IBEX Global Reviews | Glassdoor

2.6
IBEX Global CEO Robert Dechant
Robert Dechant

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good pay and family oriented buisness (in 26 reviews)

• Decent pay for people looking for first time job (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • Not for the weak soul call center job is amazing (in 24 reviews)

• Has had a more high school atmosphere at times (in 18 reviews)

1. "It's an ok place"

I have been working at IBEX Global full-time

Pros

Good pay good hours good benefits

Cons

Only ten min break and 45min lunch

2. "Good pay awesome trainer expect everything"

Current Employee - Agent In Sales and Billing for Frontier Communications in Elkins, WV

I have been working at IBEX Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay flexible hrs awesome training staff coworkers are very willing to help if u need to know something just ask...that simple straight up and honest no sugar coated crap, bonus bonus and more bonus love the monthly drawings too I just won 300$ gift card to cabelas bam.....see I recommend this job to anyone that is flexible lol

Cons

Rude callers short breaks need ice machine in break rm system needs a lot if fixing or just updated some management don't help like others and think you should do it on ur own and too bad if u dont but only 1or 2 are this way

Advice to Management

Do your job to everyone and don't make new employees think they can't do it feed positive words not negative and you will have a positive outcome

"OK - But not for Everyone"

Pros

Indoor work with seats and no physical labor. Try to keep employee morale up with contests, prizes, and lunches. Minimal experience needed to get started here. Great starter job for many people.

Cons

Few benefits, significant abuse of FMLA, perceived favoritism, too strict, and very convoluted systems, including payroll. Frequent issues with the accuracy of paychecks and weeks to resolve.

Advice to Management

Work to provide more creative allowances for workers, improve benefits, be diligent in accuracy of benefits and information handed down to employees. Provide more time and opportunity for growth.

4. "Good Job, Great People... but then there's upper management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spring Hill, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spring Hill, TN

I worked at IBEX Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The job is fulfilling on Tech Support. You get to help people keep their digital lives moving. Your immediate management is excellent, but overworked. The coworkers are often the reason people remain employed there as long as they are.

Cons

Upper Management has a disconnect. They give a perception of being disconnected. Years ago, all the management had spent time on the phone at some point. There have been people hired who do not have the best interest of the employees in mind. Also, HR is often used to get people fired instead of actually assisting the individuals needing their assistance. Also, the insurance is less than stellar.

Advice to Management

Reconnect with your managers. Don't play favorites. Show you can do the job of the people at the bottom of the food chain, because, after all, they're feeding you.

5. "My time with IBEX Global"

Current Employee - Trainer in Spring Hill, TN
    Current Employee - Trainer in Spring Hill, TN

I have been working at IBEX Global full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

IBEX Global creates many opportunities within the company. I started here in 2013 and worked hard to get my current position. The company recognizes hard work and talent.

Cons

There is a pretty long wait time to receive your first check. The pay out system could be tweaked, I would prefer bi-weekly over twice a month.

Advice to Management

Continue to promote within. That's what I love abou this company, to see people grow professionally and financially.

6. "Absolute Trash"

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Hampton, VA

I worked at IBEX Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is pretty good starting out. ($12.50 during training. $13.50 after 4 weeks of being out of training and then another $1 raise after 6 months.)
    It's a good place to gain experience in the call center world because they hire very easily.
    The actual work is pretty easy. Especially once you get the hang of it.
    You can advance but only for 2 more levels and then you reach the top, unless they're able to get another tier added otherwise, not that much advancement can be done.
    They have TVs on the walls so you can watch whatever's on it when you're bored.

Cons

The favoritism at this job is so unreal. Especially with the people on the floor that want to help. You can ask and they'll give you a really short and not informative answer but will sit down with their buddy and help them with an issue.
    They play music sometimes and if you're near the speaker, then you're out of luck buddy.
    The atmosphere is so childish, it's not even funny.
    They hire just about anyone, which isn't good because some of the people just do not have good customer service skills. I was training with someone once and listening in on her calls while she took them and I just had to remove my headset because I couldn't believe how rudely she was treating the customer.
    The women's bathroom!!!! It's always so gross. It's like the people there don't know how to clean up after themselves and it's so disgusting and always smells terrible.
    If you work 8 hours, you get two ten minute breaks, and if you work 10 hours, you get three. Sometimes customers can be really stressful and those ten minutes are seriously not enough.
    Along with the favoritism, some people could get away with anything that was against the rules if they were cool with the managers or team leaders.
    The training is easy but it's long. (4 weeks) and honestly, some of what you're taught is not how it really is on the floor.
    It takes a month to recieve your first paycheck and your first check is paper which can arrive at a different time vs being paid through direct deposit. At the time, when I started working, the people with direct deposit got theirs early, which we were told by multiple people that we would, ended up being when we were supposed to get it. Misinformation which can really mess with people.
    Overall, if you're desperate and looking for something to do to get by, it's not bad. But I wouldn't stay here longer than I needed to. I came here hopeful because they made it sound so good but then you actually get on the production floor and it's just a mess.

Advice to Management

I don't know honestly. Longer breaks? Stop letting the favoritism run rampant. Quality over quantity? That place is a mess so I honestly don't know.

7. "Desperate times, desperate measures."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bend, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bend, OR

I have been working at IBEX Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They hire nearly anyone.

Cons

They lie while hiring & interviewing. Lack of communication within the site is an ongoing joke among managers.

Advice to Management

If you want to retain your better workers, don’t cut their salaries due to low site attendance. Retention comes from feeling wanted & making decent money. Not “tail gate” parties & VIP lunches with Subway sandwiches.

8. "Meh"

I worked at IBEX Global full-time

Pros

Onboarding people were nice but not quite thorough despite best efforts.

Cons

Unprofessional atmosphere. Bragging about road rage/pulling guns in traffic, the fact that creditors call them all the time, and that they love to get drunk as often as possible. These were trainers and managers speaking to new hires.

Advice to Management

I don't know what to tell you, I'm sure it's difficult to find professionals who are willing to take that kind of abuse from callers.

"Great pay but unorganized"

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Hampton, VA

I worked at IBEX Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay and benefits. This job offers many different type of schedules. They service different clients so they offer sales, technical support, and customer service posistions. Once you're schedule is assigned after trainining that's your set schedule unless you choose to switch with someone.

Cons

Managment is very disorganized. If you get on their bad side they will find a reason to push you out the door.

10. "Tech Support"

I worked at IBEX Global full-time

Pros

Flexible schedules, nice environment, nice people

Cons

none they are doing the best they can

Advice to Management

none