Huron Consulting Group "great people" Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Huron Consulting Group Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated Oct 29, 2019

3.8
Huron Consulting Group President, CEO and Director James H. (Jim) Roth
James H. (Jim) Roth
Pros
Cons
  • "work life balance hard to maintain to meet deadlines(in 74 reviews)

• "I was literally told by upper management to accept that we will never have good product management(in 26 reviews)

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Director"

Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Huron Consulting Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Amazing company culture. Great people - smart, accountable, knowledgeable. A work hard, play hard environment with clients needs and satisfaction at the forefront of all the work we do.

Cons

Recent softness in the healthcare market has left the platform feeling a bit unsteady. However; Huron is not the only company experiencing this. Work/life balance is not always prioritized.

Advice to Management

Consider retention bonuses to keep your strong performers engaged and around to get through the hurdles.

Huron Consulting Group2017-04-11
  2. "Analyst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Huron Consulting Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people, very talented and hard working.

Cons

Different culture across LOBs - some groups are much more autonomous than others

Advice to Management

Retain the good talent

Huron Consulting Group2019-10-29
  3. "Great people, tedious work"

Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Huron Consulting Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people who have high EQs, lots of upward mobility at low levels

Cons

work is dreary in healthcare

Huron Consulting Group2019-07-11

"Trending Down"

Current Employee - ES Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Huron Consulting Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work/life balance is decent for consulting (think, 10-12 hr workdays M-R, easy Fridays) Great people Youthful culture

Cons

Noncompetitive pay (mgmt insists it is not an issue, despite constant complaints and the fact that we are hemorrhaging analysts and associates) Highly political Understaffed (can't keep any good experienced hires for 6+ months)

Advice to Management

Bring pay at least up to market - it's unreasonable to expect people to see their peers at other firms dramatically widening the pay gap and stick around just because they like the culture. Nice coworkers don't pay our mortgages.

Huron Consulting Group2019-02-27
  5. "Good Honest Place to Work"

I have been working at Huron Consulting Group full-time

Pros

Great people all around. Challenging work aplenty. Flexible management.

Cons

Some of the software products are a little long in the tooth. Newer product development feels a little rocky with mixed confidence levels, but with good intentions at least.

Advice to Management

Some Senior Management members are a little unpredictable and hard to read. Leadership for the most part wants to do well.

Huron Consulting Group2019-01-03
  6. "Director"

I worked at Huron Consulting Group full-time

Pros

Great People to work with, and great network

Cons

Culture is spoken but not implemented or enforced. Some areas do abide by it, but generally it's a ton of double speak.

Huron Consulting Group2018-10-25
  7. "Associate"

Current Employee - Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Huron Consulting Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people, and big opportunities for growth

Cons

Full time travel, haphazard corporate management

Huron Consulting Group2018-02-28

"Experienced Analyst"

I have been working at Huron Consulting Group full-time

Pros

Great people- Everyone I've interacted with is extremely kind, open to help, and genuinely care. This truly makes Huron stand apart from other firms that tend to be competitive and cut-throat. Input from day 1- I was included in the conversation on analysis for my project on day 1. My thoughts were heard, discussed, and integrated into the final deliverable. It is rare to find a company that makes you feel valued. Flexible- You can work from home or other locations when it doesn't interfere with client work. Unlimited PTO is a great bonus. Requests for PTO must be approved by your project manager, but I haven't had any issues. Feedback- You should get and give feedback during and at the conclusion of each project. Feedback has always been phrased constructively and professionally. Additionally, everyone has a peer mentor and a coach to go to for advice. Overall, Huron stands by its core values and has been an amazing opportunity.

Cons

Tools- 99.9% of work is done in excel. Huron makes it very difficult for people who have experience in other tools to get them. There is a desire to keep pushing to improve (a great pro), but there is a lack of willingness to invest in the tools needed to do so. Too many websites/portals- There are about 10 different sites/tools/systems/etc.. It is extremely confusing when you start out and far too complicated.

Advice to Management

Invest in the skills your people have by giving them the tools they need. this will lead to innovation, better output, additional capabilities, and ultimately more revenue.

Huron Consulting Group2017-12-22
  9. "Average place but little vision"

I have been working at Huron Consulting Group full-time

Pros

Strong culture, good benefits, great people

Cons

Does not respond to market changes quickly

Huron Consulting Group2017-11-13

"Poor Management."

Current Employee - Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Huron Consulting Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people depending on which projects you're assigned too.

Cons

Little to no input on the projects you're staffed on. Poor life balance. I was told by a manager to expect 1-1.5 hours of free time each night but I should be working after work until I go to bed. Mass layoffs for the past year leading to understaffing and bringing on new hires who have no idea what they're doing, while letting go of some of the highest performing consultants. Promotions are managed like a boys club. If you know the right managers, you'll get the promotion - regardless of tenure or qualifications.

Huron Consulting Group2017-09-24