IBC Bank Reviews | Glassdoor

IBC Bank President & CEO Dennis E. Nixon
Dennis E. Nixon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Low pay for what you have to put up with (in 40 reviews)

• There is a high turnover rate due to low entry level pay (in 27 reviews)

1. "Friendly place"

Former Employee - Bank Teller in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Bank Teller in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at IBC Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Loved my coworkers and bank office

Cons

The pay could have been better

2. "Everything they tell you is a LIE"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at IBC Bank part-time (More than a year)

Pros

They fed me during training

Cons

VERY low pay. Tellers start at $8.70 per hour and sales at $10.56 and it is non-negotiable no matter what your management experience, sales experience, degree, or whatever is. They do not care. They tell you that you can have a career and move up there and give you “examples”of that happening. What they fail to mention is that they changed all the rules starting in 2018. The new rules state that nobody can go full time until after their 90 day probation is over AND they have been in performance for one month. Then you can ask to get full time hours. Then, if you perform for at least 6 consecutive months and if there is an open position at your branch, and if the higher ups care for you, you might get promoted. This never happens, though, because there are an astounding number of branches that don’t even have managers and tons of hard workers dying to promote. They could not care less. Tellers can get quarterly raises of 30 cents if they get a certain number of accounts opened per month but there is a cap on how high they can go. Sales associates get no raises whatsoever. Their goal/point system is absolutely horrendous and unattainable. There are 9+ branch/personal goals that are required to perform. You have to drive from business to business soliciting and begging for accounts and it’s pathetic. People do not want to open up accounts with us because we are a terrible bank and it’s pretty obvious. Everything that they teach you in training is a lie, and the higher ups have a horrifying problem with gossip and bad mouthing their employees. When people try to quit, they tell them that it’s about to get better, and it never does. This is not the only bank that will hire you without experience, and i highly recommend going somewhere else. I have never seen a bank pay so low especially for what they require of their employees. You will also have to travel about 1/3 of the time you work for the bank, going to branches that are not yours and that are ridiculously far at times because they do not know how to staff properly. This means that you cannot get your own branch goals worked on because you are away. The schedules for all employees in the entire state of Oklahoma and the Dallas area are made by one person which causes a lot of issues and we get our schedules the Friday before the next week begins, usually, so you really can’t plan anything in your life either. There is nothing about this company that is worth it. Technology and policies are very old and they have no desire to change.

Advice to Management

The management and higher ups are not open to suggestions as I have already tried.

3. "Awful Experience"

Former Employee - Anti-Money Laundering Analyst in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Anti-Money Laundering Analyst in San Antonio, TX

I worked at IBC Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not much besides my manager who tried unsuccessfully to make things better.

Cons

I was constantly ignored by coworkers when trying to socialize or ask for help and even had a door slammed in my face twice by coworkers. My coworkers would purposely leave me out of group events when they could get away with it and I could hear them saying nasty things about me when they thought I was listening to music in my headphones. I cried once when I didn't get some of the extra food left over from a management meeting because I was having trouble affording food regularly and the next day when there was food left over a coworker brought some over telling me she didn't want me to cry in front of everyone again very loudly. At one point I was leading a trivia activity to bring everyone closer together but my coworkers started to refuse to go because I was leading it. So I started missing a lot of work because of the bullying. It was difficult to get out of bed in the morning and sometimes I didn't make it to work at all. After a while I found out form a coworker that I was fired so I didn't go back. Didn't even get to find out from my boss...
    Also the CEO asked everyone to call their state reps and ask them to vote in favor of the Tax Bill. I'm fairly sure this is illegal for a publicly traded company. He also called Millennials lazy inattentive pot heads in front of everyone after we had a successful year.
    The copay to see a Dr is $50 and if you miss a Friday or Monday without a Dr note they consider it as you quitting.

Advice to Management

Train employees on how to not be bullies, and enact consequences for their behavior instead of doing nothing about it.

4. "Teller"

Former Employee - Teller in Dickinson, TX
    Former Employee - Teller in Dickinson, TX

I worked at IBC Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great co wokers few friendly customers

Cons

Too many rules too little pay

"Teller"

Former Employee - Part Time Teller in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Part Time Teller in San Antonio, TX

I worked at IBC Bank part-time (More than a year)

Pros

relatively easy
    paid training that lasts a few weeks

Cons

worst paying bank in san antonio
    unorganized management
    unnecessary policies
    understaffed

Advice to Management

Pay your tellers more. Your tellers are handling your “valued” customers money, and you start them at 8.60 an hour? I made more money making salads. Y’all can keep telling yourselves that people leave the job over other reasons, but everyone who works there know the pay is subpar. That’s why the turnover rate is so high.

6. "Worst upper management.,worst job experience"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at IBC Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are no pros to this job at this bank. They really need to evaluate themselves as a bank and make sure they change this around before the bank goes out of business and they keep on shutting down branches.

Cons

Upper management needs to be replaced. Even the area managers micro manage. Expect the employee to pay out of their own pocket for on gas to go drive around for marketing and getting accounting accounts.there are no benefits either

Advice to Management

Let someone else manage the bank or atleast give more people opportunities if they are working hard and pay accordingly

7. "Mortgage"

I worked at IBC Bank full-time

Pros

My overall experience with IBC was favorable. I loved my manager and team.

Cons

Micro manged to the fullest.

8. "Ready to leave !"

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Austin, TX

I have been working at IBC Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy paid training classes good way to get foot In door for higher paying BANK jobs fun work environments meet friendly people

Cons

Negative Work environment have to leave bank to find accounts don’t pay for gas have to meet high sales goals or lose your job bad management high turn over rate don’t keep employees always trainees because
    Long time bankers can’t reach “sales goals” this is not a bank job it’s a sales job , bank could care less about customer service as long as new accounts are being opened

Advice to Management

Learn to value service over sales

9. "Outdate business model, low pay"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX

I have been working at IBC Bank part-time

Pros

Usually a good team to work with.

Cons

Poor pay, strange hours that are never consistent, company doesn't want to pay even top employees, try to motivate with pizza parties or prizes. Poor sales incentives.

Advice to Management

Pay a livable wage for Austin, use a new sales model.

10. "Teller"

I have been working at IBC Bank full-time

Pros

Paid training. Room for growth and promotion

Cons

Lower pay than projected market.