Hyde Park Restuarants Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated June 30, 2017

Full-timePart-time

CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "store manager perspective"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Hyde Park Restuarants full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great food. Restaurant level staff fun to work with.

Cons

Corporate culture of Micro-management. They don't trust the store level managers to run the business.

2. "No room for growth, bad culture"

I worked at Hyde Park Restuarants full-time

Pros

Its stable employment and very likely to stay in business.

Cons

Zero positive company culture, benefits aren't great, first PTO day isn't earned until 1 year of full time employment. You can hear the HR manager complain to others about previous employees in the hallway near reception at times. Not a lot of input or training from superiors.

Advice to Management

Engage the employees more, review your handbook and see if there are areas where there should be updates to policy to attract more high level talent. Particularly for corporate employees.

3. "General manager"

Pros

Great working conditions and awesome guests

Cons

Long hours, many many tedious programs, micro managed to a serious fault

Advice to Management

Just do your job and get a paycheck. Be careful when making suggestions as there are many tedious programs. Keep it simple, take care of employees.

"fun times, low pay."

Pros

the people are fun to work with, free employee dinners every saturday (not hyde park food, but its free), good tip$

Cons

employee retention rate would be higher if wages were raised. high expectations for not enough pay. also, corporate doesnt seem like a very friendly, human-centered bunch...

Advice to Management

reward the employees you love with raises, and watch your jobs get easier. make it worth it for your employees. remember its a two way street. invest in your employees and make the relationship mutual, and they might take you more seriously.

"Pastry Cook"

Former Employee - Pastry Chef in Beachwood, OH
    Former Employee - Pastry Chef in Beachwood, OH

I worked at Hyde Park Restuarants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Almost none: I guess you get a paycheck? So that's a plus. And you get a lot of experience about how you should not run a business.

Cons

I was only employed for a short time before I was terminated. I was brought in to travel and adjust the pastry recipes, so all of the restaurants would be consistent. But after doing a tasting in Sarasota, driving to Michigan, the downtown location, the beach wood location and the Akron location and finding many inconsistencies across the board upper management was not at all interested in my input. They did not seem to care about fixing any problems and instead reduced my job to making birthday cakes for the employees at their corporate office. And I also did weekly tasting with "corporate chefs" for pies to be served at their other concept restaurant, which curiously burnt down for the second time in five years. Before it burnt down it was my responsibility to deliver the pies to chagrin falls without compensation for gas, miles or time driving. They refused to heat the Beachwood kitchen during off hours - when pastry was in the building to prep. The other girl and I had to wear so many layers, several times snow was blowing into the vents. With the hotel indigo opening in that location I hope a lot has changed. We had a cooler down the hall that the health department didn't know about... I could go on but you get it. The place was a disaster. Management was extremely egotiscal and extremely difficult to work for.

Advice to Management

Maybe don't treat your hourly employees like plebes and pee ons. Respect goes a long way. Don't hire a pastry chef if you think you are a pastry chef. This is the worst job I have had working ten years in the industry. Thank you for firing me.

6. "Its not bad"

I have been working at Hyde Park Restuarants part-time

Pros

The money is really good

Cons

Its still serving ya know

7. "Good overall"

Pros

The people you work with in the restaurant and some of the guests. If you are able to relocate, advancement is easily attained.

Cons

Upper management tends to focus on who to blame for issues and not how to solve the problems together - often creating a frustrating and negative work environment

8. "There is no place like it around in the area"

Former Employee - Waiter in Birmingham, MI
    Former Employee - Waiter in Birmingham, MI

Pros

You get a lot of experience and ongoing training and u can make alot of money in Brirmingham

Cons

Balance and a lot of faviritism

9. "Manager"

I have been working at Hyde Park Restuarants full-time

Pros

hyde park is a great group to work for, lots of opportunities.

Cons

hospitality hours, but that is expected. nights, weekends. closed on holidays- great benefit

10. "Hostess"

Pros

Friendly staff, everyone is like a family. Hours are overall pretty good if you like/want to work 15-25 hours weekly. Weekdays are relaxing.

Cons

Usually someone needs to work holidays, but thats a given in the restaurant industry.