Huntress Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Huntress CEO Chris Leeson
Chris Leeson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • However I could not fault the training and development that was given to me at all as without it I probably would not have made it past one month (in 4 reviews)

• There is such a clear career path and they really do bring the best out of you (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance but that is recruitment for you (in 5 reviews)

• For me personally there are no cons to mention (in 7 reviews)

1. "Not an enjoyable experience personally"

I worked at Huntress full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They are obviously trying to become a good company. They have lots of incentives for staff and reward consultants for doing well. There is plenty of opportunity to progress in the company if you’re doing well.

Cons

There’s an obvious hierarchy in place and new consultants aren’t given much of a chance or support if they don’t have the best start.
    I felt some of the employees/management were rude and came across sneaky at times. It also felt a little isolating and people were quite ‘cliquey’.
     There is definitely a sense of favouritism and they will replace people without them even knowing!
    Outdated style of recruitment/systems

Advice to Management

Be open and honest with consultants - Offer new consultants/staff more support
    Management should be mindful of what they say to their employees as it can come off as insulting.

Jan 23, 2018

It is disappointing to read your review, not because it doesn’t paint a particular positive picture but because this goes against all our beliefs at Huntress and the experiences that are shared by so... More

2. "An honest review"

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Huntress full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good training programmes for people starting off in recruitment

roof terrace

Given all facilities needed to do recruitment

Friendly staff

1x 5pm finish per week (if your manager says it's okay for you to go)

CEO is down to earth and approachable

Cons

Incredibly KPI driven

People have their 'favourites'

Lots of cold calling with very few established clients

Micro Managed

0 incentives

Not a good commission scheme

Only the top few people in the whole company do well

Expected to work hours around your contract and pulled up if you don't

People encouraged to take lunch at their desk and banned from using the kitchen

Basically, if you like old school recruitment where you have set time periods for everything and strict KPIs then Huntress might be great for you. For me i did not get the nurturing and autonomy i needed to grow and am now enjoying a career in recruitment elsewhere where I am able to run my own desk exactly how i want instead of being micro managed.

Advice to Management

Get the Huntress name out there a bit more to improve your client base and stop checking up on KPIs and having meetings for meetings sake. Let the talented recruiters run their own desks. Also reward everyone and not just the top achievers

Jan 9, 2018

As always it is great to see employees current or former sharing their experience with the wider community.
    We are pleased to see so many giving good feedback regarding our training programme. We’re... More

3. "Ok for a start in recruitment"

I worked at Huntress full-time

Pros

Good introduction to the world of recruitment and learnt a lot to begin with but a lot of pressure if you do not bill soon enough. Very intense atmosphere and "one way fits all" rather than understanding recruiters should and could be adaptable.

Cons

Under the impression that only the people who bill are the favourite children. Consultants wouldn't be able to do their jobs without payroll, marketing and the admin teams that support them, yet they are often pushed aside and forgotten in favour for those who actually put money on the board.

Also trying to make it too uniform by making all consultants have the same technique. Every area, client and job is different so a consultant should be allowed to read the situation and judge for themselves the best approach.

Advice to Management

Reward ALL of your employees and let consultants take responsibility for how they run their desk.

"Horrible culture and lots of micro management"

Pros

Now, I did work here a good few years ago, but I have friends who still work there and confirm it hasn’t changed much. If you want to work for an agency who are “lads”, don’t mind working to strict KPI’s and being publicly mocked then this is the right place for you.

Cons

KPI driver, micro management, doesn't seem to be any real direction from senior management

May 13, 2016

Firstly, thank you for your feedback. It’s always really useful to hear comments from our current and former employees. We’re really sorry that you didn’t have a good experience of working at... More

5. "Recruitment Consultant"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Huntress full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great training, really comprehensive
    Great management

Cons

Company direction changing, different business model
    Standards implemented by former leadership disappeared

"A company that could and should do much better."

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Huntress full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company was formerly very entrepreneurial, however this spirit has been lost in recent months. The location of the office is superb.

Cons

Senior Management have recently left. Promises are rarely kept. A company that lacks clear direction and focus. e.g. two offices recently closing. the company rarely keeps its high achievers and often hires mediocre staff.

Advice to Management

honesty, more focus and direction, and consistency.