, until you were on the floor and you quickly learnt that what you were trained in was not up to date. Unrealistic targets, pressure to work 12 hour week days and to also come in over weekend. Poor management the Team Leaders just bullied staff. The turnover of staff is amasing even the Head of Operations left after the 3 month tie in.

Advice to Management

You should look at Continuous improvement the processes are very poor, having to look at 27 systems (if working). Not really treating customers fairly, if they first claim for PPI on Credit Card and then come back for Mortgage etc. Learn to look at the bigger picture

"consultant"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Huntress full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

difficult to find many; good initial training, good training manager

Cons

firstly the time with initial training is sporadic at best and alot of the good ideas given to you are impossible to implement with the jealous managers who want you to fit their mould. very much a hire and fire culture 6/8 people i started work with are not working there 4 months down the line. very much kpi driven no freedom to work things out for yourself. worst is the thresholds, have a vivid recollection of a consultant asking another what they would do with the bonus from the job they just 'banged up', the reply was nothing as they didn't reach the threshold. i saw this same consultant working passed half 8 for over a week to get to that placement and she had been working in the company for over a year. very simple if you have the desire to be in recruitment work in an up and coming company like the one I'm with now if you have been in both the difference is unbelievable, do your research and stay away from huntress.

Advice to Management

go on management courses or quit

8. "Like any other sales company"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Huntress full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Independent job, if you do it very very well.
    - Uni-style friday nights, with more suits.
    - Meet/talk to lots of new people.

Cons

- Money-orientated sales environment.
    - You're seen for the money you make, and micromanaged down to your daily stats.

Advice to Management

Look at the bigger picture of your employees, instead of picking at the pointless details, LISTEN to them.

"Poor management and senior management seem oblivious"

I worked at Huntress full-time

Pros

Good back office support, good admin support. Good basic and commission structure.

Cons

Management seem to have a lack of respect for work/life balance, didn't lead by example and I felt created stressful situations that didn't need to be created. When I left not in a positive way (due to the terrible management I was suffering) I was shunned and although I hit all my targets and did budget in Q1 and Q2 they refused to pay my commission.

Advice to Management

Learn to be more professional, lead by example and respect your staffs work/life balance especially when they are all ready hitting targets!