IBC Bank Reviews | Glassdoor

IBC Bank President & CEO Dennis E. Nixon
Dennis E. Nixon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • low pay, not too flexible with school (in 39 reviews)

• There is a high turnover rate due to low entry level pay (in 27 reviews)

1. "great advancement opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Laredo, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Laredo, TX

Pros

As a college student working towards a degree in Finance, I was looking for the right place to start at. My original plan was to gain the experience necessary to move on up to another company. Change of plans - I'm here to stay. The things I have learned at the bank have definitely helped me get through school. From banking terminology to legal procedures, I've had the opportunity of, not only learning, but applying these skills on a day-to-day basis.
    A great plus is the fact that you are given endless opportunities to advance within the company.
    All in all, it's a fun working environment and management will always welcome you with open arms. Got a problem? They're willing to work with you 100% and will go to great lengths to help you find a solution. All customers and employees are well taken care of.

Cons

no complaints for the last 4 years I've been employed there

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, providing the IBC Experience and encouraging a "We Do More" attitude

2. "IBC is what you make of it"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX

I have been working at IBC Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of opportunities to advance
    Friendly and very helpful colleagues in more professional level positions

Cons

Low pay
    Poor lower level management/supervision
    Absurdly high turnover

Advice to Management

Pay your front-line workers (retail) better to retain the gifted individuals you either lose to competition or to a better job within the company. Customer service is more than just an empty phrase.

3. "If only"

Current Employee - Assistant Teller Supervisor (Lead Teller) in Laredo, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Teller Supervisor (Lead Teller) in Laredo, TX

I have been working at IBC Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Family feel.
    Great Work experience
    Paid holidays and vacation

Cons

Demand for referrals is high and strict.
    They start off minimum wage

Advice to Management

maybe if they paid more they would have less turn overs

4. "Horrible management"

Former Employee - Teller in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Teller in Austin, TX

I worked at IBC Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easiest job ever. Basically play on your phone for 8 hours and maybe talk to like 5 customers if you're in a location like I was. Vacation and sick time.

Cons

Terribly low pay for tellers, although they have high sales goals while also doing the work all day FOR the sales team and for the teller side, communication between management is terrible, they promise you things you will never get. When hired they promise payouts for referrals you will never receive. Management will manipulate you into thinking you're getting promoted when they actually will give it to some random person they hire because they just wanted to use you. I watched this happen to many colleagues

Advice to Management

Make your training classes match what they will learn at the branch. Get rid of all management who lies. Raise teller pay if you're gonna have high sales goals, or take the sales goals away

5. "This will be a great opportunity to get into banking and learn!"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at IBC Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Extensive training on all you need to know to be a successful banker

Cons

Pay isn't to great but you can fix that by working smart

Advice to Management

weekly employee meetings and goals set out for the team to see and constant in person encouragement

6. "Amazing customer service"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX

I worked at IBC Bank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Quick to assist you and take care of your overdraft issues. They are understanding and allow the customer to voice their opinion

Cons

The hold time at times can be a little high but they make it up to you when they answer their phone

7. "Sales Associate"

I worked at IBC Bank part-time

Pros

Flexible schedule, easy commision plan with no cap.

Cons

Dpending on the location you could come across some incompetent people

Advice to Management

Good way to guide the business but need to work more on retention.

8. "Senior sales supervisor"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative(Assistant Manager) in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative(Assistant Manager) in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at IBC Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment. If you willing to put the hard work it will pay off. Great work ethic and positive attitude will help you long way within the company. You have the control over your paycheck. If you think you deserve more then show us why you deserve that pay increase by production, training and etc. we are a high performance company which means you are your own boss think you're the owner of this business and work for it and tell me it didn't pay off.

Cons

There are no downside for this company unless you let it. Worst thing I see is people giving excuses to fail without finding solution succeed; and then blame the company. This company brought many people lots of opportunities just by hard working and creating competitive environment.

Advice to Management

Management is there to help out individuals. They are not mind readers. You cannot expect 100% from us if you're not willing to meet us half way. This is a great program if you learn how to make things happen without making excuses. It will make everything easier for you and us as managers and for the company, most importantly you will not regret the decision you make.

9. "Teller"

I have been working at IBC Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Helps build customer service skills

Cons

Not many cons. I really enjoy working here

"I’m proud to be an employee and fortunate to have been given the opportunity to learn and advance myself."

Current Employee - Universal Teller I in Brownsville, TX
    Current Employee - Universal Teller I in Brownsville, TX

I have been working at IBC Bank part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Once you have year with Ibc you’re able to apply to many positions they have available. Hours are great they work with your schedule especially if you go to school.
    My manager was awesome and really helpful when I need days off. I made sure I let upper management know as soon as possible.
    Ibc does more for customers and its employees as well. As an employee there are perfect attendance perfect box annual bonuses and an opportunity to get an additional bonus by volunteering through Ibc programs. Ibc does have other rewarding systems such as their annual sellabration. The fun part is the employees take a vote and that determines where that event will take place and as well as teller appreciation week.

Cons

Once I’ve gained enough experience they will let you know if you are needed to help out other branches. It’s a bitter sweet deal since you do not know where they will send you.
    I had another manager before the current one I have and that manager was not helpful and did not help me when I need to make special arrangements for my church. In other words, I feel as if this manager and a few others do respect my religious duties. This makes me feel as if I am not considered.