IBM Reviews in Reston, VA | Glassdoor

IBM Reston Reviews

6 reviews

Filter

Filter

Reston, VA

2.7
StarStarStarStarStar
Rating TrendsRating Trends
Recommend to a friend
Approve of CEO
IBM CEO Virginia Rometty
Virginia Rometty
3 Ratings

6 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • You have to manage your work life balance or you'll end up doing the work of 2 or more people (in 929 reviews)

  • Long hours like everwhere elses (in 442 reviews)

More Pros and Cons

  1. "System Administrator"

    StarStarStarStarStar
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Reston, VA
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Reston, VA

    I have been working at IBM as a contractor (Less than a year)

    Pros

    Very relaxed environment and good pay.

    Cons

    Very expensive location if you plan on living close by.


  2. "need to take care of employees"

    StarStarStarStarStar
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    • Comp & Benefits
    • Senior Management
    Former Employee - Project Manager Business in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Project Manager Business in Reston, VA
    Doesn't Recommend
    Neutral Outlook
    Approves of CEO

    Pros

    good salary can be made
    good work

    Cons

    dont care about employees
    your just a number.
    Too many re-orq's every year.

    IBM Response

    Apr 6, 2017 – Program Consultant - IBMer Engagement

    Thank you for the review.

  3. "Program Manager"

    StarStarStarStarStar
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    • Comp & Benefits
    • Senior Management
    Former Contractor - Senior Project Manager in Reston, VA
    Former Contractor - Senior Project Manager in Reston, VA
    Recommends
    Neutral Outlook

    I worked at IBM as a contractor (More than 10 years)

    Pros

    Lots of talented people that can come together to solve any problem

    Cons

    Has been a movement against sub-contractors and they are not typically valued as "part of team"


  4. Helpful (1)

    "Sales Director"

    StarStarStarStarStar
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    • Comp & Benefits
    • Senior Management
    Former Employee - Sales Director in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Sales Director in Reston, VA
    Doesn't Recommend
    Neutral Outlook
    No opinion of CEO

    Pros

    Good benefits. Cutting edge technology. Fast paced.

    Cons

    90% of the people are great. The other 10% are corporate vipers. Not a healthy environment. Not your fathers/mothers IBM of 30 years back. The management can be brutal. Unrealistic expectation.

    Advice to Management

    Treat your employees like you would like to be treated.


  5. "Great place to build a career"

    StarStarStarStarStar
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    • Comp & Benefits
    • Senior Management
    Former Intern - IT Analyst in Reston, VA
    Former Intern - IT Analyst in Reston, VA
    Recommends
    Neutral Outlook
    Approves of CEO

    I worked at IBM as an intern (Less than a year)

    Pros

    Supportive team environment and culture. Fairly good pay.

    Cons

    Sometimes feels lost in the grind of 400,000 other people, can be a challenge to get onto new projects.


  6. "Good."

    StarStarStarStarStar
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Career Opportunities
    • Comp & Benefits
    • Senior Management
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
    Approves of CEO

    Pros

    Network and Learning Opportunities within IBM (400K plus employees) and through IBM clients. Knowledge management capabilities. Invention and Innovation processes.

    Cons

    Lack of transparency and objectivity in management decisions about people. Changing course half way. Lots of brilliant people but lots of average people too.

    Advice to Management

    Increase objectivity and transparency with regard to people management decisions.


Showing 6 of 33,951 reviews
Reset Filters