Hyland Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Hyland CEO Bill Priemer
Bill Priemer
Pros
Cons
  • "The work life balance comes with conditions(in 23 reviews)

• "Low pay vs similar positions at similar companies in the area(in 16 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Hyland is great place to work

Current Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Westlake, OH

I have been working at Hyland full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

The biggest pro is the people. Many companies claim loyalty to their employees but Hyland actually means it. The group of people that work here genuinely care about each other. They will talk with each other outside of work and plan events together. They truly are the company's greatest asset and the reason that makes Hyland such a great place to work. The people help to build the awesome culture of Hyland as...

Cons

There are very few in my opinion. Occasionally as the company is growing there are procedures put in place that can be over regulated and burdensome when attempting to execute on work. But there are very few of these.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you are doing! Remain accessible to employees and allow the culture to continue to flourish. Make sure to evaluate procedures to ensure that processes do not become burdening to employees executing on their work.

June 28, 2018Hyland HR

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback. We look forward to attracting and retaining wonderful people, remaining accessible and improving as we grow!

2. Great company

Current Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Westlake, OH

I have been working at Hyland full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, fun culture

Cons

Expensive insurance policy with high deductable

3. Good company with a lot going its way.

Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Olathe, KS

I have been working at Hyland full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Work/life balance. Co-workers. Job duties.

Cons

Slow to react to change. Salaries could be better. Advancement within company isn't always easy.

February 19, 2019Hyland HR

Thank you for your kind review and candid feedback. We acknowledge that there has been a lot of change at Hyland that is proving to be hard on a lot of employees. We appreciate your patience and we're excited for what's to come!

Conversion Team

Former Employee - Conversion Analyst in Westlake, OH

I worked at Hyland full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

- Flexibility to manage work hours - Consulting experience - Work from home option available (~40% team is remote) - Great perks.

Cons

- Nepotism. This was told by an honest person in the team on the 1st day. - How many people other than Caucasian males were promoted in the past 5 years? Answer: Zero. The question is why? The answer is that the people who were promoted worked hard on the opportunities they received and so they deserved every bit of it. The opportunities are available only to a specific group of people and kool-aid drinkers. Even if...

Advice to Management

Hyland is a great company to work for but not the Conversion team. Most of us have already provided the inputs but I guess this team's management only wants "YES" men around themselves.

5. Great Company

Current Employee - Sales Support in Olathe, KS

I have been working at Hyland full-time for more than a year

Pros

Wonderful company culture, and great executive team

Cons

Better communication among branches for interns that are not located in Westlake

Advice to Management

none

February 19, 2019Hyland HR

Hello! Thank you for your review and candid feedback. I will relay your concerns to our Campus Relations person. If you would like to discuss further, you can reach out to HylandHR@Hyland.com

6. Amazing Place to Work

I have been working at Hyland full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Employee culture, family feel, work hard/playhard, growth and opportunity

Cons

Requires adaptability and flexibility due to consistent growth

February 19, 2019Hyland HR

Thank you so much for your kind review and candid feedback. We are so proud of our employees for being adaptable with the many changes we've had in the last couple of years and we're excited for what's to come for Hyland!

Still the BEST place to work

Current Employee - Project Manager in Westlake, OH

I have been working at Hyland full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

1. culture 2. people 3. Leadership (at least in my division) 4. Salary (yes, people do actually make money here, contrary to what some are saying). The younger generation should learn that you don't get a raise and promotion during your first year (or 2) just because you show up for work. And if you accept a job with a poor salary, that's your fault, not the fault of the company who hired you.

Cons

1. Directors and above want to play chess with the employees. They don't ask what we want, they just make changes. That needs to happen at times but, as a current manager, they should discuss with all of leadership instead of letting the company be managed by 5 people. I'm a manager, let me manage!

Advice to Management

Trust your leadership teams, even those below you. If you don't trust them, replace them or maybe resign if the problem is YOU. Be HONEST with yourselves and the rest of us. Secrets don't work, even in a corporation.

February 19, 2019Hyland HR

Thank you for your honest review. We know how hard some of the changes have been for everyone. We appreciate your leadership and candid feedback.

8. Great company to work for

Current Employee - Applications Developer in Westlake, OH

I have been working at Hyland full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Great work life balance. Flexible work hours, in my position. Great perks, never dreaded coming to work. Positive atmosphere.

Cons

Salary started sub-industry standard, but if you stay with the company and do well, raises make up for the low start. Nepotism runs rampant, but that's pretty common happens with start ups. Hyland is relatively young, and lots of first 100 employees are still there as managers, VP's, or Chiefs. At times it felt who you knew and liked you was more important than your performance.

Advice to Management

Recognize the star employees more. Stop treating everyone as snowflakes.

February 19, 2019Hyland HR

Thank you for your straightforward review. We appreciate your candid feedback. If you would like to discuss anything further, feel free to reach out to HylandHR@Hyland.com.

9. fun & rewarding

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Hyland full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

excellent service, products, and help

Cons

can not think of any

10. Manager

I have been working at Hyland full-time

Pros

Good company with solid benefits. Opportunities for career growth and career developement

Cons

Struggles in making the jump from smaller start up type tech company to a global enterprise level company. Some policies seem localized to headquarters without much thought given to the rest of the global organization.

Found 410 reviews