Hustle Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Hustle is amazing!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Hustle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

So far my experience at Hustle has been incredibly rewarding. From the start, I was given real responsibility and ample opportunity to grow my skillset. My co-workers are supportive, cooperative, and driven; they constantly evaluate the work they are doing, push themselves/their teams to exciting milestones, and keep the company driving forward. I couldn't ask for a better place to work.

Cons

We're starting to run out of space in our office (a good problem to have).

2. "Real Impact"

I have been working at Hustle full-time

Pros

The week after the historic Women's March, I woke up to find that PlanParenthood was launching the largest mobile-first campaign of its kind all powered by Hustle. It's amazing to feel the direct and immediate impact of working here.

Cons

The highs are high and the lows are low. The emotional intensity of what we do can be difficult.

3. "Join Hustle, Save the World"

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Hustle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The team is really smart, fast-moving, and diverse. And the vibe is fun. Great that we get to work with clients like Planned Parenthood, MoveOn, and Everytown that are doing important things in the world.

Also, I enjoy that I get to work on challenging sales problems with an engaged team from product, engineering, the rest of sales, and customer success supporting me. I've worked at a number of companies and have never seen a company as aligned across teams as this one is.

Cons

Filling the "cons" section out feels a little forced actually. Maybe private offices or something for the sales team? I'm really reaching to come up with something here. I've worked at a number of companies and this is the best one.

Advice to Management

Management is doing a great job and I feel pretty informed. We're fine now, but let's make sure we invest in internal training as we scale.

4. "Hustle is the best company that I've ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Hustle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-AMAZING team
    -Great values & morals
    -A+ management
    -Very fun & open culture
    -Product is best in the market
    -VERY successful sales team

Cons

There are no cons to working at Hustle.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring amazing people, best company ever.

5. "My favorite job I've ever had."

Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Hustle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast paced, AMAZING impact, constant growth, humble and intelligent team.

Reasonable and accessible leadership. Strong product market fit and high demand.

Non-bro-y culture of unique people who genuinely support one another in succeeding. Respectful communication within and amongst teams, no weird power struggles.

I feel like I achieve greater social impact in one day at Hustle than if I spent a whole week volunteering. Our clients are incredible and inspiring organizations doing vital work to boost civic participation, stand up for women's rights, LGBT rights and racial justice. It means so much to be able to support them with an incredible new innovative tool to engage members and see their faces light up with the results.

Cons

Not necessarily a con, but fair warning: this is not a coasting job. You will work hard. Some people choose to work longer hours, but it's optional. When I make that choice it's because I want to go the extra mile to support our clients.

Advice to Management

Keep supporting the growth of everyone as we scale. As we have more bandwidth, offering additional professional development benefits would be great.

The team goals with perks like trips or other rewards are super fun. Thanks for sending us on a team trip to Japan. So cool!

Let's make sure to keep striving to build a team that is as friendly, unique, and diverse as possible. We are so lucky to have such a great culture here.

6. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Hustle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people. Great work/life flexibility. We live in tumultuous times so it's cool working at a company who's mission is to invest in real conversations and real relationships. It's like the anti-spambot we read so much about last year. Everyone who works there is there not to make a killing in SV (though it pays super well), but rather because they believe they're doing important work to make the world a better place.

Cons

It's still a new company if you like to come into a work environment where everything about the work environment culture is already decided it's not quite there yet. That's the only potential negative I can think of.

"Software Engineer Intern, Social Capital Fellow"

Former Intern - Software Engineer, Social Capital Fellow in San Francisco, CA
    Former Intern - Software Engineer, Social Capital Fellow in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Hustle as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The people and culture are amazing and the company's values aligned with my own. I worked on really interesting projects which I had full control over. I also had freedom to choose the projects I would be working on. The tech stack was all in JavaScript and incredibly fun to work with (React, React Native, Node.js, Express). Hustle also has annual trips which unfortunately I was not available to go on (they've gone to Hawaii and Japan as a company). But a cool thing I did get to do was fly to Atlanta to volunteer with one of our potential clients.

As a Social Capital Fellow I got great compensation and invited to events with other Social Capital Fellows. One of these events was a lunch with Social Capital founders where the other interns and I got a chance to speak to the founders and ask them questions.

Cons

Not many downsides. When it gets busy some less important code reviews can take a while to be approved or rejected. But I'm sure this will get better as Hustle hires more engineers and adds more process to project management. In addition, this may be mainly my own fault though, sometimes the work/life balance isn't great when I really want something to be shipped in time and will stay late every day until it's complete.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great product and company values. I really enjoyed working here and hope the culture and availability of interesting work will still be the same when I decide to return.