IBM Reviews in Oxford, England | Glassdoor

IBM CEO Virginia Rometty
Virginia Rometty

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • You have to manage your work life balance or you'll end up doing the work of 2 or more people (in 929 reviews)

• Long hours like everwhere elses (in 442 reviews)

"Not a happy camper"

Former Contractor - Sales Administrator in Oxford, England (UK)
    Former Contractor - Sales Administrator in Oxford, England (UK)

I worked at IBM as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a large company with the potential, if you like it, to work anywhere in the world.

Cons

I was involved in a company buyout, hired on contract to cover a maternity leave, prior to the buyout. When IBM tookover they promised everyone the moon. I was told there would be a placement for me within the organization because I was a valued asset to them. All I had to do was submit my resume and have a short interview to discuss where I would be placed after the Maternity leave was over. When the time came for my interview it was postponed many times. Finally, needing to secure my future I requested that someone take the time to talk to me. It was then (only a week prior to my completion date) that there was no place for me ANYWHERE in IBM because I was considered a TEMP and there policy was that they don't hire temps. Even if I were to complete my contract and then reapply or a position, they would not consider me because I had been a TEMP!!! I learned that other people who were not temps, but had been with the former company for years, even the Managing Director, were promised positions at the beginning and then when the takeover happened they were told they had a month to look on the IBM job board and find themselves a suitable position to APPLY for!!!!

Showing 1 of 33,970 review