IBISWorld Reviews

Updated Jan 7, 2021

3.3
IBISWorld CEO Karen Dobie (no image)
Karen Dobie
Pros
Cons
  • "Sales cycle is extended, but a big deal can offset that(in 11 reviews)

• "Wish there was more room for growth in terms of salary(in 7 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Great company"

5.0
    Current Employee - Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at IBISWorld full-time

Pros

Good people - fun work environment

Cons

Work can be repetitive but it is a good entry level job

January 13, 2021Company Representative

Hello, We are proud to have such great people to work with, and thank you for your contributions to the team. Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback.

"Don’t let the niceness fool you"

Current Employee - Client Relationship Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at IBISWorld full-time for more than a year

Pros

Training and generally good people. Good exposure to businesses.

Cons

Dysfunctional. Nothing works here! The product is outdated and the production team is not motivated to help deliver what is promised to clients. Management doesn’t want to hear your feedback. Agree with others who posted here - toxic “drink the kool-aid” mentality is rampant. Managers are inexperienced and scared to stand up to upper management. Finance team is a horror show and often results in angry clients. The company is not as sophisticated as they like to come across as. Do your research before thinking of coming here. Talk to people who work here (not in management) and you’ll see.

January 22, 2021Company Representative

Hello, we’re sorry to see that you feel that way. In the last year, IBISWorld has created a totally new client experience via its website, launched multiple tools/products to respond to the pandemic's effects on industries, and reorganized our teams to focus specifically on clients’ needs. We have invested in our product development team and are committed to making our clients front and center in all we do. Because of this, we are surprised by your comments on the product and the Production team. Nevertheless, we always welcome feedback and encourage you to reach out to the Product team with your suggestions. With regard to your management comments, we invite you to bring your concerns to the head of your business unit, as our senior management team will always make time for genuine and constructive concerns. We wish you all the best for the future.

"Not a good place to be"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager

I worked at IBISWorld full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Salary is pretty well structured for a sales job -intense training on learning different verticals to sell into

Cons

-Little to no marketing what’s so ever into new leads -Calling a list of dated leads out of sales force that isn’t in any way shape or form cleaned up, lots of duplicates in the system, reaching out to people who aren’t even part of the business/retired at times -lot of favoritism to tenured employees

"Ibisworld is more like wallyworld"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in New York, NY

I worked at IBISWorld full-time

Pros

-Great fun filled work environment - Co-workers are generally very nice

Cons

- Product is a dinosaur and one trick pony - Middle management consists of tenured, glorified, non-talented individuals - Pay is terrible but on par for brainless cold calling work - Highlight of the week is early Friday beer and wine fests under the guise of group meetings

Continue reading

"No Room for Development"

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at IBISWorld full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's an easy job, and little is expected of you. You get to learn about a lot of different industries and have relative autonomy in your work. It's a good place for someone with limited professional experience to build their resume.

Cons

Within the research department, there is zero incentive to do good work. The business is oriented around short term sales goals and almost no leadership positions are held by employees with research or analytical backgrounds. The organization consequently wastes a lot of human capital on misguided and myopic product efforts, and these efforts are demoralizing to people who value their work. Management neither understands the company's existing capabilities nor invests in new capabilities. As a result, junior analysts are frequently tasked with assembling decades of data on novel markets where no information is publicly available, where no institutional effort has otherwise been made to obtain the information, and where they will have to churn out detailed and confident analysis based on back of the envelope estimates.

October 14, 2020Company Representative

Hello, Thank you for your feedback. It is great to hear you felt you were exposed to a lot of great information from various industries, and the expectations of your position were realistic and easy to meet. IBISWorld provides its employees with a great benefits package as well as bonuses, company outings, events, service awards, and many appreciation incentives. IBISWorld truly cares for every employee and has an open-door policy that allows employees to discuss any suggestions and feedback with the management team.

"Sinking like the Titanic"

Former Employee - Business Development

I worked at IBISWorld full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work from home one day a week (more days if you qualify or are well-liked)

Cons

- Nobody knows what they are doing within the company. The company makes the mistake of promoting people who are not qualified for the roles they move up in. You can't train a CRM in 1 month to be promoted to C-Suite/higher level management - Management is a wreck as other reviews have said. It's like driving a clown car on fire. - Micro-management is a huge thing here - If you don't drink the kool-aid, say hello to being outcasted in the company and maybe even losing your job because of it. - Poor pay, terrible benefits - The company constantly says their profitable but in reality, they aren't by any means

Continue reading

"Avoid this sinking ship"

Former Employee - Business Development in New York, NY

I worked at IBISWorld full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

remote work allowed for some, work/life balance, decent base salary (after a few years) relative to deal sizes

Cons

CRONYISM- inept, unqualified management ANCIENT PRODUCT that hasn't adapted to market needs- mainly regurgitated public information from the Census Bureau ABYSMAL Marketing Miniscule 401k match contributions drink the kool-aid or keep your mouth shut mentality

July 27, 2020Company Representative

Hi, thank you for your feedback on our compensation, work/life balance, and remote work options! All employees and managers undergo training and work hard to meet and exceed the goals set for them. We believe in the talent we hire and promote from within as well as recruit new talented individuals.

"Not great"

Former Employee - Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at IBISWorld full-time for more than a year

Pros

Easy access to public transit. Freedom to plan your own schedule.

Cons

Low pay, high workload, little room for growth. Garbage health insurance and 401k match. Snide management. High workload leads to inaccurate research, it is good enough as long as it is "defensible."

July 27, 2020Company Representative

Hi, Thank you for your review. We love hearing that employees feel they have flexibility, great work/life balance, and freedom to create their workflow. We appreciate your comments and always strive to maintain an environment filled with great benefits, excellent perks, and a high-quality product. We are continuously working to improve on our processes and product to suit the needs of our clients and always open to the feedback from our team, so we thank you for taking the time to leave yours

9. "Great job, horrible management"

4.0
    Former Employee - Lead Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at IBISWorld full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work with great people Work from home benefits after 1 year on the job Little micro-managing

Cons

Pretty segmented workplace culture - sales sticks to sales, production stays with production Management does little to innovate or take new ideas into consideration Advancement based on political maneuvering HR handles harassment pretty weakly

10. "Great Company"

5.0
    Current Employee - Computer Operator II

I have been working at IBISWorld full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Culture with Great People

Cons

It is tough to get into higher roles quickly

June 30, 2020Company Representative

Hi!, Thank you for leaving feedback on our great culture and great people! Within our great culture, is the value we all place on each employee's hard work. While we are always seeking to hire diverse team members, we also love it when our colleagues grow with us and become managers. we encourage you to speak with a member of the management team about your future goals and growth potential within IBISWorld.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 165 English Reviews