74% would recommend to a friend
(16653 total reviews)
80% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "1. Big Organisation 2. In/Out time constraint is not here 3. Work life balance is good" (in 8184 reviews)
- "The people are great and the Extreme Blue program was excellent for learning principles of product design." (in 4208 reviews)
- "Flexible timings and work from home option(i gotta laptop thats why i enjoy this privilege)" (in 4174 reviews)
- "Good benefits; IBM prides itself on being a leader in Healthcare Benefits and incentives for healthy living." (in 2858 reviews)
- "1. Extremely good work culture 2. Packages are good 3. Direct contact to senior level employees" (in 2579 reviews)
- "Low salary and the increment was less than 2% even top performer unless you got band promotion" (in 4624 reviews)
- "Poor Management . . . . . . . . . . . . . ." (in 2631 reviews)
- "• Hard to get a promotion unless you have a good manager that is respected and fights for you" (in 1929 reviews)
- "The pay is low and not much hope it will get better even through hard work and delivering results." (in 1584 reviews)
- "No Salary hike.No On site opportunity.Very few are lucky getting visas and traveled to on" (in 1482 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of IBM and is not affected by filters.
Found 16,653 of over 110K reviews
Updated Dec 6, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Dec 6, 2023Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearDurham, NC
Lots of time to expand skillset
Projects typically use older technology stacks, Retirement benefits changes
- 5.0Dec 6, 2023Senior ConsultantFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsPhiladelphia, PA
Travel to customer site; growth for driven individuals
Managers have a lot of direct reports; hard to get attention
- 4.0Dec 6, 2023Applications DeveloperFormer Employee, more than 1 yearBaton Rouge, LA
Hard work, lots of learning experience.
Work outside of your responsibilities, but this could benefit you.
- 3.0Dec 6, 2023ManagerFormer Employee, more than 10 yearsDallas, TX
It’s a well run business, and still has people that you can learn from
It’s relying a lot on former glory, and losing mindshare
IBM Reviews FAQs
IBM has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 110,092 reviews left anonymously by employees. 74% of employees would recommend working at IBM to a friend and 65% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
74% of IBM employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated IBM 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.