IBC Bank Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
IBC Bank President & CEO Dennis E. Nixon
Dennis E. Nixon

Pros
Cons
  • Very low pay, most of money is earned from their point system (in 34 reviews)

• There is a high turnover rate due to low entry level pay (in 25 reviews)

1. "Branch Manager"

Current Employee - Branch Sales Manager in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Branch Sales Manager in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at IBC Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun environment and the buildings look nice

Cons

Low pay compared to other banks, unreasonable sales goals, high turnover, and multiple redundant reports and procedures

Advice to Management

If you want to keep your top people pay them a fair market wage, also eliminate all of the paperwork to accomplish even the most simplistic task . It is ridiculous to pull a form , sign a form, fax that form to somebody else who then needs to print the form , sign the form, then send that form to another department to change a phone number.

The current CEO has been here for 50+ years and still runs the bank like it is 1967, the bank needs to get with current times

2. "A home away from home... but not really"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at IBC Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the people I work with and get along with everyone here, for the most part.

Cons

Where do I begin... First of all, I was lied to upon being hired. I was told that every 3 to 4 months, I would receive a raise. When I asked around about it, fellow employees laughed at that. No one ever gets a raise here, unless you get some major promotion or unless you beg for it.

I also feel that certain employees are definitely favored over others. Certain employees will get promotions and raises left and right, while others are stuck doing the same thing for 13 years. And when people leave, there's just a bunch of cross-training. They don't want to replace anyone anymore.

Advice to Management

GIVE EVERYONE A RAISE AND ACTUALLY CARE MORE ABOUT THE COMMUNITY YOU WORK IN

3. "Pays the bills"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broken Arrow, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broken Arrow, OK

I worked at IBC Bank part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's pretty easy, training is a breeze, co workers are decent. It's a good "first job" to get your foot in the door of banking.

Cons

The pay is terrible compared to any other bank. For the amount of work and advertising they ask you to do the pay is a joke. They ask you to go out every day and walk into businesses and pass out flyers and cards to get people to come into the bank. I've never had someone open an account from prospecting. You have to go to at least 5 places a day in your area so a lot of the visits we make are repeat. So businesses get annoyed. Your sales also depend a lot on what the customer does so it's out of your control. If the customers account falls below 10 bucks you don't get to count that sale. If they use their debit card less than 3 times you don't get to count that sale. After my manager quit she told me she only made $120 a check more than me (I'm still new, haven't even gotten off probation so I haven't had my 20 cent raise yet) and she was here for like 3+ years.

Advice to Management

Raise the pay or lower your expectations

4. "Great people Lousy Pay"

Current Employee - Universal Teller in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Universal Teller in Austin, TX

I have been working at IBC Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

the pros are
    set schedule, close to home,great customers and co workers, never the same thing, no nights or weekends, depending on the manager you have some flexibility in your hours,

Cons

The cons are
    horrible pay and the raises are ONLY based on sales and getting accounts, No matter, new people with little to no training are a constant problem, no support from the main office,

Advice to Management

speaking to the president and CEO of IBC: You need to get rid of the teller requirement of needing 4 accounts. You always say that the tellers are the face of IBC . Well prove it!! pay them more than $9.80 an hour, treat them with the respect they deserve, give them the power to do their jobs without having to go an approval for anything over $500, pay them for the jobs they take on, and get some better uniforms and not polos either!!

5. "Universal Bank Teller"

Current Employee - Universal Teller I in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Universal Teller I in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at IBC Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Two weeks paid vacation, one week vacation after 90 days of probation, off holidays with pay, no night shifts required, off Sundays

Cons

Low pay rate, slow training process, rarely overtime given, very little room to grow, on the job training is extremely pointless as you do not have a drawer and no one really shows you step by step to prepare you.

Advice to Management

Consider raising pay and turnover rate would more than likely decrease.

6. "Misleading"

I have been working at IBC Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Experience for entry level banking

Cons

Your job will be consistantly on the line if you do not meet your individual sales goals. Many people end up opening crazy accounts for their families. The turn over rate is so high that it is not wise to bank here. Many people go in and out, therefore my integrity was challenged and I did not want to sell accounts that could be compromised every day.

Advice to Management

Get rid of sales goals until you have a steady flow of customers and focus more on customer service

7. "Get your foot into Banking"

I have been working at IBC Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have an extensive training program that prepares you for your job duties.

Cons

They are inflexible about scheduling.

Advice to Management

A little bit of flexibility and empowerment would go a long way in keeping employee overturn down.

8. "ATM Technician"

Current Employee - ATM Technician in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - ATM Technician in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at IBC Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, good benefits and has school reimbursement program.

Cons

Have to work weekends. Also have to rotate working a late night shift.

"Assistant Teller Supervisor"

Current Employee - Assistant Teller Supervisor in Brownsville, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Teller Supervisor in Brownsville, TX

I have been working at IBC Bank full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

2 Weeks paid time off
    Yearly Bonus
    Credit card incentives very rewarding
    Nice work and life balance (Depending on Location)

Cons

To much is expected from tellers and the pay is not up to par with the work.
    Several locations in my area means a lot of movement usually every year.
    IBC spoils their customers and will allow them to step all over you if they have money!
    In-store locations have nasty hours 9am-8pm M-S Sun: 12pm-5 and only off Easter, Christmas and Thanksgiving while traditional branches enjoy every other federal holiday.

OH AND ONE MORE THING GET READY FOR DENNIS NIXON'S BONUS SPEECH IT'S EXTREMELY BORING SO TAKE ENOUGH COFFEE!

Advice to Management

I was lucky enough to work with great management and really don't have nothing bad to say from the teller side of things. Just really don't like the bank officer approval process since they have very close relationships with their clients they break all the rules they train us to enforce for them while they treat the normal customer differently. I personally feel that's very wrong.

10. "Avoid at all Costs"

Former Employee - Teller in Schertz, TX
    Former Employee - Teller in Schertz, TX

I worked at IBC Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good activities for workers to get together. Such as volunteering at events.

Cons

You are required to open a certain amount of accounts per month and your job depends on it. Imagine working at a bank that no one goes to to begin with, and you have to somehow get accounts to come to you. They SOLICIT businesses. If you went a minute over 40 hours you were required to have your time edited in order to not get rewarded overtime. The pay is absolutely awful. Seven day bank but you will NEVER see any of the higher ups working seven days a week.

Advice to Management

Management was never really the issue. They were as tired as all of us.