Hyland Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 24, 2017

4.0
Hyland CEO Bill Priemer
Bill Priemer
  1. "Nearly a decade, and still challenged at work (in a good way)"

Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Hyland full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great culture, investment in professional development, location, family-friendly corporation/culture, great benefits and perks (like a sabbatical after 8 years and vacation houses for long-term employees).

Cons

The company has historically been very transparent about changes, I feel like this has been less of a trend in the past year or so. I'm happy here but less secure about my future at the company.

Hyland2017-07-24

"Not all that great as they say it is"

I have been working at Hyland full-time for more than a year

Pros

Expanding company with a huge customer base. Strong profits for years to come. Headquarters in a decent location.

Cons

Nepotism is out of control. You are promoted by who you know. Boys club looking out for themselves and throw the rest into the path of the bus. Hyland used to be a great place to work until something changed at the end of 2015 early 2016 when department heads started letting managers run the department anyway they wished. Employee rules and guidelines differ by manager. Departments in non-customer facing roles received the blunt of the wrath. Perks and Work Life Balance became a thing of the past. Working overtime became mandatory and family outside of Hyland took a backseat. Some departments are required to work 45+ hours per week and 40+ hours if a holiday is within that week. The perks you read about are almost nil. Unless it is your own time off the clock. Employees get 2 x 20 minute breaks to enjoy the perks or a 30 minute lunch to do so. Many departments are over staffed and not much goes on, While some departments are understaffed and so busy that employees are required to finish projects and the normal workload within 50 hours or it will go on your review as a negative. Human Resources does not get involved with employee complaints as they will always side with the company. Not once have they ever sided with an employee when a concern is brought to them. Whatever the manager says to HR is the final answer. Managers friends and family members are always given the best projects that have the best chance for success and watched by the CEO.

Hyland2017-01-10

Hyland Response

February 1, 2017Director, Employee Experience

Thank you for your feedback. It is unfortunate that this has been your experience at Hyland. Hyland does want every employee to have the opportunity to reach their full potential by working hard and provides opportunities have a little fun along the way. From your post, sounds like that isn’t landing for you. Please know that you always have the opportunity to discuss your personal situation with a member of HR. I can tell you that the goal of every member of HR is to understand all sides of an issue and advocate for what is fair and good for all involved. You are always welcome to reach out to me directly to discuss further. I would welcome the opportunity to understand your position further. As for your numbers, I think you may have received some misinformation. Over the last two years, Hyland’s employee satisfaction (eNPS) score has remained consistent with 92% of employees rating Hyland a seven or above on a 10-point scale. Additionally, Hyland’s turnover was 10.5% in January of 2015 and has been on a steady decline over the past two years to end 2016 at 8.16% overall turnover. Fewer people are leaving than ever before. These numbers are shared with all employees every three months at our quarterly business review. -Sarah Coakley, Director of Employee Experience

3. "Product Marketing"

Former Intern - Product Marketing Intern in Westlake, OH

I worked at Hyland

Pros

- Amazing company culture - Amazing people - Ability to contribute in value adding projects or tasks - Incredibly fun environment

Cons

- None. Hyland may seem to good to be true, but it's truly good!

Hyland2015-11-27
  4. "Work Hard, Play Hard"

I have been working at Hyland full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are so many. Work is not my life. I enjoy going into the office. I'm no micromanaged. I'm acknowledged for my hard work. By managers actually care -- about me and my work.

Cons

The pay isn't as competitive as others; however, I find that the culture makes up for it.

Hyland2013-05-31

"Successful, family run - hard work"

I have been working at Hyland full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

- Great Culture - Dedicated teams - Constantly evolving to provide work/life balance

Cons

- pretty political - not as transparent to employees as marketed

Hyland2013-03-03
  6. "good"

Marketing

I have been working at Hyland

Pros

innovative place. possitive atmosphere. customer driven company.

Cons

their current pay is below average

Hyland2011-04-28

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 6 reviews