FilterCambridge, East of England, England (UK)
I worked at IBM as an intern (More than a year)
- Undergraduate scheme is very well thought out, with plenty of workshops being held over the year to build professional skills.
- Personal development is very important, and plenty of time is given to be able to sit down and build your skills
- IBM's core values and ethics are very good, plenty of opportunities to give back to the greater community
- IBM uses a lot of internal technologies which can be difficult and frustrating to work with
- Due to the size of the company, it can feel very hard to make a meaningful impact
- Graduate positions seem to have a very linear and archaic career progression path
Advice to Management
Be open to the idea that you'll see far more productivity if the engineers have their choice of tools which are most suited to the task, rather than trying to fit IBM technologies to problems they aren't designed for.
This will replace the current featured review for targeted profile. Are you sure you want to replace it?
Are you sure you want to remove this review from being featured for targeted profile?