Hyundai Capital America Reviews | Glassdoor

Hyundai Capital America President and CEO Ross Williams
Ross Williams

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "In an era when you can work remotely from anywhere, this company doesn't actively support work-life balance "work-from-home" (WFH) options" (in 25 reviews)

• "Not compensated accordingly for no work life balance" (in 10 reviews)

"Great company!"

I have been working at Hyundai Capital America full-time

Pros

good benefits - 401k, health, car discounts. good facility. employee engagement. helps with both lateral and vertical movements and/or growth!

Cons

at the end of the day, work is work :)

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at Hyundai Capital America full-time

Pros

Great co-workers, great pay, excellent benefits which includes high bonus opportunity, ideal work location, Corporate Culture group that strives to connect and engage employees, etc.

Cons

Actually have to work hard to get rewarded. Do not let the bitter employees who have major competency concerns stop you from applying. There are people here that need to go but for some reason continue to stay. I would put money on it that even their crazy gets picked up in interviews and no one else will hire them for the money they make. PLEASE LEAVE and don’t let those double doors hit you on your way out. I’ll be there to waive you GOOD BYE and wish you well.

Strict attendance policy. This place is NOT meant for the following: people with no ability to control their emotions, people who think they can talk crazy to their managers or customers and keep their job, people who think they can break the rules, pettiness, liars, and the list could go on and on. (You know who you are) High School is calling you back. Crawl back from the trailer that you call home and quit dragging the rest of us down.

Advice to Management

Better work from home options, more flexibility on attendance policy, and continue to work on things for employees to be competitive within the DFW market

3. "Analyst II"

Current Employee - Analyst II in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Analyst II in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Hyundai Capital America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay and great benefits.

Cons

Employee lease program taken away.

"Operation losses"

I have been working at Hyundai Capital America full-time

Pros

Ambitious company with hard working people

Cons

Management has no clear direction. Hard working with global partners.

5. "analyst 1 collector 2"

I have been working at Hyundai Capital America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great atmosphere, good benefits, care about employees

Cons

hard to move up but can move to other departments

"Analyst I Collector I"

Current Employee - Analyst in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Analyst in Plano, TX

I have been working at Hyundai Capital America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

catered lunches, work from home positions depending on your department, monthly bonus for top collectors, yearly all paid vacation for top performers, health insurance for family is about $95, free vision, dental is about $10 a month, coverage for braces is 2K, They add about 2600 into the HSA card for those with dependents, starting hourly pay is: Collector I, $17, Collector II and III $19, Bankruptcy $22, also pay additional percentage for being bilingual, either Korean or Spanish, plenty of clubs to participate in which are covered by the company such as kickball, baseball, eating outside of the box club, salary increase is usually 3 percent and there is a pay increase of 5-15 percent for each promotion

Cons

favoritism is the easiest way to advance, unprofessional behavior is tolerated through out the collections department, salary increase for job promotion depends on how much the HR specialist likes you, anywhere between 5-15 percent.

Advice to Management

Hire professional employees and enforce your No Tolerance policy on the bullying that is reported to human resources.

"It"

Pros

Company has lots of great people and benefits. Nice building to work in.

Cons

Do not trust anyone from management. All they do is lie to your face. They work you like crazy! If they can work 365 days in a year they will.

Advice to Management

Stopped hiding behind your office and do your job by listening to the hard workers! When they ask for help get them help. When they need supplies stopped asking them what for!

"Company"

Former Employee - Analyst II - Administration in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Analyst II - Administration in Irvine, CA

I worked at Hyundai Capital America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Health insurance contribution and HSA fund is good compare to other tech company

Cons

The management in HQ didn't really care about remote office.
    I was hired as an office admin, but my role has to be an IT, fixing computer issues, checking connection for video conference, in addition I had to do maintenance check (oil change regular, alignment service and change tires) for my boss's car for 18 months with company credit card
    I am a non-exempt so had to come in office but other employees who is from Korea, they always late to work and just go home whenever they want

Advice to Management

Observing competent employees and giving them more work is the way for the company to grow. However, the company does not pay much attention to the staff below the manager level.

9. "Job"

Current Employee - Collections Specialist in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Collections Specialist in Plano, TX

I have been working at Hyundai Capital America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work

Cons

The benefits could be better

"Think Twice"

Current Employee - Recovery Analyst in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Recovery Analyst in Plano, TX

I have been working at Hyundai Capital America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Benefits and that's about it.

Cons

Favoritism, intimidation, and bullying. In the department the managers pick a couple of favorites and do not require those to have to hit the target goals as the rest. The managers will make up items that will prevent the employees to try to apply to get out of the department. Several employees have filed complaints however rather than listen to the complaints the HR department tries to make excuses for what the 2 managers are doing. The few employees that have gotten out have talked about how much better it is in other areas of the company.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees concerns. Concerns in Recovery has been brought up by several people. The employees get bullied and intimidated that will prevent the employees from changing departments. Forcing the employees to either quit or get fired.