Huxley Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Huxley CEO Gary Elden
Gary Elden

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Hypothetically - if you are a top performer - you could relocate offices/countries and earn a lot of money (in 4 reviews)

• Good people, training very good, definitely a good business to join for those looking for sales training (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, unpredictable (just like any sales role) (in 7 reviews)

• Or try your luck and request to join the team that is already mature to make money (in 4 reviews)

1. "Fun Environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Huxley (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent opportunity for earnings potential in a fast pace environment

Cons

Very young environment, high turnover rate and most managers have very little experience managing people

Advice to Management

Bring in people with management experience

"associate recruitment consultant"

I worked at Huxley full-time

Pros

good people- company does a great job of hiring smart, driven individuals at all levels
    training- strong training system
    facilities - good location, open office

Cons

management- inexperienced and a lot of times clearly don't know what they're doing. The entire office is led by former top billers who don't know how to manage and probably didn't have the desire to do so. A lot of them are unprofessional, on a power trip, disrespectful and unprofessional.

overstate opportunity - expect to be oversold and disappointed. Not much opportunity to make money, lack of business strategy

managers rely HEAVILY on metrics like daily dial numbers and KPI's in general as a way of measuring productivity

Advice to Management

stop trying to manipulate and push around your employees like you do your candidates

3. "Huxley is amazing!"

Former Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at Huxley (More than a year)

Pros

Work environment is fun and fast paced

Cons

There aren't any cons to report on.

"Huxley Chicago - Great career opportunity"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Huxley full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

* Fantastic training
    * Supportive management who are open to employee feedback and encouraging employee success
    * Very fun, competitive, energetic atmosphere / culture (Vegas trips, Sales competitions, many other incentives)
    * Uncapped commission / very well rewarded for hard work put in. In my first full year in the company (first year out of college, at only 23 years old) I earned $100K. This was definitely on the high end, but also very doable for anyone who puts in the work. I was given the opportunity to earn as much as I wanted and control my own success - which is fantastic
    * Chicago office is growing like crazy (12 people when I started back in 2013, now at almost 70). As a result, everyone in the company has a ton of career growth potential in whichever direction you'd like to (leadership, management, senior level sales /individual contributor role)
    * Cool office and great location in the heart of the loop

Cons

Sales is a grind in general, so naturally, there are ups and downs and stress involved from time to time. Luckily, management and my team provides guidance and support to help overcome this

Advice to Management

Not much I can think of. Management continues to be open to feedback / advice and I've see our management evolve and move the company forward a ton over the past three years.

"Straight up robotic body shop"

Former Employee - Trainnee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Trainnee in New York, NY

I worked at Huxley (More than 3 years)

Pros

A chance and a great training program for someone with no experience.

Cons

As I was there years ago I'm sure it's changed. When I started the whole office was brought over UK folks. The company's training model is to train you to he robots. They look for strong willed ppl to join as they don't take approaches differently without ppl acting as robotic. The work they make you do is silly. At one point my colleauge and I booked meetings with randoms and went alone 2 weeks him. Him with someone who was the CEO of a company. They also encourage you to use third party vendors. Ppl aren't really encouraged to build relationships with candidates and really just outsource it and fill jobs from a portal. These r portal requirments mostly when I was there and throwing spaghetti at a wall and hoping it sticks. I was fire from my time there and then went on to another agency and did very well. I work for another another firm now and we do not train our graduates anywhere near the stuff they have. Graduates and we all are of course looked at calls perspectively but there is no matrix or adding 100 ppl into a database per month as a kpi. They love cold calling but cold calling is Londons 90s stuff that doesn't work know where you need to get smarter about how you call clients.
    They are a very glorified body shop who's redress robotic behaviors and call them subject matter experts

Advice to Management

We live in America. Your fact finding needs analysis and mail shots written as "I am a peacock watch me fly" in the subject line r very young.

6. "Great entry-level sales job"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Huxley full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very clear promotion targets. People are promoted based on performance and not on how well-liked they are to other seniority. Energetic culture. Rewarding incentives.

Cons

Long hours, unpredictable (just like any sales role). A lot of pressure to perform well.

Advice to Management

Follow through with time commitments, recognize that the time of the people you are managing is just as valuable as your own.

7. "Exactly what I wanted in a job!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Huxley full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Huxley and the parent company Sthree offer the best of both worlds. The Chicago office is a fast growing entrepreneurial start-up. The company as a whole is a global powerhouse. In Chicago the culture is fast-paced, fun, and hard-working. A lot of people in their 20's make well over 6-figures, and it isn't a cut-throat place to work. Everyone wants their teammates to do well. I love it!

Cons

There are definitely some tough days. You do 2-3 large deals each month so if a couple go against you it can be a bad month.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring good people, keep exploring new opportunities (Ohio, Indiana, Minnesota)

"Terrible Environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Huxley full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None, I have nothingness positive to say.

Cons

Treated as a number, not as an employee. They sell you the dream of being able to make a lot money, but ask to see the commission structure. It's one of the worst in the industry. Only three or four people in the office make good money, the rest work 14 hour days for cents. The management team are not there to support staff at all, they only care about their bonuses and the place is full of British people, they do not promote from within. Literally a lmao awful place to work.

Advice to Management

You're in America, try hiring some of us.

9. "Recruitment Consultant"

Pros

Great people, engaging work, tremendous growth potential, solid training, fun atmosphere in and out of the office, growing industry and company.

Cons

lack of consistent structured feedback

10. "Valuable 2 Years"

Former Employee - Recruiter - Contracts in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Recruiter - Contracts in New York, NY

Pros

The executives based in New York are some of the best sales people I've ever been around. I truly learned how to sell from these guys. Huxley has the client relationships to set good salespeople up for success.

Cons

Commission structure on contracts requires a PHD in calculus to understand.

Don't work here if you don't want to work your butt off and make money. This job requires thick skin, smarts and motivation - nothing is handed to you. There is a TON of money to be made in recruitment - if it was easy, everyone would do it.

Advice to Management

Start some Huxley/Sthree alumni events