IBM Digital Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 30 reviews

4.1
IBM CEO Virginia Rometty
Virginia Rometty
  1. "IBM a great place to work and balance family life"

Former Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Dublin, OH

I worked at IBM full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

When IBM bought Sterling Commerce they allowed their employees to all work from home 5 days a week. The benefits are good. The technology you get exposed to is awesome and the people are the brightest super stars you will ever find anywhere.

Cons

On March 6, 2017 IBM announced that they were restructuring our division and we had to relocate to a new city. The dental and eye coverage is not very good. I would have stayed with company if I was able to continue to work from Columbus Ohio

IBM2017-04-24
  2. "Digital Marketing Program Manager"

Former Employee - Digital Marketing Manager

I worked at IBM full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Women-friendly Great work life balance Regular training and development opportunities

Cons

Frequent change in management Not transparent

IBM2018-03-28

"Stress and negativity from the top down"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at IBM for more than a year

Pros

- Solid company reputation - Somewhat decent salary

Cons

- Low morale (translated from extreme stress and frustration at the top, to a company spread too thin in the middle, to just a horrible outlook and experience for entry level employees) - Can no longer trust that the company "has your back" - this used to be an excellent place to work (from what I am told by current and former long-term employees), but now has eschewed absolutely any semblance of "Good ol' Big Blue",...

Advice to Management

Don't let panic over poor company performance make you drop all of your human efforts. People will not stay at a company that undervalues them, gives them no guidance in discovering and developing their best potential, and gives little care to who else it is hiring (landing some very smart people with some very dumb ones).

IBM2018-02-08

"Losing hope"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing in New York, NY

I have been working at IBM full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Many opportunities to learn new things.

Cons

Co-location for marketing has resulted in the loss of many good employees; limited opportunity for advancement; wheels turn slowly. "Resource Actions" come out of the blue and give long-standing employees very little severance - this makes current employees feel more like cogs on wheels than humans.

Advice to Management

Let go of co-location for high performing employees.

IBM2017-10-02

"Brutal place to work, terrible management"

Former Employee - Digital Marketing Manager in San Jose, CA

I worked at IBM full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I no longer work there

Cons

Harassment, bullying and intimidation on a daily basis

Advice to Management

You're toxic. Reap the benefits of your latest round of "co-lo" layoffs, then sell your stock before the lead pipe runs dry from lack of execution and expertise.

IBM2017-10-02
  6. "Not a dead company, but still many problems."

Former Employee - Digital Marketing in New York, NY

I worked at IBM

Pros

NYC office is a cool environment to work in, great location in general. IBM is leaning more towards a relaxed working environment, not everyone needs to be in a tight suit to get work done. Some of the people are incredibly smart - great people to work around.

Cons

Struggling to adapt to newer views - I was surprised at the lack of common sense within digital marketing there was at IBM before about 2 years ago when it started this "Cognitive Era." There is a lot of useless work that employees are doing in this area of business and there is certainly, from what I experienced, not much room to interject your opinion or ideas. Lots of useless data. The bureaucracy is god-awful, even...

Advice to Management

The middle management is an issue that even the top-dogs at the company will admit. Better communication between levels of management. Maybe even less management in general.

IBM2017-06-20

"Constant reinvention"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing in Athens, GA

I have been working at IBM full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Salary, benefits, remote work, smartest coworkers around, MacBook Pro, opportunity to travel, great experience and resume builder, no shortage of challenges to creatively overcome

Cons

Remote work no longer available, too much change, unrealistic expectations, many management issues, lack of raises, constant budget issues, too many cooks in the kitchen

Advice to Management

Too many layers of management

IBM2017-03-04

"Potential to be a great company, lacking the right leaders"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Strategist

I have been working at IBM full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1. Great colleagues, some of the smartest people I have ever worked with and had the privilege to work with. 2. Access to resources, such as tools to enable you to make data-driven decisions. 3. Work life balance (although this is changing). 4. Benefits are really great. 5. No two days are the same.

Cons

1. Remote work is no longer allowed. 2. Salary is not at-market. 3. Mobility is incredibly tough for such a large company. If you do not push to have that relationship with your manager, it will not happen organically. 4. Management in general is rough. Those who are in Director/VP roles are too disconnected from the roles of their direct reports that they are not able to give advice on how to fix problems. They...

Advice to Management

Please take better care of your employees. Hire/place people with the right skills in the right roles. Give managers a manageable amount of employees so that they can provide leadership to their direct-reports and assist them in career development, removing obstacles, etc.

IBM2017-02-20
  9. "IBM Retiree"

Former Employee - Digital Marketing in Ballwin, MO

I worked at IBM full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great salary and benefits. Loved the ability to work from home. Nice people who all work together.

Cons

Too many lay offs and sending jobs overseas.

IBM2016-04-14

"Digital Marketing Strategist"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Strategist in New York, NY

I have been working at IBM full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Incredibly flexible schedule. Easy to transition to other roles within the company. Good exposure to experience working at a 100+ year old giant tech firm.

Cons

Lack of community. Lack of engaging culture. The nickname, "I'm By Myself" stands true. Every project you will ever work on will always be a SLOW process. There is a MAJOR disconnect between the top level and the bottom level. Evident age gap between recent grads and middle management (typically ~10+ years with no in-between).

IBM2015-07-07