Found 4,353 of over 110K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about IBM
Got a burning question about IBM? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with IBM employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good work life balance and good to be able to work from home although that’s often at the discretion of your manager" (in 8237 reviews)
- "Flexible timings and work from home option(i gotta laptop thats why i enjoy this privilege)" (in 4207 reviews)
- "The people are great and the Extreme Blue program was excellent for learning principles of product design." (in 4205 reviews)
- "Good benefits; IBM prides itself on being a leader in Healthcare Benefits and incentives for healthy living." (in 2898 reviews)
- "1. Extremely good work culture 2. Packages are good 3. Direct contact to senior level employees" (in 2538 reviews)
- "Low salary and the increment was less than 2% even top performer unless you got band promotion" (in 4632 reviews)
- "Poor Management . . . . . . . . . . . . . ." (in 2621 reviews)
- "• Hard to get a promotion unless you have a good manager that is respected and fights for you" (in 1895 reviews)
- "The pay is low and not much hope it will get better even through hard work and delivering results." (in 1564 reviews)
- "No Salary hike.No On site opportunity.Very few are lucky getting visas and traveled to on" (in 1463 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of IBM and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "good work environment"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0Oct 20, 2021Software DeveloperCurrent Employee
I work in IBM for many years, I really like it. IBM provides a very professional environment and inclusion culture for the employees to work and grow . people respect each other. IBM has very good work and life balance.
IBM has so many pros, it has some cons, but it's not a big deal for me
- 4.0Oct 20, 2022Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
I am proud to be say IBMER and work environment is good and can have different domains
citrix and slack is down
- 5.0Aug 10, 2020Applications DeveloperCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearPune
Very friendly environment and the work makes me easy to do by the help of colleagues
To prove myself better and to know my strength
- 5.0Oct 26, 2020Financial AnalystCurrent EmployeeRochester, MN
IBM offers a very collaborative work environment and I always enjoy working with my coworkers on projects and day-to-day tasks. IBM allows employees to spend time during the work day taking education courses to expand our skill sets
No applicable cons to be listed.
- 2.0Dec 19, 2016Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 year
Pleased with middle management: In 2 years, I've had 3 different direct managers who were very attentive and invested in my professional development as a university/new graduate hire. Friendly and helpful work environment: All of my coworkers were extremely knowledgable and helpful, and getting tasks done never felt adversarial. Flexible work environment: many employees work from home and are still able to communicate with each other effectively
Reward scheme is awful to nonexistent: Before the end of my first year, I transitioned from QA to development at my own request to work on a newer product. Despite helping present for a conference and receiving a PBC 1, I wasn't given any sort of raise, promotion or stock options package. My starting salary was far below market value and did not change at all in two years. I know lateral moves seem to be the only way to get a raise these days (I negotiated a 30% raise plus stock options). It felt like a lost cause once I had to initiate negotiation for a pay raise.6
- 5.0Aug 6, 2021Software Support EngineerCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
My time at IBM has showed me what a positive and encouraging work environment can cool like. I have felt very supported within my own team and have many outlets/avenues I can go to. They truly care about their employees health and well being. They offer many learning platforms to take courses on the latest technologies.
Working from home can be considered a con for some, but I enjoy the flexibility.