IBM Named account manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Find jobs for named account manager

IBM Named Account Manager Reviews

Found 2 reviews

4.5
IBM CEO Virginia Rometty
Virginia Rometty

"Good Company if you can navigate"

Current Employee - Named Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at IBM full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

IBM is a wonderful company, they have generous salaries, good self-directed training, and a good corporate culture. Their Summit Program is quite nice and I graduated from it with a good sense of sales.

Cons

Company is too big to get out of it's own way sometimes. I was disappointed in the lack of support I got in sales from senior members of my team when I asked for help, even though I offered to assist them with their grunt work. They move their sales force around too frequently for them to get traction with their accounts. After the initial training reps need to self-direct their training and it can be monotonous.

Advice to Management

Stop shifting sales accounts every half. Enable your new sales reps with better mentorship.

IBM2017-05-24

"Join IBM!"

Current Employee - Named Account Manager in London, England

I have been working at IBM full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

I'm extremely proud to work for a company that has, and continues to, contribute to the world. Of course, it is a business so has to deliver revenue and growth but the culture and ethos of the organisation means that we do so in an ethical and positive way. I do not think there are many companies of our size that can match this. Working for a big organisation can bring challenges but on the flip side it means there are...

Cons

It is a big company so as you can expect that can add complexity and sometimes process but the flip side to this is the resource and product offering available to share with clients. On balance the related pros outweigh this con in my opinion

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. I believe in the direction and vision you have for the company. It's clear that it is not always easy or pain-free to deliver but I am confident the company will continue to succeed and I will continue to do all I can to contribute

IBM2017-06-15