I Supply Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Management"

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

I have been working at I Supply full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great atmosphere and great co workers

Cons

Be open to new ideas

2. "You’re not likely to be happy here."

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at I Supply full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lost some weight working here. Store products are available at wholesale prices.

Cons

High employee turnover means never getting a day off without being called to cover a shift because someone quit or called out. Little to no information about unfamiliar routes(where to park, especially when the place you’re delivering to is inside of a large shopping mall) should you choose to cover one for them. Low pay for a job that is physically demanding and potentially dangerous, wages are barely competitive with a job that only involves driving. Upper management is constantly changing or is unreachable by phone, will tell you what you want to hear if you have ideas to make things better and then do nothing. Routes sometimes require you to violate hours of service just to make it home when you’re supposed to. Constant warehouse mistakes put you in awkward situations with customers, listening to every store tell you just how inept your co-workers are. Call in bonuses are frequently left off checks where you have to hunt someone down to fix it. Component pay(mileage + pieces unloaded) is VERY company-friendly and rips drivers off big time.

Advice to Management

Make wages competitive and maybe drivers would want to stay. Drivers should have someone helping them unload. Hold the warehouse accountable for their mistakes.

3. "Driver"

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Fairborn, OH
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Fairborn, OH

I worked at I Supply full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Can't afford to loose you so you can get away with a lot

Cons

Very dangerous job, you have to run a couple hundred pounds of product through narrow walk ways that are greasy and dirty, very physically demanding for low pay, your just a number and the health care ha you might as well not even bother to sign up. Lastly I lost a chunk of my leg working for this company trying to keep up with a cocky trainer if you do decide to work here take your time these guys aren't going to pay your bills when your off work hurt and they'll expect you to still be at work every day doing menial tasks I had a hole in my leg from sliding down a ramp and they had me walking in front of fork lifts holding straps out of the way needless to say your well being isn't a priority

Advice to Management

Pull your heads out of your butt and start looking into things like training, send guys out on multiple routes not the same ones over and over if I trained in Indiana and you give me a route in Michigan I'll be S. O. L.

4. "Experience gets you having to do everyone else's job. Having to bail out other shifts because they are lazy."

Current Employee - Warehouse in Fairborn, OH
    Current Employee - Warehouse in Fairborn, OH

I have been working at I Supply full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Job security. They can't afford to lose you. I really think of any other positive things to say about this place.

Cons

Constant change in rules, pay, and standards. Benefits are terrible. Having to do other co-workers jobs to get the day finished.

Advice to Management

Stop running your good workers away.

5. "Not recommended - keep looking!"

Former Employee - Truck Driver CDL-A in Kalamazoo, MI
    Former Employee - Truck Driver CDL-A in Kalamazoo, MI

Pros

First month or so is good, if you get a good trainer. They do pay for a hotel stay on overnight routes. Health Insurance, Dental & Vision available. Direct deposit.

Cons

Communication within this company is TERRIBLE. If you are scheduled to have a helper on your route, they will take your trainee/helper off your route and not even notify you. This means you get to unload almost 40,000 lbs of product yourself with a beat up hand cart. Equipment is not always up to par. Broken trailer equipment, broken ramps, trailer abs lights on, dried up and torn wiper blades that don't work well, etc. You have to beg for winter blades. Good luck in the winter...blizzard or not, they hand you a bag of salt and a snow shovel and send you on your way regardless of weather conditions. They will work you like a dog, you will be expected to do more that you are capable of and will constantly run out of hours. E-logs are terrible, and you can spent up to 45 minutes in the yard just trying to log in. Paychecks are constantly messed up, then it's your job to provide the missing information. Most of the stores you deliver to are filthy. They don't mop or sweep or even take the trash out. Parking lots are like an obstacle course, garbage everywhere to trip/slip on while you maneuver 500+ lbs of product through the parking lot and into the restaurant. Beware of all the grease from their fryers on the ground outside the delivery door and all over inside the kitchen. I can't count how many times I fell down. No PTO or Vacation time until you are there for a year.

Advice to Management

All routes should be two person routes when there are so many pieces. Treat your employees better and they might stick around more than 6 months. Keep equipment up to date and safe.

6. "Badly Managed, Owners Don't care about employees"

Former Employee - Human Resources in Fairborn, OH
    Former Employee - Human Resources in Fairborn, OH

I worked at I Supply full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You may be one they like when you get hired. Do your work get a paycheck don't expect anything else.

Cons

Management can not be trusted most are operating from the stone age mentality. They as a company are very Racist, do not pay women equal wages, and often lie to employees.

Advice to Management

Being hit in the pockets, will probably be the only thing that will wake upper management up at this point.

7. "Customer service"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fairborn, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fairborn, OH

Pros

I cannot see any pros

Cons

Manger favoritism, gossip. No formal systems training. manager could care less about any concerns you may have. Dept high turnaround.

Advice to Management

Work with your associates and provide some kind of feedback on performance. Stop gossiping with favorite employees about others.

8. "ISUPPLY"

Former Employee - No Comment
    Former Employee - No Comment

Pros

Good group of hourly associates-hard workers

Cons

Poor management- need to be professional and treat people as you would want to be treated.

Advice to Management

Learn how to treat associates.

9. "How about one word, horrible"

I worked at I Supply full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Can't think of any, unless you want to take anxiety medicine for the rest of your life and like having high blood pressure.

Cons

management is dishonest and misleading about the company's potential, vision, working environment, open door policy and the ability to speak openly.

Advice to Management

Stop putting so much stock in gossip and rumors about employees when it comes from your favorites

"Driver"

Pros

Good equipement as far as the trucks we drove

Cons

No help with routes, and you unload the truck by yourself

Advice to Management

All routes should be two man