KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Huron Consulting Group

Engaged Employer

Huron Consulting Group

Add a Review

Huron Consulting Group Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jan 24, 2021

Found 196 of over 1,096 reviews

4.1
Huron Consulting Group President, CEO and Director James H. (Jim) Roth
James H. (Jim) Roth
Pros
  • "Good compensation, work life balance(in 120 reviews)

• "Great people to work with overall which made the job rewarding(in 57 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Consulting can be challenging when it comes to work/life balance(in 79 reviews)

• "Upper Management can be a boys club where promotions are given to buddies, not necessarily the folks who deserve them(in 27 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Huron Consulting Group and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Great Flexibility and benefits

Jan 11, 2021 - Higher Education Consulting Analyst in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture, work/life balance, good benefits

Cons

Many employees work remote (even before covid) so it's harder to build office culture.

Employee Experience Leadership

Thank you for your feedback.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Adapted very well during COVID19

Oct 6, 2020 - Analyst in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent work-life balance. It is encouraged by leadership to take a break and prioritize self-care and mental wellness. The CEO and Leaders are mindful of all the news that has been happening during 2020 and genuinely care about their employees. Working here during COVID19 has been a very positive experience and the firm has done a great job making investments to remote working for the long haul. As a little guy at the bottom of the totem pole, I feel respected and looked as a partner/team memeber with my superiors and direct reports. The culture here in Huron is very much adhere to its values and it shows with the type of employees that are hired. Those who don't care those values don't stay for too long. I will also say there is a lot of boomarangs. I suppose people think it's greener on the other side but realize it's not and decide to come back!

Cons

Unless you work in the practice/consulting-side, it's a bit difficult to climb the ladder in the corporate side. There isn't a straightforward trajectory in your growth but there are plenty of resources within HR that is provided to hone your career. Leadership, coaches, and mentors are willing to help with your professional development (it just takes a bit more leg work and patience).

Employee Experience Leadership

Thank you for your thorough feedback. We are delighted to hear that you are having a positive experience working at Huron. Consider looking into our career mobility program. This program is intended to make it easier for employees to navigate their career path at Huron.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company & People

Jan 10, 2021 - Healthcare Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve been really impressed with how well Huron has taken care of its employees, particularly noticeable through the pandemic. Great people!

Cons

Consulting can be challenging when it comes to work/life balance. I have always received the support I needed to take time away.

1 person found this review helpful

Employee Experience Leadership

We appreciate you sharing your experiences. There is no doubt 2020 has challenged all of us - staying focused on our values has and will remain our guidepost.

4. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

An organization that prioritizes its employees

Oct 30, 2020 - Director in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and work life balance; the vast majority of the people really live the values of the organization; they have a real desire for growth and are working toward it. I've had a lot of opportunity to shape my career and I feel heard.

Cons

Huron tends to turn a blind eye to leaders who do not live the values. They tend to leave them in leadership positions, which puts a strain on what would normally be an amazing culture. Leadership has vision for growth but often get in their own way. It doesn't feel like they are willing to make the necessary changes needed to really execute on the vision .

3 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company overall

Dec 25, 2020 - Analyst in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work-life balance and company culture. They provide a great total compensation.

Cons

The base salary is lower than the average market value.

1 person found this review helpful

Employee Experience Leadership

We appreciate your feedback. We are proud of the culture and continue to ensure that our total rewards are competitive.

6. 5.0

Associate

Jan 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good compensation, work life balance

Cons

Could be very demanding and challenging

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Wonderful company environment and culture

Nov 12, 2020 - Associate Consultant in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very collaborative atmosphere Lots of opportunities to develop your career through training, certifications or PD projects Big focus on work/life balance

Cons

Nothing really comes to mind

Employee Experience Leadership

We appreciate you sharing your experiences. Providing a collaborative environment where individuals can grow is vital.

8. 5.0

Great Culture.

Nov 9, 2020 - Associate in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

- solid compensation - good work/life balance - great culture

Cons

- consulting - few exit opportunities - limited cross company exposure

9. 4.0

Good work life balance.

Jan 24, 2021 - Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance & good work environment

Cons

Pay is lower than competitors

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Value driven firm

Oct 5, 2020 - Associate in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Own your career 2. Work life balance 3. Better leadership/development opportunities than Big4 4. Total comp

Cons

1. PMO can be disorganized on large projects

Employee Experience Leadership

Thank you for your feedback. .We are glad you hear you are having a positive experience.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 196 Reviews