Huron Consulting Group Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Huron Consulting Group CEO James H. (Jim) Roth
James H. (Jim) Roth
Pros
Cons
  • "work life balance hard to maintain to meet deadlines(in 66 reviews)

• "Long hours are sometimes necessary and upper management consistently had poor communication regarding significant changes in the organization(in 23 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Huron Consulting Group full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

- The people that work here are amazing (smart, good people, fun). The culture is tight knit and your co-workers become your best friends. - There is a strong culture of development and coaching. I always felt like leadership had my back and was helping me plan for my next role, promotion, development opportunity, etc. I really felt like I was in control of my career. - I really respect and trust senior leadership....

Cons

We had a couple of slow years in healthcare. The practice leader at the time seemed slow to make necessary changes to get us back on track. We now have new leadership that is very committed to this and I feel good about where we're going. Travel can be tough, but that's all part of the deal with consulting.

2. "Fun workplace!"

I have been working at Huron Consulting Group full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Unlimited PTO Great Benefits Good starting base pay Awesome people Work-life balance is encouraged

Cons

Opportunities for moving up is a stretch.

3. "Siloed and struggles to absorb acquisitions"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Huron Consulting Group full-time

Pros

Collegial atmosphere, less command and control unlike other Consulting firms

Cons

Poor collaboration across practice areas. Org Structure perpetuates territorial behavior by MD's. Insufficient investment in methodology and research. Diversity is driven almost entirely by white female and LGBT - very little representation from other ethnicitys.

"Great company!"

Current Employee - Managing Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Huron Consulting Group full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

- Really good culture - Wonderful people - Significant, measurable impact with clients - Great place to grow a career

Cons

- Huron is experiencing a considerable growth curve and is having to work hard to stay ahead of resource and capacity needs. Lots of great steps being taking to address...but will take a little time.

Advice to Management

The firm has evolved a lot over recent years...to the better. Stay focused on bringing the strategy to life. Will be very interesting to see where we are 3-5 years from now!

5. "Pretty Fun Time and Good People"

Former Employee - Product Specialist in Portland, OR

I worked at Huron Consulting Group full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Vacation package Fun office perks Awesome coworkers

Cons

Some intense projects and deadlines meant long hours Steep learning curve Outdated training materials

"Professional, Smart, Opportunities everywhere, Good Pay"

Former Employee - Senior Director in New York, NY

I worked at Huron Consulting Group full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Huron hires some of the best, most talented recent college graduates in the marketplace. My co-workers were some of the most professional and well respected individuals in the market Base compensation and bonus was very good. There were some down years but overall, we were paid well above average. Benefits and 401k matching are some of the best in the consulting world

Cons

They sold my division in 2016 to a Venture Capital firm. Not really a con for Huron just didn't workout for the consulting arm of our group.

7. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Team Leader

I have been working at Huron Consulting Group full-time

Pros

Benefits PTO Professional development Culture Team members

Cons

There is no perfect job but very happy

"Trending Down"

Current Employee - ES Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Huron Consulting Group full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Work/life balance is decent for consulting (think, 10-12 hr workdays M-R, easy Fridays) Great people Youthful culture

Cons

Noncompetitive pay (mgmt insists it is not an issue, despite constant complaints and the fact that we are hemorrhaging analysts and associates) Highly political Understaffed (can't keep any good experienced hires for 6+ months)

Advice to Management

Bring pay at least up to market - it's unreasonable to expect people to see their peers at other firms dramatically widening the pay gap and stick around just because they like the culture. Nice coworkers don't pay our mortgages.

9. "Great people to work with, but lots of management turnover."

Current Employee - Senior Analytics Business Analyst in Portland, OR

I have been working at Huron Consulting Group full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Great colleagues and good work environment. I enjoy working with everyone in the office.

Cons

Management is mostly from Denver and most of the Portland managers were let go.

10. "Great people, changing culture"

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Huron Consulting Group full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

The people who work at Huron are great. Fun to be around.

Cons

Middle management at Huron lacks leadership qualities

Found 702 reviews