IBM Reviews in Mobile, AL | Glassdoor

1 Rating

"IT Solution Architect"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Mobile, AL

I have been working at IBM for more than 10 years

Pros

good pay, flexible hours, work from home, good co-workers, more words, more words, more words

Cons

more work is being moved offshore, no investment in education/training, manager heavy, more words, more words, more words

Advice to Management

more words, more words, more words more words, more words, more words more words, more words, more words more words, more words, more words

IBM2015-06-16

"No respect"

Former Employee - Systems Architect in Mobile, AL

I worked at IBM full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I worked in the systems business in field sales. The work life balance was good. The pay was mediocre. Since revenue was dropping each quarter the axe was always falling.

Cons

Eventually after all the cuts the only one left where the 20+ year IBMers who where married to IBM. Anybody who had talent and was not afraid to leave left. Their are still a few good folks left. I wish them well. My advice is if you decide to leave be prepared to be terminated the same day. Do not tell them where you are going. They have no right to know.

Advice to Management

Get out of the hardware business. You are just milking it. No investment, shrinking revenue, less relevance everyday. Sell while there is at least a bit of value left. Let someone else make a go of it.

IBM2016-03-17
  3. "IBM hiring in this area"

Commodity Category Manager in Mobile, AL

I have been working at IBM

Pros

Good benefits, pay is good not the best

Cons

poor senior management, only interessted in bottom line, don't really understand how to manage a BTO operation, ask a lot of questions and get answers in writing before hiring on

Advice to Management

Listen to people and change the way you compensate BTO personnel. No incentative to do this job in BTO.

IBM2010-02-14