IBEX Global Reviews | Glassdoor

2.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
IBEX Global CEO Robert Dechant
Robert Dechant

Pros
  • the pay is decent for someone who's 18 (in 13 reviews)

• Good pay and family oriented buisness (in 21 reviews)

Cons

1. "Great Co-workers, Limited Opportunities"

Current Employee - Inbound Customer Service Representative in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Inbound Customer Service Representative in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at IBEX Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've really enjoyed my team members at Ibex Global. I've worked on three campaigns, and that gave me the opportunity to work with some wonderful agents. There isn't petty competitiveness among agents - it truly is a team effort. My co-workers were often the best part of my day.

Cons

The company is very political. The slightest adjustment requires multiple meetings and a stack of paperwork. There are constant promises of promotion with little results. When an agent does get added responsibility, it doesn't come with added pay. They sincerely believe that employees would rather be liked by the organization than paid well. It's "corporate culture" on the edge of brainwashing. I've discovered that working for an outsourced call center is akin to being a glorified temp: The client is only interested in cutting costs, and the company does its best to squeeze revenue from the clients. The agents (and the customers, unfortunately) just get caught in the middle.

Advice to Management

I honesty believe the managers on the floor do a fantastic job. They are bound to bureaucratic corporate policies completely removed from their individuality. The parking area at Ibex looks like the "Cash for Clunkers" reject lot. Even the managers aren't making money, apparently.

2. "It's an okay company"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at IBEX Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly atmosphere and it's fairly easy to get hired on with the company.

Cons

Not enough pay. Not enough chances for promotion.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more and give more incentives so that they will stay at the company longer.

3. ":("

Former Employee - Technical Support Advisor in Hampton, VA
    Former Employee - Technical Support Advisor in Hampton, VA

I worked at IBEX Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-co-workers were nice
    - training for technical support

Cons

-the company assigns you shifts. I realize that I lacked seniority as a new person, but out of the 300+ shifts, listed 40 preferred shifts(8a-5pm), got a shift I couldn't work.
    -if you didn't get the shift that you wanted, you had the option to swap out with other co-workers. 95% of the co-workers required money to swap out. The others wanted something else. I didn't have it.

Advice to Management

don't allow bidding system for shifts.

5. "Just what I needed!"

Former Employee - Tech Support Specialist in Charleston, WV
    Former Employee - Tech Support Specialist in Charleston, WV

I worked at IBEX Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The money, sales commisions, co workers, management, pretty much everything.

Cons

Irate customers losing it constantly:

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! And I miss everyone!

6. "Just to get by"

Former Employee - Tech Support in Hampton, VA
    Former Employee - Tech Support in Hampton, VA

I worked at IBEX Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

lots of overtime available, nice people

Cons

low pay, highschool like enviorment

7. "Technical Support advisor"

Current Employee - Technical Support Advisor in Spring Hill, TN
    Current Employee - Technical Support Advisor in Spring Hill, TN

I have been working at IBEX Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None. Just a paycheck. Learn about latest products. Air conditioning environment

Cons

Dealing with the public. People get mad about the products and take it out on you. Very stressful. Need a thick skin.

8. "A good entry-level call center with some gaps to close"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spring Hill, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spring Hill, TN

I have been working at IBEX Global full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay for agent level staff is good, especially considering the work. Where else can you go and make $12 per hour or more, sitting on your rear-end, in a climate controlled environment.
    When career opportunities are available, there is generally a well-structured approach for being considered for the role.
    Professional development -> I report to a Director level employee, with whom I get regular feedback - positive and negative - and professional development guidance. But even those who are hourly agents are able to have weekly/monthly one - on - one time with their supervisors.
    Secure job (if you can handle call-center requirements)
    Friendly atmosphere.
    Bonus structures for both programs at the Spring Hill site modified this year to be very generous.
    I have personally received positive feedback and praise from every level of the organization up to, and including, the CEO.

Cons

Benefits are not very good at all.
    Rigid schedule requirements can be difficult for some demographics (single parents).
    Heavily performance based measurements (which could be a Pro depending on your POV)
    Pay cap and no meaningful annual performance reviews.
    Has had a more high school atmosphere at times.
    Facilities at the Spring Hill site need considerable updating (including some of the equipment in use)
    Still some inconsistency/ambiguity in enforcement of certain policies, which can give the appearance of favoritism or discrimination, even if there is none.

Advice to Management

Management -> Be sure you are intentional in how you engage your employees. Make your interactions meaningful and positive, especially when you have to be critical).
    Corporate -> There are changes that have to happen to get over any stigma of negativity that IBEX has. You must be open to thinking outside the box on what can make each site, including Spring Hill, an attractive place to work. Implementing some sort of daycare service, on-site Nurse, real food options, etc. Pay differentials should be a no-brainer. More competitive pay for salaried staff should also be a no brainer.
    Need to remove pay cap, and provide financial bonuses annually, tied to meaningful performance review system.

9. "great place to work"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in New Braunfels, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in New Braunfels, TX

I worked at IBEX Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great sale experience to work in

Cons

not much to say about company

10. "Terrible"

Former Employee - Tech Advisor in Bend, OR
    Former Employee - Tech Advisor in Bend, OR

I worked at IBEX Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are a druggie and partier, maybe have to come a bit buzzed this job is great for you.

Cons

Most insensitive, disorganized company there is. Horrible environment, very unproffesional staff and vulgar language used constantly.

Advice to Management

Get organized and get off the drugs. Extremely disappointed with how this revolving door company functions.

"Inbound Technical support"

Current Employee - Inbound Tech Support in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Inbound Tech Support in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at IBEX Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very laid back compared to most call centers
    Good pay
    A lot of overtime opportunities
    24/7 so opportunities for a flexible schedule available

Cons

Communication company we work under is awful, customers hate it, and has a F rating on the BBB site
    Most representatives are poorly trained and do a bad job
    Main stat is average handle time which incentives people to not help the customer
    tools and resources for troubleshooting very limited

Advice to Management

Train people better and do a better job of recognizing people who are good troubleshooters and should be off the phones.