Huntress Reviews | Glassdoor

4.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Huntress CEO Chris Leeson
Chris Leeson

1. "Fast-paced, positive working environment that always strives to improve"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Huntress full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Great team ethos
    -Recognition for your achievements
    -Clear career path and progression

Cons

-Commission structure could be better
    -Incentive for referrals could be better

Advice to Management

Continue to improve and help all teams and divisions intermingle so that Huntress operates as one singular and happy division.

2. "A company that invests in you."

Former Employee - Delivery Consultant
    Former Employee - Delivery Consultant

I worked at Huntress full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really show they are interested in you and what you offer. A great training program in place. The people you work with make all of the difference and the team I worked with in particular made my time enjoyable. There are career opportunities and reward for your hard work if targets are met. Management have worked hard to have a clear structure in place for development and growth. To sum up: a good opportunity to work in a company that values and invests in people.

Cons

Salary - like most recruitment companies, but they have a team bonus in place if targets met and do where possible reward hard work. (There are also achievable career development opportunities.)
    Hours - again like most recruitment companies, but they do offer an early finish once a week.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. A strong Management team that have good vision for the company and the employees.

3. "Happiest place I have ever worked at"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Huntress full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture, people, open demeanour of all staff at every level and the amount of support that everybody receives here are what make this place the best company I have ever worked at. And I never write reviews like this but I really want anyone thinking about working here to know. Every company always goes on about how great their people are but at Huntress it's so true. Our people are what make us amazing.

Senior management genuinely care about making this place better for employees every year, which has translated into having just earned ourselves a 2 star Best Companies accreditation for 2017. I feel so proud to have been a part of it and of all my colleagues who work so hard every day to make us even better. As a result, this year we have loads of new employee benefits, improved our commission scheme, more training programmes for different levels and a career path that makes it quicker and easier to get promoted internally.

Cons

Can be a slow to adopt major change at times.

Advice to Management

Keep striving to improve Huntress every year.

5. "Great Place"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Pros

Hard working team, highly competitive

Cons

not many peaks, could do with more out of work activities

Advice to Management

go dress down

6. "Progressive and positive company to work for."

Current Employee - Executive PA in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Executive PA in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Huntress part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked for Huntress in total for just over 6 years, within a sales role and then most recently a corporate support role.

I have seen how the company has changed and developed over the last 6 years in a very positive way.

Implementing a new career pathway to actively encourage people to progress and move up their own career path with clear timelines and targets, has been something that has a huge impact over the last couple of years. When this was implemented I was able to take my previous role to the next level whereas before this was implemented this would not have been an option. I have also seen many of my colleagues rightly promoted to more senior roles with more responsibility.

I genuinely do feel that management cares about all staff, they open and welcome new idea’s and they actively implement changes rather than just talk about them. This can range from larger long term projects to the smallest details that make people happier in the day to day office environment.

Everyone is kept updated with changes that happen in the company, via weekly/monthly and quarterly updates, a fun and interactive intranet, and there is an open door policy – the CEO, Directors and all management sit within their teams and are always very approachable.

Finally we have a big team of like minded people who I have found to be friendly and supportive across all teams, we have social events that all the company is invited to, and incentives for all staff that is not just based on sales related performances.

Cons

The Head Office environment is in need of a refurb, however we are moving to new offices in the New Year which I believe will represent our brand and create a exciting and fresh new working environment across all teams.

Advice to Management

Continue to embrace the positive changes that are being made in the way that we work to keep the company moving forward.

7. "Great company that provides excellent opportunities"

Current Employee - Office Support Permanent Consultant in Chelmsford, England (UK)

I have been working at Huntress full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Clear progression pathways
    - Clear management
    - Good communication across all branches and teams
    - Quarterly presentations for the whole company
    - Great incentives
    - Good salaries
    - No thresholds for commission

- We are a start up team and we have had great support from everybody!

Cons

- I have been with the company 6 months now and haven't identified any cons - nowhere is perfect I'd love more holiday days but wouldn't we all!

"Job Share"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Bracknell, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Bracknell, England (UK)

I have been working at Huntress part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent solution to having a great work/life balance with great job satisfaction at the same time!

I have been with Huntress nearly 16 years and Kaye, my job share colleague, 6 years but we both have extensive experience within recruitment having also held senior management positions. Four years ago we teamed up as a job share doing 3 days a week each with one crossover day to run a Permanents desk. Trust and respect is an important factor along with good communication. Experience is probably the biggest key to our success and you also get 2 heads, in terms of views, opinions, ideas etc. As you would expect, the longer we work in partnership the more successful we become, stability is always a plus in Recruitment. Holidays don’t seem to have the same impact on our desk as it is always covered for 3 days per week regardless.

For someone with experience who cant or doesn’t want to commit to full time you can still have great job satisfaction with the success meaning that you also earn good bonus. For team players, a job share is even more satisfying as you never want to let the other half down which also contributes to overall success.

Cons

No Cons, you just need to work with someone you have respect for

Advice to Management

Huntress Management had great foresight in seeing potential in a job share and are a great organisation in supporting this.

9. "Fantastic"

Current Employee - Consultant in Brighton, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Brighton, England (UK)

I have been working at Huntress full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Our team here in Brighton are friendly and sociable inside and outside of the business. We truly invest in our team by offering great foundations to make consultants the best they possibly can with on going training and commitment.

Cons

I do not have any cons

Advice to Management

Continue the great work!

10. "A great company to work for!"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

Pros

Great perks and benefits, competitive salary for this industry, excellent training and development, great staff incentives, engaging quarterly presentations, open and transparent career pathway and commission structure. Great team spirit.

Cons

Occasional long hours/overtime but you get out of this job what you put in. You are not forced to work extra hours but if you are busy and have alot of jobs to fill you do need to work longer hours But if you want to earn lots of commission then its a sacrifice you'll make

Advice to Management

No advice - just thanks for all the support and guidance into the wacky world of recruitment.

11. "An excellent company to work for"

Current Employee - Candidate Consultant in Leeds, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Candidate Consultant in Leeds, England (UK)

Pros

I have worked for Huntress for a little over 2 years, originally starting as an apprentice temping in our Leeds branch. I feel that Huntress is an exceptional company to work for (especially the Leeds office!). We have great management and training programmes, constant encouragement from managers and a variety of opportunities to progress and develop. There is a really good and open relationship with senior managers and our CEO. They regularly travel around visiting each branch allowing them to see the life of a day in the office. Whilst we are based in Leeds we have a really supportive working relationship with the rest of our 13 branch network and we see them regularly at quarterly presentations where we have updates on each team’s performance, receive amazing incentives and the opportunity to get to know our colleagues from other branches in the business.

Cons

Cant think of any and if there is the pro's definitely out-weigh the cons