Huntress Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
Huntress CEO Chris Leeson
Chris Leeson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • However I could not fault the training and development that was given to me at all as without it I probably would not have made it past one month (in 4 reviews)

• There is such a clear career path and they really do bring the best out of you (in 5 reviews)

1. "Senior Consultant"

Pros

I had worked with some amazing people at Huntress over the years. People at all levels who worked extremely hard who were a pleasure to learn from. Lots of rewards for the hard workers and those that excelled. The training structure is very good and the senior management are non hierarchical.

Cons

Big Brother environment. The hours are incredibly long where you will constantly work outside of your contractual hours. There is no work/life balance. People are exhausted. The management have favourites, it’s a real “if your face fits” organisation. Support is lacking when most needed.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging your staff. They will excel further if you cut the reigns. Stop frowning on those that leave the office at their contracted finish time. You must support those that do well through their career path even if their faces don’t fit.

2. "Senior Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Huntress full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked for Huntress for over six years now and they have always offered a really supportive, flexible and fun working environment. Offering part time working hours, when I returned from maternity leave whilst also supporting me to move up the career ladder and achieve my goals.
    I have had the pleasure of working in a really close and fun team who help, care and motivate each other to be successful!

Cons

No cons that I can think of! Huntress have been a fantastic employer

Advice to Management

More fun competition days and incentives - as everyone loves them!

3. "Ok for a start in recruitment"

I worked at Huntress full-time

Pros

Good introduction to the world of recruitment and learnt a lot to begin with but a lot of pressure if you do not bill soon enough. Very intense atmosphere and "one way fits all" rather than understanding recruiters should and could be adaptable.

Cons

Under the impression that only the people who bill are the favourite children. Consultants wouldn't be able to do their jobs without payroll, marketing and the admin teams that support them, yet they are often pushed aside and forgotten in favour for those who actually put money on the board.

Also trying to make it too uniform by making all consultants have the same technique. Every area, client and job is different so a consultant should be allowed to read the situation and judge for themselves the best approach.

Advice to Management

Reward ALL of your employees and let consultants take responsibility for how they run their desk.

"Excellent experience into my first recruitment role!"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Brighton, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Brighton, England (UK)

I worked at Huntress full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at Huntress for just under 2 years was such an amazing opportunity that gave me so much personal development and experience in recruitment. I came from a background working in retail so everything was completely new and there was a lot to take in and learn. However I could not fault the training and development that was given to me at all as without it I probably would not have made it past one month! The first six months, as everyone tells you, is hard at first and there are KPI targets to hit but the support is there with you every step of the way from your team, management and L&D trainer who regularly come down to spend time with you individually so you never feel on your own.
    Career progression is very clear from the start and if you put in the hard work is achievable. I had regular meetings with my manager to track my progression and targets and incentives put in place to help me achieve this quickly. I was always pushed by my manager and regional director to help me achieve my full potential, which again was great to have that support there to guide me in the right direction. It was also nice just to be asked how I was in general as being a sales job can be tough at times!
    It has been a truly excellent experience working at Huntress and so nice to feel part of a company where you are not just another number but the CEO knows exactly who you are. I could not have chosen a better agency to join for my first recruitment job. My experience also would not have been the same without the brilliant team in Brighton who all support each other through the low times and high times - which usually means a trip down the pub to celebrate good news!!

Cons

No cons to working at Huntress at all apart from a recruitment job is still a sales job so be prepared to sell!

"Great Place to work!"

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Huntress full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great leadership, supportive colleagues, family atmosphere and overall great support structures. Quality incentives too.

Cons

Commission structure could be enhanced a little!

Advice to Management

Retain the best talent!

6. "Fantastic career and such a great opportunity!"

Current Employee - Consultant in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England (UK)

I have been working at Huntress full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Huntress gives you all of the tools, encouragement, support and challenges you need to become successful! There is such a clear career path and they really do bring the best out of you!! The training is extremely comprehensive and enjoyable with a great Trainer. The teams are incredibly friendly and supportive. Huntress is different to any other agency I know.. they have clear values and great leadership in place who constantly strive for the best for their employees - something which can be a little rare nowadays! Lots to learn but so much opportunity and support! I made the right choice and would definitely recommend Huntress as a great employer.

Cons

None that I have experienced so far!

"Amazing company to work for!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Huntress full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Having worked at Huntress for 4 years it is truly the best company I have worked for. Yes it is hard work, yes the hours are long and yes sometimes the KPI's are hard to achieve.

However it is a sales job - what else would you expect?

The CEO is a true leader - he has made Huntress a true success and competitor in our markets. He continues to implement changes to make the working environment better and make the business grow from strength to strength.

I have worked for 4 other agencies in the past - Huntress is by far the best!!!

Cons

None that I can think of!

8. "When recruiters mean what they say!"

Current Employee - Consultant in Holborn, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Holborn, England (UK)

I have been working at Huntress full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Promises at interview stages are kept. Clear targets. Sociable environment but not lots of pressure to join if you want too. Clear career pathway. Good relationships between management and staff.

Cons

Work/Life balance but that is recruitment for you.

9. "Poor employee welfare"

Former Employee - Trainee Graduate Recruitment Consultant in Holborn, England (UK)

I worked at Huntress full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good staff
    Good interview process

Cons

Minimal support from management
    Frowned upon if you did not eat your lunch at your desk, would have to work while you were eating and could not take more than 30 minutes
    Frowned upon if you ever left on time and would be pulled up on this
    Lack of training and support for trainee positions, it is like they set you up to fail

Huntress Response

Jul 18, 2017

Firstly, I’m sorry that your experience was not as positive as most feedback we receive. In the past few years, we have made huge improvements in the training we provide all consultants joining... More

10. "Excellent opportunities and tailored career pathways"

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Huntress full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A very driven sales floor made up of very successful consultants of all levels

Fast paced, energetic and real positive vibe shared in the office and among our senior management team

A very hands on, approachable and motivated CEO with great expectations and aspirations for the company

Cons

With a years experience I have not faced any cons within the business