Hyatt Legal Plans Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
Ingrid Tolentino

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Their turn over rate speaks for itself"

Former Employee - Panel Representative in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Panel Representative in Cleveland, OH

Pros

This company has Decent Benefits. The office is newly renovated and there is free lunch once a month. They have a nice coffee maker.

Cons

Favoritism. There are groups like High School and getting into those groups will help you get moreover what you want.

Sep 26, 2017 – General Counsel and VP

Thank you for your feedback. We value hearing from former employees on ways that we can improve our culture and experience for employees. We are sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction and look at all... More

2. "Restaurant"

Current Employee - Hostess in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Hostess in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Hyatt Legal Plans full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and managers

Cons

None really everyone was good to me

Advice to Management

None every one was great

Sep 26, 2017 – General Counsel and VP

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to review and provide information on your experience with the company.

3. "Call Center"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Hyatt Legal Plans full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits
    Decent office environment
    Free coffee

Cons

Flexibility
    Pay
    Management
    Seniority rules, they don't care about experience or fits for jobs

Sep 26, 2017 – General Counsel and VP

We are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience. We take suggestions on how we can improve our services and/or company culture very seriously and we appreciate you taking the time to share... More

4. "Small but growing company!"

I have been working at Hyatt Legal Plans full-time

Pros

The #1 pro is the benefits. From the excessive amount of PTO time to the insurances, you're set. Another pro would be the CEO, she pushes the company in the right direction and has made major positive changes since coming to Hyatt. Lastly a huge pro to me is the management and the employees that work there. It's a very fun environment and you can make a lot of friends. Manegament is supportive, helpful, and the majority of them are just fun people to be around.

Cons

The hours aren't exactly ideal if you have low seniority and work in the call center. Outside of the call center, hours are golden. The pay could definitely always be improved. Also it's not exactly the type of job where you can move up extremely quickly. It's competitive so you need to put in the work, but the opportunities are there.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, but definitely pay attention to your strong players. Utilize their assets and realize what they can bring to the table.

5. "I don't regret it, but I wouldn't go back"

I worked at Hyatt Legal Plans full-time

Pros

good environment
    nice people
    plenty of opportunities to move up in the company

Cons

pay is mediocre but required a college degree (not so much anymore)
    must have bachelors to move up
    on my way out management was being more of a dictatorship

"Run as fast as you can in the opposite direction."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Hyatt Legal Plans full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not one. It's pretty amazing to me that this company has a two start rating. I'd be delighted to give negative stars if such a thing were possible.

Cons

The current state of the call center is absolutely haywire and the department into the ground. The place is never prosperly staffed which creates a stressful and hostile work environment as everyone gets slammed with calls with no time to breathe in between them. It's only a matter of time before the entire company inevitably folds. It's never about who can do the job efficiently, only who's most popular when it comes to being put in positions of power. However, it's all about politics there at Hyatt so none of these important factors are considered in the least bit. It's just a giant popularity contest. Also, supervisors are totally unprofessional. It's a shame that when a CSR needs a question answered two out of the four to be some treats in about a property chitchatting with others, far from their offices...you know...where they should be... answering questions. Inappropriate comments, language, pettiness are all a regular occurrence amongst some of the supervisors and associates from other departments. The company of course turns a blind eye to this because of the aforementioned imbecilic politics.

Advice to Management

You've all done an immeasurably bang up job of ruining the company. Say goodbye to all of your jobs.

Feb 9, 2017 – General Counsel and VP

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are sorry to hear of your experience. We are always looking for ways to improve the work load of our call center representatives, but we... More

7. "Terrible"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Hyatt Legal Plans full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work hours, nice office in Downtown location.

Cons

The legal insurance they sell could be a good product except they have a network of very poor attorneys that are unprofessional and not trained well. They are paid little by Hyatt and Hyatt has lost a lot of good firms due to that. You get what you pay for. The attorneys are paid so badly they end up turning Hyatt clients away because they can't work so such little money. Obviously, this causes a lot of upset customers that the staff has to deal with. Their technology and IT department is archaic and clueless. That causes a lot of inefficiencies for staff and members. Managers are sometimes unprofessional and unorganized. Some want to be buddy buddy with certain staff. It's cliquey there. Staff in the Call Center are treated like high school kids. They have staff lunches and call you to give you permission to go get food and then it sits on your desk until it's time for your lunch. Sometimes that's over an hour to wait to eat food sitting in front of you. Generally, the company is stuck in the 80's and is slow to move into the 21st century. They pretend to value employees and ideas, but when presented, ideas are overlooked or swept under the rug or you are told it's not possible. MetLife (owner of Hyatt) is taking over more and more and implementing their cheesy, hokey corporate culture to reel in employees and implement better "customer centricity" when really they don't care about customers. They just want bigger profits. If they cared about their customers, they'd pay their staff and attorneys better so that everyone would feel valued and provide great service. I had many customers tell me the company is a bait and switch. I can't say I disagree. The Marketing department makes the product seem so much better than it is. Then you read the fine print and realize it doesn't cover very many services. Overall, really bad company.

Advice to Management

Stop focusing so much on profit, profit, profit and PAY your staff and the attorneys that provide services. Training for both staff and attorneys NEEDS to be improved. The pay is so low for staff and attorneys that members suffer and receive bad service. The company is constantly boasting about record profits, yet the pay is awful and not acceptable for the market. You are trying to grow profit too fast. The product is suffering.

Jul 19, 2016 – General Counsel and VP

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We take employee reviews very seriously and appreciate the feedback.

To address your concerns regarding attorney compensation, we regularly... More

"Client Service Rep."

Former Employee - Client Service Representative in Naples, FL
    Former Employee - Client Service Representative in Naples, FL

I worked at Hyatt Legal Plans full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good work hous. Good supervisor KL great Csc director. Had great staff meetings and I learned great problem resolution skill set there as well as task and time management methods!

Cons

Upper management policies unbending and narrow minded. Did not care about how they effected employees jobs or well being. Need to offer proper education seminars to employees regularly to better their position viability and offer more time to spend with family and better call metrics training to all Csc Employees and better salaries as well. ARAG is ahead of you in all these Areas.

Advice to Management

Please give your employees more education options and better salaries/work-life balance. Also teach call metrics to everyone and teach advanced call escalations procedures and stress management strategies to Csc Reps. ARAG has you behind in all these areas and your turn over has always been high. It takes a certain type of person to last in this type of industry and in order to retain quality employees you must invest in them properly. I learned a great deal when I was employed there and ustilize what I was taught in my chosen field currently and that sole credit will always go to Chris Tomsa and Kitty Lazar and Lou Ellen Vincient for having the patience and acumen to teach proper service resolution methods and procedures.

"Hyatt Legal Plans - A Company That Has Little to Offer"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Hyatt Legal Plans full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There really aren't too many pros. One good thing about Hyatt Legal Plans is there are some excellent employees there who truly care about the quality of work they do. Hyatt is fortunate to have these employees, though no doubt, they are under-appreciated.

Cons

Where do I begin? Hyatt essentially has nothing special or above and beyond that is offered to their employees. The pay is low. There is no maternity leave - paid or unpaid. Employees are under-valued. There's a lack of diversity. No surprise that upper-management is mostly comprised of Caucasian males. Why? Probably because they have not moved past the 1950's American work culture that assumes women are stay-at-home moms; they seem to assume that a rigid, inflexible, one-fits-all work schedule is perfectly acceptable. This is not the case for the many families out there where both husband and wife work full-time jobs, or for the many single parents out there who have no choice but to work. This is not a caring, family-friendly work place. Sad to leave some great co-workers, but I have no regrets about my decision to leave this company. If they actually cared, I might have stuck around.

Advice to Management

1) Increase employees' salaries. Had I been a single parent solely relying on my salary to survive and provide for my child (I wasn't - this is hypothetical), I would have been living close to poverty. And that's for a professional career that requires a 4 year degree. Sad.
    2) Provide more work flexibility. This would greatly benefit all employees, especially those who are raising children. This is 2015 - time to think about modern-day options, such as allowing employees to work from home. Offering flex time would also be helpful. Remember, parents still need to be able to take their kids to doctors appointments, even If they're working full-time. It's also nice for parents to be able to be involved in the raising of their children. I don't believe we should have to choose between working and raising our children.
    3) Offer a paid maternity leave. A paternity leave would be great, too. Infants require tremendous amounts of care and it would help so many families to offer an actual maternity leave that is paid. Offering the standard FMLA 12 weeks unpaid is pathetic and speaks volumes on how you value your employees.

"Excellant"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Hyatt Legal Plans full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoyed helping people signing up for their legal plan services, helping them learning and using their legal plan. I liked their idea to promote from within and the hours were great.

Cons

For my department is was not being able to travel to the benefit events when they were set up. Also, the salary leaves alot to be desired.

Advice to Management

LEadership and training were very good. It is difficult to hear about how well the company is doing and the the profits keep increasing, but the profits never filter down to increasing the salary of the employees.