Found 1,543 of over 2K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Poor management and too many questions" (in 35 reviews)
- "The compensation and rate of pay could be better and i would be happier if they matched industry standards." (in 32 reviews)
- "Less salary compared to market" (in 31 reviews)
- "Upper management is clueless." (in 27 reviews)
- "Long hours and a lot of travel" (in 26 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Huron Consulting Group and is not affected by filters.
- 3.0Nov 21, 2023DirectorCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearChicago, IL
Huron's initially, Huron seemed like a forever home, type company, good culture and decent pay and bonus.
Like all small consulting firms, in the end if there aren't enough projects in the pipeline, they will start cutting resources and overwork resources. And eventually they get on the offshore business model/train, and focus on developing their offshore teams and diminish the size of their onshore teams, by cutting mid level positions and bringing in associate level, onshore resources. You have about 100 very greedy, very overpaid Managing directors who only care how much their bonus is going to be every year and they will take any project on, at the lowest price and then burn out their consultants, trying to make the poorly budgeted project, succesful.1
- 3.0Nov 30, 2023Executive AssistantFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsLake Oswego, OR
Co-workers, diversity, benefits, community/volunteer involvement.
Archaic management mindset from old Arthur Anderson employees. EAs must be in the office 5 days a week (although everyone they support is remote), aren't treated like they have anything to contribute and have no growth & development plan.
- 3.0Nov 13, 2023Digital AnalystCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearChicago, IL
People are chill and the work doesn’t seem as demanding as in management consulting. Lot less PowerPoint slides and does require a lot more learning of actual software for the job
High expectations for new hires. Very rushed onboarding process. Slight lack of stability in terms of projects depending on the practice. Below industry level pay
- 3.0Nov 17, 2023DirectorCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsChicago, IL
Growth and opportunity for learning.
Salary and benefits fail against market. Leadership that’s says it does is comparing to C players when we are asking for our people to be A players.
- 3.0Nov 15, 2023AssociateCurrent EmployeeChicago, IL
work life balance is good
pay is lower than it should be, and some co workers forget that we're healthcare consultants... not healthcare providers.
- 4.0Nov 12, 2023AnalystCurrent EmployeeLos Angeles, CA
WLB (consultants don't work more than 50-55 hours per week) Culture Development
Lower base pay than other firms
Huron Consulting Group Reviews FAQs
Huron Consulting Group has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 1,624 reviews left anonymously by employees. 80% of employees would recommend working at Huron Consulting Group to a friend and 79% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.
80% of Huron Consulting Group employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Huron Consulting Group 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.