ICON Health & Fitness Reviews

Updated May 6, 2021

4.0
ICON Health & Fitness Chairman and CEO Scott Watterson
Scott Watterson
Pros
  • "Laid back work environment with plenty of opportunity to grow and progress career(in 11 reviews)

• "Awesome leadership and work life balance(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Sometimes there is miscommunication between upper management in what you should be doing(in 8 reviews)

• "MAJOR nepotism, low pay, politics, feels like being babysat at timed(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Growing Company

May 6, 2021 - Director in Logan, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Takes care of people that are loyal

Cons

Can be difficult to work with some people in a large organization.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

iFit is a great remote-first environment

Mar 30, 2021 - Full-Stack Web Developer in Logan, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

iFit has a very positive culture built to support remote work as the primary environment. The cross-discipline structure of teams builds a great environment to work on many different things and learn from peers. (iFit is largely a separate org structure from ICON at large)

Cons

iFit has grown a lot and a bit too fast. That's a great problem to have. But I fear that with that growth it will lose the friendly start-up atmosphere in favor of the enterprise-y less friendly environment. Simply staying on top of requirements recently has meant less focus on innovative development, but I feel like this is a hump that iFit will overcome.

3. 1.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Icon health and fitness treats its customers bad and its employees worse

Mar 26, 2021 - Billing and Returns Agent in Logan, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Ability to make extra money with commission.

Cons

Getting ready to get yelled at for asking questions. If you ask a supervisor a question they will yell at you for not already knowing the answer. Communication between departments is very bad. Getting time off is a chore and it will take over a month to get it approved. They also do not allow time off between November through March, almost half of the year they expect you not to take a single day off. You better hope you don't have any important events, surgeries, or vacations during those months because if you ask for a day off in that time the manager will get upset and send a mass email out to everyone. Icon health and fitness treats its customers bad and its employees worse.

ICON Health & Fitness Response

Employee Experience Team

Your detailed feedback is appreciated. Although we’re happy you like the commission structure of your position, we’re sorry to hear communication and paid time off have not been as good as they could be. Like you, we also believe that respect and kindness should always be present in our communications. This review is being shared internally. We’d also invite you to share more details of your experience with us directly at: employee.experience@iconfitness.com. We’ll look into the time off and communication claims made. Your message to this inbox will be confidential and will help us fully investigate the claims made here. Thanks! -ICON Health & Fitness

4. 5.0

Great Place

May 2, 2021 - Direct Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful atmosphere, great management, great people, and great pay

Cons

Not much room for growth

5. 4.0

UTS

Apr 18, 2021 - UTS Desktop Support Technician in Logan, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

You can make a lot of money in commision and it isn't very hard.

Cons

Due to the pandemic, everything is slower than usual so we get alot of angry customers

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

I love it here.

Mar 29, 2021 - Electrical Engineer in Logan, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Challenging innovative projects 2. High pace development 3. Self directed work 4. Schedule flexibility 5. Fun environment

Cons

High pace can make it stressful at times, especially when specifications are changing. Around trade-shows are the worst times.

7. 2.0
      Former Employee

OK depending on who your manager is

May 6, 2021 - Marketing
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is good for entry level

Cons

Management is terrible and no onboarding

ICON Health & Fitness Response

Employee Experience Team

We’re glad you feel the pay is good for the entry level position you held. Would you be open to sharing more of your thoughts about how management and onboarding could improve? Although no company is perfect, we strive to provide the best employee experience possible. As part of an ongoing effort to be better, we’re actively making enhancements to people training, onboarding, employee feedback and other related initiatives. Your additional thoughts on these topics would be greatly appreciated. Email us at: employee.experience@iconfitness.com. Thanks! -ICON Health & Fitness

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Work Life Balance

Apr 8, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life balance, pro-family, interesting work

Cons

Health insurance benefits could be a little better

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great place to work

Apr 5, 2021 - Management
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of challenging opportunities to keep a professional engaged.

Cons

Sometimes the pressure can be high.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great product, awesome people, and growing pains (iFit)

Jan 28, 2021 - Software Project Manager in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

- The company treats you like family and really understands work/life balance. - No workplace drama. Everyone is here for one thing, to make amazing products. - They are also growing at an amazing rate which is a huge plus towards job security. - Great physical and mental health benefits as well as 401! - Lots of help when you ask. Everyone is super nice!

Cons

- Massive success is a double edge sword sometimes and the growth has overtaken process somewhat, though they understand the issue and are trying to fix it.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 197 Reviews