IAP - Government Services Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Thomas G. Banks

1. "Quasi military operation, highest level of delivery, unstoppable customer service driven driven unit"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at IAP - Government Services Group (More than 3 years)

Pros

integrity, quality and customer satisfaction are our hallmarks. As a full service construction management, design/build, and general contracting firm, our focus is to provide the highest level of quality in every facet of our services while offering a greater scope of projects by utilizing our small business certifications.

Cons

We have years of established experience with governmental and commercial projects and apply our expertise and the diversity of our certifications to exceed the quality of services provided by other government contracting firms.

2. "Project"

I worked at IAP - Government Services Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I read all the good and bad reviews of this place ............. so which is it? It's a little of both.
    It is a legitimate company. There is drama, but also it has potential.
    Company awarded major contract with State of Ohio to oversee projects. The Federal project division is solid. Right now major start up issues with State of Ohio program. If and when they work out the bugs....... should be a good opportunity.
    If you are in-between jobs and/or need a job................ apply......... good place to gain experience........... If you are in a job you like ........ don't jump to this one just for a change.

Cons

Business is owned by two proprietors... both onsite..... which can make it intense......... biggest
    downfall most employees have been there less than a year........... assignment of specific job duties isn't always clear............

Advice to Management

This job came around when I really needed it............... thank you for the opportunity and the decent pay.... it helped my family

IAP - Government Services Group Response

Nov 5, 2015 – Vice President

While we have been working out the bugs in our new contract, we have instituted solid policies, procedures and roles assignments for each position. Had you stayed just a little bit longer you would ... More

"Short Term employment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Pros

Not many, was not included in a lot of things. Ended up being there just about a month due to the managements not understanding what it takes to develop new software and get it working.

Cons

Camera through the entire office, so the Owner could see if you were working or not and would call to the desk and tell you to get to work. Wanted everything now. Many quirks in the office

Advice to Management

Let the people do their job in the time it takes and understand what it takes to do the job

IAP - Government Services Group Response

Nov 5, 2015 – Vice President

Thank you for your comments. I agree it takes time to to understand what needs to be done on the job and to get into the rhythm of a new job. I am sorry you did not work out.

5. "Don't Waste Your Time"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at IAP - Government Services Group (Less than a year)

Pros

NONE-except maybe this place is better than fast food or Walmart.

Cons

The owner doesn't know how to be financially responsible. Look up the lawsuits with him and the business.

Advice to Management

GIVE UP AND GO ELSE WHERE TO WORK.

6. ""Best Place to Work "-..........just need to put your 100% dedictaion."

Current Employee - Project Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at IAP - Government Services Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I would highly recommend IAP, a very Professional Company to work. Their staff and management teams are top notch. The work is quality, and there is attention to detail . From the very first meeting to the last follow up, we always felt informed of what was happening with our project and were comfortable discussing any questions. Everyone is friendly and enjoyable.

Cons

Can't really think of any cons.......You have to be able to do Multi Tasking most of the times.......which I enjoy a lot .

Advice to Management

No advice required as they are Always cordial and willing to help coworkers and clients.Flexible with work hours. Enthusiastic, energetic and displays positive behavior.I feel like my second Home as they treat us like a family member.

7. "Review of IAP Government Services Group"

Current Employee - Controller in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Controller in Columbus, OH

I have been working at IAP - Government Services Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent potential for growth from a business perspective. Many business opportunities due to company's prior track record and the owner's government connections. Professional atmosphere of company offices and working conditions.

Cons

Lack of understanding of all the capabilities of the Sage software programs.

Advice to Management

More training needs to become available for full utilization of the Sage software.

8. "IAP is a progressive, driven company that demands the best and gives the best to its employees."

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Columbus, OH

I worked at IAP - Government Services Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at IAP was a dream come true. i was able to create and follow through with marketing plans as well as help in other aspects of the company.

Cons

The only con I can think of is that when we had lunch or breakfast as a family, we didn't have Captain Crunch cereal.

Advice to Management

They are the BEST Management team whom I have ever worked with .

9. "Family friendly work environment. Great place to work."

Current Employee - Accounting Supervisor in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Accounting Supervisor in Columbus, OH

I have been working at IAP - Government Services Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work, very family friendly. I even brought my child to work me with. Lots of talent and passion. I left a good job to work here because I beleive in their values and passion. This is more than a job, it is a career that I truly enjoy. I went from dreading going to work, to enjoying my job again.

Cons

The drive, i live outside of Columbus and have to fight rush hour traffic.

Advice to Management

Keep brining the jobs! Keep the passion and the talent coming.

"Google the Leadership, it says it all"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at IAP - Government Services Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are employees with real talent that have passed through the doors.

Cons

No trust of employees, this company is bad news and will go no where
    Leadership knows very little about the business
    A revolving door for employees (especially PA's), interviews are full of lies and empty promises
    No integrity, proud of the fact the company undercuts market salary rates
    No bonuses will ever be paid regardless of promise
    Would rather lie and cheat above all else
    Work environment is hostile
    Do your homework on this company

Advice to Management

Stay home and let someone else run your company, you will be better off.

"A pass-through organization that real companies use for certifications on Federal Contracts"

I worked at IAP - Government Services Group full-time

Pros

They present and sell themselves well, be careful.

Cons

Abusive environment for women. No leadership, complete delusions of grandeur from management. Paychecks bounce, benefits are bad. Finger-pointing and creation of drama is the executive suite's number one past-time.

Advice to Management

Look up humility and narcissism in the dictionary.