Huntress Reviews | Glassdoor

4.6
Huntress CEO Chris Leeson
Chris Leeson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • However I could not fault the training and development that was given to me at all as without it I probably would not have made it past one month (in 4 reviews)

• There is such a clear career path and they really do bring the best out of you (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance but that is recruitment for you (in 5 reviews)

• For me personally there are no cons to mention (in 7 reviews)

"Poor management and senior management seem oblivious"

I worked at Huntress full-time

Pros

Good back office support, good admin support. Good basic and commission structure.

Cons

Management seem to have a lack of respect for work/life balance, didn't lead by example and I felt created stressful situations that didn't need to be created. When I left not in a positive way (due to the terrible management I was suffering) I was shunned and although I hit all my targets and did budget in Q1 and Q2 they refused to pay my commission.

Advice to Management

Learn to be more professional, lead by example and respect your staffs work/life balance especially when they are all ready hitting targets!

2. "Like any other sales company"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Huntress full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Independent job, if you do it very very well.
    - Uni-style friday nights, with more suits.
    - Meet/talk to lots of new people.

Cons

- Money-orientated sales environment.
    - You're seen for the money you make, and micromanaged down to your daily stats.

Advice to Management

Look at the bigger picture of your employees, instead of picking at the pointless details, LISTEN to them.

"consultant"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Huntress full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

difficult to find many; good initial training, good training manager

Cons

firstly the time with initial training is sporadic at best and alot of the good ideas given to you are impossible to implement with the jealous managers who want you to fit their mould. very much a hire and fire culture 6/8 people i started work with are not working there 4 months down the line. very much kpi driven no freedom to work things out for yourself. worst is the thresholds, have a vivid recollection of a consultant asking another what they would do with the bonus from the job they just 'banged up', the reply was nothing as they didn't reach the threshold. i saw this same consultant working passed half 8 for over a week to get to that placement and she had been working in the company for over a year. very simple if you have the desire to be in recruitment work in an up and coming company like the one I'm with now if you have been in both the difference is unbelievable, do your research and stay away from huntress.

Advice to Management

go on management courses or quit

4. "Awful Company!"

Pros

I have no pros for this company

Cons

Very clicky, hard/pushy sales approach and no support given from Management. Staff turnover is exceedingly high, even for recruitment/sales

Aug 5, 2016

We are sorry you felt this way and left the company with a bad impression. The overwhelming number of positive comments supports our view that we treat everyone fairly with respect but we ask you to... More

"Unfortunate"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Huntress (Less than a year)

Pros

Great working environment and promises of opportunity and progression

Cons

Unfortunately there is an issue with management at Huntress. The Manager's have all been there years and do not seem to do much apart from hire and fire staff and have meetings about meetings about meetings. You are left to your own devices, with no motivation or guidance.

Advice to Management

Pass on your knowledge to your teams - do not let them 'get on with it' and wait for them to come to you when they need help. Help them, encourage them, motivate them - look to improve their skills further and you will get the best from your teams. Efficiency and communication are key - make sure you respond to your teams and do what you say you're going to do. Nothing is more demotivating as a promise that is not kept!

May 24, 2017

Firstly I would like to apologise as your experience at Huntress does not reflect our company’s culture, what most of our employees experience and what we aspire to be.
    Our managers place a great... More

6. "Poor employee welfare"

Former Employee - Trainee Graduate Recruitment Consultant in Holborn, England (UK)

I worked at Huntress full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good staff
    Good interview process

Cons

Minimal support from management
    Frowned upon if you did not eat your lunch at your desk, would have to work while you were eating and could not take more than 30 minutes
    Frowned upon if you ever left on time and would be pulled up on this
    Lack of training and support for trainee positions, it is like they set you up to fail

Jul 18, 2017

Firstly, I’m sorry that your experience was not as positive as most feedback we receive. In the past few years, we have made huge improvements in the training we provide all consultants joining... More

"A company that could and should do much better."

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Huntress full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company was formerly very entrepreneurial, however this spirit has been lost in recent months. The location of the office is superb.

Cons

Senior Management have recently left. Promises are rarely kept. A company that lacks clear direction and focus. e.g. two offices recently closing. the company rarely keeps its high achievers and often hires mediocre staff.

Advice to Management

honesty, more focus and direction, and consistency.

8. "Recruitment Consultant"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Huntress full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great training, really comprehensive
    Great management

Cons

Company direction changing, different business model
    Standards implemented by former leadership disappeared

"Horrible culture and lots of micro management"

Pros

Now, I did work here a good few years ago, but I have friends who still work there and confirm it hasn’t changed much. If you want to work for an agency who are “lads”, don’t mind working to strict KPI’s and being publicly mocked then this is the right place for you.

Cons

KPI driver, micro management, doesn't seem to be any real direction from senior management

May 13, 2016

Firstly, thank you for your feedback. It’s always really useful to hear comments from our current and former employees. We’re really sorry that you didn’t have a good experience of working at... More

10. "Ok for a start in recruitment"

I worked at Huntress full-time

Pros

Good introduction to the world of recruitment and learnt a lot to begin with but a lot of pressure if you do not bill soon enough. Very intense atmosphere and "one way fits all" rather than understanding recruiters should and could be adaptable.

Cons

Under the impression that only the people who bill are the favourite children. Consultants wouldn't be able to do their jobs without payroll, marketing and the admin teams that support them, yet they are often pushed aside and forgotten in favour for those who actually put money on the board.

Also trying to make it too uniform by making all consultants have the same technique. Every area, client and job is different so a consultant should be allowed to read the situation and judge for themselves the best approach.

Advice to Management

Reward ALL of your employees and let consultants take responsibility for how they run their desk.