Hyundai Glovis Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Hyundai Glovis Vice President & COO Glenn Clift
Glenn Clift

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The benefits are great and the shutdown period annually is unparalleled" (in 6 reviews)

• "Very good benefits, can sell back unused vacation time, for the most part peers are all great to work with" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "long hours,work nearly every weekend,insurance is very expensive" (in 5 reviews)

• "very poor management and no appreciation" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Team Member"

I have been working at Hyundai Glovis full-time

Pros

Great Pay, benefits and vacation time.

Cons

No complaints, great place to work! Normal workplace drama and gossip.

2. "Senior Analyst"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Hyundai Glovis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good health insurance and 401K matching

Cons

Pay is lower than national average.

3. "long hours,little pay,expensive insurance."

I worked at Hyundai Glovis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

they will hire you right away.

Cons

long hours,work nearly every weekend,insurance is very expensive.

"We Ship Cars"

I have been working at Hyundai Glovis full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits, Locations, Pay, Challenging work.

Cons

Considerable amount of data to track

Advice to Management

I’ve been working for GLOVIS for several years. I started at a lower level position and have a fairly remarkable success story with regards to advancements and promotions. When I read some of the negative comments I’m surprised at how vitriolic people can be after leaving the company. I don’t believe it’s fair to judge a company by the people who leave and decide to trash the company because they were terminated or feel somehow slighted.
    I’ve had the benefit of sharing a positive association with management, HR and day to day staff. I’ve learned how to speak a little Korean and find the culture and work ethic fascinating. Logistics is not for the faint of heart. Every position is challenging and demanding, the deadlines looming and you will find multiple fires to put out simultaneously. Few people are cut out for that type of pressure.
    My experience is that if you take accountability for your area of concern and effectively deploy next best steps then you will have an enduring career here. I think people often confuse longevity or seniority for expertise. Some disgruntled employees ignore the reality that they could work in a field for 10 years but that doesn’t mean they were handling their position with any degree of functionality—it could be that they were happily skating under the radar for extended periods of time until they were exposed. I have experienced people who harness a sense of privilege based solely on their longevity; ignoring their own inability to effect change. They choose to scapegoat management rather than face their own inadequacies.
    My experience with GLOVIS Executive Management and our HR department is one of working alongside departments and individuals (CEO/Coordinators/ National Managers/Field Managers down to the remarkable union members performing day to day processing etc.) dedicated to the success of its customers and employees. It continues to be a pleasure to work here. We ship cars and we do it well.

"National manager overseeing multiple departments and staff."

Former Employee - National Manager in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - National Manager in Irvine, CA

I worked at Hyundai Glovis full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Can’t thinks of many pros for this company other than you may meet some great people in the industry. They are usually working for other companies.

Cons

Where to start: grossly unsupportive middle and upper management. Zero mentor ship to entry level; extremely benign to seasoned staff. American management starting with CEO on down only concerned with keeping fat, easy positions (would sell their family’s soul to keep jobs). Korean management dictates illogical and unrealistic demands. Very biased company.

Advice to Management

Admit you have lowered your professional ethics to such a level that you are actually hurting others while maintaining status quo for company so QUIT! Finds your ethics and what does count and see if you can redeem some sense of humanity

6. "Solid Benefits"

Former Employee - Manager in Montgomery, AL
    Former Employee - Manager in Montgomery, AL

I worked at Hyundai Glovis full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The benefits are great and the shutdown period annually is unparalleled

Cons

The 24x7 calls are a nightmare and they tend to lock in salaries for years without adjusting the starting range

"LOW PAY Negative work environment Poor management This place needs a union"

Current Employee - Final Inspection in West Point, GA
    Current Employee - Final Inspection in West Point, GA

I have been working at Hyundai Glovis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

co workers are great

Cons

LOW PAY you work along side of the Kia employees who make at least twice the money . Consistently letting you know your job is on line . Temp employees are told at hire 90 til hired on LIES it's been over a year for most of them . The employees are told that you will be off then after you make plans for the Extended time off ( No pay ) then they will let you know at the last minute that yeah you will be off all week but Saturday is Mandatory . They throw in a mandatory day just so you can't collect unemployment .Their hiring process seems to be to hire younger , fresh out of high school people so they will accept LOW pay and be submissive . I really can't believe the unfair treatment.... it is overwhelming that this company can and does treat their employees so unfair .Be prepared for management that is on a power trip. Brace yourself as reprimanding employees is a daily event .

Advice to Management

#1 PAY your employees fair wages . #2 TREAT your employees respectfully -we are all humans- learn the meaning of empathy is , Management should guide employees to be the best they can be NOT make them submissive . CEO needs to come by a do a surprise visit and speak with employees and find out really what's happening there on a daily basis

"Human Resources Manager"

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager
    Former Employee - Human Resources Manager

I worked at Hyundai Glovis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work and develop.

Cons

I do not have anything negative to say about the organization.

Advice to Management

NA

9. "Great company"

I worked at Hyundai Glovis full-time

Pros

Great benefits and time off for holidays

Cons

Long hours and some 6 day weeks

10. "Forklift operator"

Former Employee - Alabama in Montgomery, AL
    Former Employee - Alabama in Montgomery, AL

I worked at Hyundai Glovis full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Better place and great environment

Cons

Could always make room for improvement

Advice to Management

Continue the good work