IBM Sales Analyst Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 10, 2019

4.0
IBM CEO Virginia Rometty
Virginia Rometty
  1. "Pros and cons of such a large company"

Current Employee - Sales Operations Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at IBM full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits and lots of opportunities to grow with internal training systems as a company priority on training current employees to be top talent in their field.

Cons

There is so much process and paperwork you can waste days on end on help desks and getting different answers when trying to resolve an issue. Getting issues escalated and resolved slows down overall progress and tires out employees.

IBM2019-04-11
  2. "Leading by Example"

Current Employee - Sales and Marketing Analyst in Austin, TX

I have been working at IBM full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I love what I'm doing. I'm working in an area of the business that is exciting and new.

Cons

Co-location policy terrible decision ever. We lost a ton of talent and hard working, dedicated people.

Advice to Management

Continue to allow me the freedom and trust that I receive. This makes all the difference to be treated as a valued member and an SME in my current position.

IBM2017-06-22
  3. "Good company, lots of benefits. You will work hard. That"

Sales Operations Analyst in Dallas, TX

I worked at IBM

Pros

Consistent raises, good mentoring and education, many internal opportunities, good benefits

Cons

Constant change of processes and procedures. New execs want to leave their mark and change things to accomplish that. Having said that though, lots of good managers and people to work for/with. Just be ready to work.

IBM2015-05-11
  4. "It's a good company to work for."

Senior Sales Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at IBM

Pros

You get to work with intelligent people who are also nice. Brand-name recognition. Generous compensation package. Being able to telecommute saves time wasted sitting in traffic, helps the environments, and boosts employee productivity. I'm not a morning person, but happily works late into night sometimes if needed. Management in general are competent and understanding. It doesn't hurt that employees get all... sorts of little perks, too, from discount show/movie tickets to free museum admission, from travel priviledges (cheaper car rental, hotel stays) to employee pricing at some of the customer websites -- Apple, Sony, Panasonic, GE, Sharp, Philips, to name a few.

Cons

Politics, politics, politics. A lot of decisions are made from top down. Bureaucracy.

Advice to Management

Listen to people closest to the customer and make decisions based on feedback from the field.

IBM2009-02-01
  5. "Placement Year review"

Former Intern - Sales Analyst in London, England

I worked at IBM for more than a year

Pros

Very friendly working environment with opportunities to learn many different things. Giveback opportunities, as well as shadowing opportunities are great, giving you the possibility to experience different parts of the business.

Cons

During the placement year, you are not being assessed based on the performance in your team, but you are being assessed from your personal development manager, who you have very little contact with in your day to day role.

Advice to Management

Improve the processes in the placement programme and do not allocate the different roles and positions on a random basis.

IBM2015-11-10

"Assembly line profiles"

Current Employee - Sales Operations Analyst in Bangalore

I have been working at IBM full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Big brand looks good on resume - Good work life balance

Cons

- Over structured and process oriented - Good for higher emp grades compared to lower ones who get zero learning from such structured roles - Over focus on policies - Extremely low yearly hikes compared to market

Advice to Management

- Stimulate more collaboration, everone works so much in silos that there is no sense of one (blue) blood

IBM2014-08-19
  7. "IBM is a Manager Driven Companie ... they have verry less involvement of HR and no ER."

Current Employee - Sales Analyst in Hyderābād

I have been working at IBM full-time for more than a year

Pros

Can Manage personal and professional life easily (conditionally u have a good manager)

Cons

No HR involvement ... Many times hiring is a mess ... employes do not have a concrete and stable department to reach out to.

Advice to Management

They should look forward to make a good and effective Employee engagement.

IBM2012-11-08