IBC Bank Reviews | Glassdoor

IBC Bank President & CEO Dennis E. Nixon
Dennis E. Nixon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Very low pay, most of money is earned from their point system (in 35 reviews)

• There is a high turnover rate due to low entry level pay (in 26 reviews)

1. "Bank teller"

Current Employee - Full Time Bank Teller in Elk City, OK
    Current Employee - Full Time Bank Teller in Elk City, OK

I have been working at IBC Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's not that hard. You get a little bit of lenience with your bank account. It's mostly a desk job.

Cons

You have to "preform." Once I was hired they raised the numbers. Instead of 3 we have to get 5 people sign up for credit cards A WEEK. Western Oklahoma towns are not very big.

2. "Low pay"

I worked at IBC Bank full-time

Pros

Friendly envirnment with both coworkers and customers.

Cons

Not organized as a corporation, untrained staff.

Advice to Management

No more blitzing

3. "Bad environment - Employees cornered like trapped animals"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I worked at IBC Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing good about working there.

Cons

Excessive control from "Vice Presidents" over the employees, in considered unhealthy levels.

4. "Sales Associate Review"

I have been working at IBC Bank full-time

Pros

Slow paced job, lots of customer service.

Cons

Lowest paying bank in a lot of places.

5. "Branch Manager"

Current Employee - Branch Sales Manager in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Branch Sales Manager in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at IBC Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun environment and the buildings look nice

Cons

Low pay compared to other banks, unreasonable sales goals, high turnover, and multiple redundant reports and procedures

Advice to Management

If you want to keep your top people pay them a fair market wage, also eliminate all of the paperwork to accomplish even the most simplistic task . It is ridiculous to pull a form , sign a form, fax that form to somebody else who then needs to print the form , sign the form, then send that form to another department to change a phone number.

The current CEO has been here for 50+ years and still runs the bank like it is 1967, the bank needs to get with current times

6. "A home away from home... but not really"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at IBC Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the people I work with and get along with everyone here, for the most part.

Cons

Where do I begin... First of all, I was lied to upon being hired. I was told that every 3 to 4 months, I would receive a raise. When I asked around about it, fellow employees laughed at that. No one ever gets a raise here, unless you get some major promotion or unless you beg for it.

I also feel that certain employees are definitely favored over others. Certain employees will get promotions and raises left and right, while others are stuck doing the same thing for 13 years. And when people leave, there's just a bunch of cross-training. They don't want to replace anyone anymore.

Advice to Management

GIVE EVERYONE A RAISE AND ACTUALLY CARE MORE ABOUT THE COMMUNITY YOU WORK IN

7. "Pays the bills"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broken Arrow, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broken Arrow, OK

I worked at IBC Bank part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's pretty easy, training is a breeze, co workers are decent. It's a good "first job" to get your foot in the door of banking.

Cons

The pay is terrible compared to any other bank. For the amount of work and advertising they ask you to do the pay is a joke. They ask you to go out every day and walk into businesses and pass out flyers and cards to get people to come into the bank. I've never had someone open an account from prospecting. You have to go to at least 5 places a day in your area so a lot of the visits we make are repeat. So businesses get annoyed. Your sales also depend a lot on what the customer does so it's out of your control. If the customers account falls below 10 bucks you don't get to count that sale. If they use their debit card less than 3 times you don't get to count that sale. After my manager quit she told me she only made $120 a check more than me (I'm still new, haven't even gotten off probation so I haven't had my 20 cent raise yet) and she was here for like 3+ years.

Advice to Management

Raise the pay or lower your expectations

8. "Misleading"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX

I have been working at IBC Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Experience for entry level banking

Cons

Your job will be consistantly on the line if you do not meet your individual sales goals. Many people end up opening crazy accounts for their families. The turn over rate is so high that it is not wise to bank here. Many people go in and out, therefore my integrity was challenged and I did not want to sell accounts that could be compromised every day.

Advice to Management

Get rid of sales goals until you have a steady flow of customers and focus more on customer service

9. "Avoid at all Costs"

Former Employee - Teller in Schertz, TX
    Former Employee - Teller in Schertz, TX

I worked at IBC Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good activities for workers to get together. Such as volunteering at events.

Cons

You are required to open a certain amount of accounts per month and your job depends on it. Imagine working at a bank that no one goes to to begin with, and you have to somehow get accounts to come to you. They SOLICIT businesses. If you went a minute over 40 hours you were required to have your time edited in order to not get rewarded overtime. The pay is absolutely awful. Seven day bank but you will NEVER see any of the higher ups working seven days a week.

Advice to Management

Management was never really the issue. They were as tired as all of us.

10. "Great people Lousy Pay"

Current Employee - Universal Teller in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Universal Teller in Austin, TX

I have been working at IBC Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

the pros are
    set schedule, close to home,great customers and co workers, never the same thing, no nights or weekends, depending on the manager you have some flexibility in your hours,

Cons

The cons are
    horrible pay and the raises are ONLY based on sales and getting accounts, No matter, new people with little to no training are a constant problem, no support from the main office,

Advice to Management

speaking to the president and CEO of IBC: You need to get rid of the teller requirement of needing 4 accounts. You always say that the tellers are the face of IBC . Well prove it!! pay them more than $9.80 an hour, treat them with the respect they deserve, give them the power to do their jobs without having to go an approval for anything over $500, pay them for the jobs they take on, and get some better uniforms and not polos either!!