IAC Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 19, 2017

5.0
Joey Levin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good Work Life Balance, Good Perks (in 19 reviews)

• Fun work environment, busy office, smart and creative colleagues (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • in addition, there continues to be a huge lack of communication between different teams (in 6 reviews)

• Not a lot of room for growth; senior management is out of touch with the office; promotions are based on favoritism; compensation is not competitive (in 8 reviews)

1. "IAC Applications Product Team Member"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at IAC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Smart people.
    Fancy schmancy offices in Chelsea and Yonkers.
    Perks (summer Fridays, unlimited time off, diversity/inclusion projects, tuition reimbursement, etc, etc).
    The biggest pro is that you can learn about and run A/B tests, work with good data analysts.
    Not really a cut-throat culture, pretty much everybody is committed to doing their best and wants to make the products better.
    I’ve worked at other medium-sized software companies and this one’s the most stable/sane.

Cons

Product is not exactly “sexy” but the the process and transparency issues have improved noticeably in the last year and teams are now open to using the latest tools and methods that they weren't before.

"To the trolls..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Yonkers, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Yonkers, NY

I have been working at IAC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great perks.
    Smart people.
    Lots of investment in people.
    You'll learn a lot about direct marketing.
    You'll sharpen your analytical skills.

Cons

Dining options in Yonkers are limited.

Advice to Management

This is more a response to the trolls who claim to be current employees but are so extremely critical of the company. I'm a current employee, and I'm NOT being asked by management or HR or anyone to write this. You'll just have to take my word for that. This is not a propaganda post, this is my opinion and my opinion only. I'm just sick of people complaining about a company which I think is far, far better than many of these reviews give it credit for.

Is life here perfect? No. There are flaws for sure. But on balance it's a great place to work, and it's a company which genuinely cares about its people, and which - if you have the right attitude - will teach you skills which are really hard to find elsewhere.

So to the author of the "Run, run away" review below (and others like it), I have a question... if you genuinely hate it so much, and it if really is THAT bad (which it isn't, it's good), why don't you get some self-respect and just quit? Stop undermining the work of your colleagues, many of whom have been here a long time and really care about what they do. People up and down the company are constantly trying to improve things from many angles, and it's sad that you are unable to recognize that.

Product quality is slowly but surely going in the right direction. Management seem to be trying to be a lot more transparent. I agree it's not always perfect, but it's way better than other places I've worked at. Ditto recognition... there's an effort to give people the recognition they deserve.

Seriously, many other jobs are available, so if there are genuinely no positives about this company, I'm just surprised you are still here.

Either that, or you are pimping out the best years of your life for some free snacks and summer Fridays... and if that is the case, then you may want to have a long hard think about what your long-term priorities really are. I wish you luck.

"IAC Applications: Great company!"

I have been working at IAC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

IAC Apps is constantly reinventing itself to stay ahead of changing times. This definitely creates a stressful workplace at times, but it also keeps skills sharp and our job market value high. Products are good, people are smart/nice, benefits are great. And free candy bars and cookies on every floor. Never boring, days typically fly by...

Cons

Similar to other internet companies, IAC Apps has no resistance to shutting down weak divisions and eliminating under-utilized teams so you need to stay alert at all times.

Advice to Management

Keep the staff better updated on big picture strategy shifts and company performance. Increase bonus pool payouts for non-executive staff.

4. "Good"

Former Employee - Dispatch Driver in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Dispatch Driver in New York, NY

I worked at IAC (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good group of people in there
    Well run but very busy clean work place
    People want to help you out there

Cons

Very busy full on pushed to the max truck's out of date and all ways breaking down management don't have a clue

5. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Senior Online Sales Consultant in Union City, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Online Sales Consultant in Union City, NJ

I have been working at IAC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company that offers opportunity to learn and develop career sales skills. Great benefits and perks that most companies do not offer.

Cons

Very large corporation that does not offer opportunity for growth and promotion. Not a career oriented corporate atmosphere.

Advice to Management

Provide more opportunity for growth and development. More promotion within the company. More incentive to stay with company.

6. "Product management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at IAC (Less than a year)

Pros

Great working hours, great people

Cons

Was an intern and could have been doing more meaningful work

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

7. "Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at IAC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Cool office space, collaborative environment, employee perks were great, high matching gift limits, expansive snack offering

Cons

Office was getting cramped, limited internal advancement opportunities.

8. "Great Company to Work At"

Former Intern - IT Intern in Plymouth, MI
    Former Intern - IT Intern in Plymouth, MI

I worked at IAC as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Good culture that doesn't blame individuals for mistakes, Half Day Fridays in the summer, and

Cons

The work is slow and you'll get a lot of downtime. This is good for older guys, but you don't learn a whole lot as a fresh intern.

9. "Great workplace!"

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Oakland, CA

I have been working at IAC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

APN offers great challenges because of the fast-paced environment but without unreasonable pressure from peers nor management. People really work as a team and do their best to deliver great solutions to partners and end users.

Cons

Cynism often creeps up in discussions and can cause demotivation among employees. Upper management could do better at keeping people in the loop and presenting meaningful ideas.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent and encouraging.

10. "Awesome company! Excellent Sr. Chairman of the Board/CEO! Amazing businessman and great leader. Great company!"

Former Employee - Corporate Flight Attendant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Corporate Flight Attendant in New York, NY

Pros

Great benefits, fun people, endless opportunities, strong company, excellent leadership and great place to work.

Cons

usual corporate gossip, long hours at times,

Advice to Management

It would be good to have strong quality back up and subs for positions that are a one man job.