I.B. Goodman Company Reviews | Glassdoor

I.B. Goodman Company Reviews

3.6
Jonathan Goodman Cohen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good Company to work for"

Pros

I work at IB Goodman for 15 years, and I've had the opportunity to grow and advance in my career. IB Goodman is one of the most well-known and respected companies in the global jewelry industry. The work environment is very professional, and everyone is very friendly. Management is open-minded to new initiatives and respects all employees. IB Goodman provides personal, professional development, which will assistant any individual in building their future career.

Cons

Not flexible vacation time. Almost all business has gone to vacation together at the same time.

Advice to Management

Based on some of the reviews below, you are not always satisfied with hiring good employees. But from my 15 years experience, real good people staying with IBG for a long time.
    You need to be more careful to hire new people and be sure they are higher level and honest.

2. "Close workspace."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at I.B. Goodman Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is a Good stepping stone company. You will learn a lot more about the industry than you might have signed up for.

Cons

It is a very Small company. Owner operated. There is absolutely No growth potential within the company. Very small minded.

Advice to Management

Learn to encourage your employees and appreciate them.

3. "BAD PEOPLE"

Pros

Small company, located above a bar so you can get drinks after work

Cons

They do sketchy business and the owner is a self obsessed jerk who looks over everyones shoulders (Jonathan Goodman Cohen). The company is located above a bar and you must park in the liquor store parking lot (Im dead serious haha)

Advice to Management

Be professional

I.B. Goodman Company Response

Aug 10, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for your comments. Situated in the heart of an historic riverside entertainment district, our employees enjoy a vibrant community. Parking in this kind of neighborhood is limited; however... More

"My experience at I.B. Goodman has been positive and filled with growth."

Pros

I.B. Goodman is a smaller company so all its employees play a key role. I.B. Goodman fosters teamwork. The management team has an open door policy and welcome ideas for growth and process improvement. I have been with the company 17 years and I consider all my coworkers family. We are a diverse group of individuals but respect others background and culture. I. B. Goodman has made good business decisions which has kept them in business for over 70 years and they continue to grow and evolve.

Cons

I.B. Goodman often has more work than resources to get it done in a timely manner. Sometimes the employees feel underappreciated.

Advice to Management

Don't dismiss the professional opinion of the longer tenured employees. In order to evoke sustained change, then one should understand the current process.

"Feels Like Home"

Former Employee - Marketing Director in Newport, KY
    Former Employee - Marketing Director in Newport, KY

I worked at I.B. Goodman Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I.B. Goodman has an incredible staff who is extremely knowledgeable and always willing to help. I relocated to Cincinnati for this role and my co-workers truly became my second family - they supported me both professionally and personally.

I was given strong guidance but also a lot of autonomy to grow in the role. I was encouraged to create customer relationships, to always be creative and resourceful. The company is smaller but doing BIG things which exposed me to a lot of different facets of the business. There is a lot of opportunity for growth at IBG. The only reason I left I.B. Goodman was because my husband received an opportunity out West. I made lasting friendships there and still remain in close contact with many of my co-workers.

Cons

I.B. Goodman is a 75 year old company which means they are sometimes a bit slower to change and evolve. However, leadership does take suggestions very well and is always looking for feedback. Because the company is a bit smaller, there is a bit of pettiness that needs to be overcome but, overall, everyone is supportive and encouraging. There really is a focus on the future and making sure that everyone is properly respected and taken care of.

Advice to Management

Be more open. There are many people at the company that are very experienced and have a lot of great, well thought out ideas. I would suggest creating more space and opportunity for them to voice those thoughts. You may have someone amongst you with the next big thing to put IBG on the map.

"I have the opportunity and support to contribute to a fine company built on three generations of family ownership."

Pros

The company has an excellent reputation. The company is like a family and everyone is committed. I've been able to experience allaspects of business and allover the world. As a company, we determine our own commercial destiny.

Cons

Sometimes the company is too slow to implement new initiatives. Resources, human and financial, have limitations.

Advice to Management

Hire the absolute best talent possible and give them a clear mission.