IBM Reviews in Saint Petersburg, FL | Glassdoor

Found 2 reviews

4.6
IBM CEO Virginia Rometty
Virginia Rometty
  1. "IBM - big, wonderful, scary place"

Current Employee - Distinguished Engineer in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at IBM full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

IBM is huge with 10K's of products, 340K employees, and unlimited potential. When you figure out how to work with and use IBM's size, you can delight your clients, make a good living, work with people who become your friends, and on rare occasions get an amazing reward like going to Hawaii with friend for Best of IBM (only 1K go).

Cons

IBM is huge with 10K's of products, 340K employees, and unlimited ways to get lost or feel unwanted, plus some areas just don't succeed. It takes brains, heart, guts and a little bit of luck, but that is true anywhere.

Advice to Management

Continue to clarify what is staying the same and what is changing. Even if I'm last person off the ship, I'll do it if I know it is for a good cause. If you are not clear, I just think I got forgotten.

IBM2017-05-26

"Consequences of too much outsourcing"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at IBM full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

IBM has a stellar reputation for providing solutions to today's tough IT issues. To that end, the company hires talented people to assist. IBM also spends significant resources to provide training to employees.

Cons

When timelines get tight, outsourcing is almost exclusively the response. Sometimes, it is the right option, but not as a company reflex. IBM has a broken promotion system and provides little support for upward mobility.

Advice to Management

Remove layers. Reduce outsourcing. Support internal promotions.

IBM2016-05-11