Found 212 of over 246 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Promotions are far and few in between, management are completely oblivious to their team day to day yet expect everyone to meet objectives that are beyond the resources provided." (in 15 reviews)
- "long hours and sort supply on vehicles" (in 9 reviews)
- "Another manager was trying to poorly explain a simple time sheet to me and since we were remote, there was a learning curve." (in 5 reviews)
- "Salaries are low, many people are there because they need a job." (in 5 reviews)
- "Culture and work life balance (depending on the department) needs improving" (in 5 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Hyundai Motor America and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEWJan 30, 2023EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearFountain Valley, CA
I just love and enjoy the people I work with, and around, here at HMA. I am pleasantly surprised how flexible the company is in regards to the hybrid work schedule. Normally, when we think of Korean companies, we tend to hear about how strict, and rigid, the rules can be. But no, HMA really go above and beyond in accommodating to each employee's situation.
Just from my personal experience, my salary tends to be on lower end of the band. Of course, I was only able to get what I was able to negotiate.
- 5.0Jul 11, 2023Assistant ManagerFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsMontgomery, AL
Good work environment Well organized work process Nice people Great benefits
Too much politics Some of lazy people
- 4.0Aug 27, 2023Credit AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsPlano, TX
The company cares, they continue to strive to build and maintain employees satisfaction.
Hours rotate weekly, can make it slightly difficult for work/life balance.
- 3.0Jul 31, 2023Electrical EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Good experience, not a long term career.
I would not work here long term. Takes to long to move up in the company.
- 4.0Jun 14, 2023Financial AnalystFormer EmployeeFountain Valley, CA
good salary, benefit, and hybrid working environment
Poor management team and not collaborating well sometimes.
- 3.0Feb 22, 2023General ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsSaint Charles, MO
The brand is growing and expanding quickly. The product is hot.
Serious organization issues. Can’t figure out transportation of their vehicles to the dealer. Cannot resolve quality issues with their manufacturing to ensure less recalls. Lacking support on auto theft issues. Corporate structure is spread way too thin, especially for the amount of issues that the company has. The reps in the field are helpless and have almost 0 ability to help in any capacity. Their communication channels with their financial arm are laughable. Their technician support is extremely inconsistent.1
- 5.0Apr 23, 2023Senior District ManagerFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsDallas, TX
Very family-oriented, flexible. Good benefits for families.
Field positions have considerable overnight travel1
- 5.0Apr 11, 2023Safety SpecialistFormer Employee, more than 1 yearMontgomery, AL
Great Company to work for, the pay is good, and the benefits are great!
No cons that I can think of
Hyundai Motor America Reviews FAQs
Hyundai Motor America has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 246 reviews left anonymously by employees. 67% of employees would recommend working at Hyundai Motor America to a friend and 74% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 8% over the last 12 months.
67% of Hyundai Motor America employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Hyundai Motor America 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.