IBM Brand Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

IBM CEO Virginia Rometty
Virginia Rometty

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "At times work life balance gets challenging" (in 1112 reviews)

• "Low Salary growth in comparison" (in 537 reviews)

"Incredible support for Millennials and Women"

Current Employee - Brand Representative in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Brand Representative in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at IBM full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am a part of the Summit program, which is consistently ranked as one of the top training programs in the country. IBM invests a significant amount of time and money into developing young professionals, which is not very common these days.
    Work-life balance is very good. Employees are able to work from home. I go into the office 3 days a week and work from home the rest.
    Women hold a large portion of senior leadership positions, and support for women is standard practice.

Cons

Bureaucracy of a large company and the time it takes to include all the right people.
    Some silos that make communication between business units uncommon.

Advice to Management

Continue to push for cross-department communication and teamwork.
    Keep up the good work!

IBM Response

May 9, 2016 – VP, People Strategy & Talent Management

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are proud of our Summit Program and its impact on new IBM sellers. We constantly refresh our approach and for 2016 we have added Cognitive, Agile... More

"Field Brand Sales Rep"

Current Employee - Brand Representative
    Current Employee - Brand Representative

Pros

IBM is an exciting place to work. They are delivering solid solutions in many hot areas of tech. There are a lot of opportunities for people willing to work hard and who can figure things out for themselves. They also have better than average benefits.

Cons

iBM is making so many changes, continually, that you don't know which accounts or solutions you will have from one quarter to the next. Often communication about changes doesn't make it to the field until well into the new period.

Advice to Management

Slow down on account changes and sales model changes so reps have enough time to be effective. When changes are made, communicate them much earlier in the new period (half).

3. "Best Technology Company to work for in Sales"

Current Employee - Solution Representative - Brand Specialist: WebSphere BPM-MAJ in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at IBM full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunities to change roles and skills. Excellent people and management and clear vision into the future.

Cons

Sometimes a bit overwhelming due to the size, but once you get your matrix of key players established it becomes easy.

4. "used to be great .....too many cuts"

Current Employee - Brand Sales Representative in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Brand Sales Representative in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at IBM full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

lots of talent around you - lots of opportunity to go where you want to go

Cons

cutting benefits, increasing hours ... all teams have become increasingly 'lean'

Advice to Management

Stop thinking ONLY about the share price

"Senior Software Sales"

Current Employee - Senior Brand Client Representative in Zürich (Switzerland)
    Current Employee - Senior Brand Client Representative in Zürich (Switzerland)

I have been working at IBM full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

What really is valuable is the flexibility and the high acceptance for home office work. Sales do get high commission potential. And there are a lot of very nice people working at IBM Switzerland.

Cons

Very high amount of working hours. There is a lot of fluidity in how commissions are valued and paid. That this is solely under IBMs control can be demotivating. Also commissions are paid 1-3 months afterwards, the delay also is not helpful. There is way to much, unneccessary complexitiy in the sales operations processes.

Advice to Management

My suggestions towards the IBM management would be 3 things: 1) Simplify internal processes, by one order of magnitude, 2) Reduce the level of organizational change, and leave roles and responsibilities fixed for 3 years - at least in Sales (currently there is major change each year). 3) Value any internal change by the cost of disruption before it is approved.