ICR Reviews | Glassdoor

ICR Reviews

Updated Jun 4, 2019

Found 44 reviews

3.4

"The Worst Working Experience I've Ever Had"

Former Employee - Senior Associate in New York, NY

I worked at ICR full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are a number of smart, talented, cool people there, but I'm at a loss to recommend anything specific about ICR as a company.

Cons

I have never had an experience like ICR, and I hope to never encounter a workplace as toxic for the rest of my life. As a PR person (not IR) I was quickly rushed into the position, with my hiring manager threatening to rescind my job offer if I didn't start before giving my previous workplace a full two weeks notice. Assuming that was an isolated incident I still took the job, only to be met with an absolutely shocking...

Advice to Management

Eliminate the current management. There are huge problems with how certain aspects of the organization is being managed, evidenced by the very high turnover rate, the impossible path to a raise or promotion. Hire human beings, and treat staff as an investment, not a means to an end. ICR is, in its current state, a truly terrible place to work.

ICR2016-10-21

"Do yourself a favor and skip it."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at ICR full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free bagels? Pretty much it.

Cons

Too many to count. Listen, ICR is an IR shop, and their IR people are good for what they do. They should stick to IR. PR is another story. It's a complete mess. The business leads are fantastically inept. The business is run like a mom and pop shop versus a real PR agency. They get business off of their IR clients and then lose it soon after because the clients realize they're in too far over their heads. They can't keep...

Advice to Management

Take a look at PR. The revolving door - whether you like it or not - is indicative of a systematic problem at the top. And it won't get better (for clients or staff) until you make some real changes.

ICR2016-10-19

"Summer intern"

I worked at ICR

Pros

Great people with strong experience

Cons

The need more options on coffee

ICR2016-04-06

"S. Associate"

I have been working at ICR full-time

Pros

Great opportunity to learn; you make the most of it. Frequent interaction with the buy and sell side. Really talented senior mgmt. to learn from.

Cons

Pay Is low at first but once proven greatly increases.

ICR2016-03-30

"Special Operations Developer"

Current Employee - Special Operations Developer in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at ICR full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great pay, 2 weeks vacation, make your own hours

Cons

Inconsistent management who either does't have the experience needed or doesn't care about the people below them.

Advice to Management

Get better Program Managers

ICR2016-03-03

"Happy AS"

Current Employee - Account Supervisor

I have been working at ICR

Pros

ICR affords great opportunities to those who rise to the occasion. There are some who have been with the firm for 10+ years and they all seem to share similar characteristics in that they work hard, always give the best quality service to clients and never really settle for less-than-great – the Type A driven personality succeeds here, you could say. I’ve found each team operates differently, thus you get varying degrees...

Cons

I struggle a bit with work/life balance as there can be long days and you're expected to be on call at all times. However, that's what competitive firms do in a service industry.

ICR2016-02-10

"Tech"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

I worked at ICR

Pros

they have great Christmas parties

Cons

no advancement.......binding non-compete............upper mgt don't know what they are doing

Advice to Management

sell company to a forward thinking compeitior

ICR2016-01-23

"Unprofessional & unorganized"

I worked at ICR full-time

Pros

People are generally friendly and HR plans several events (food trucks, bagel thursdays) to keep employees happy

Cons

There is extreme favoritism, you may be working for 6 different people at once who all think their work is the MOST important, and there is lots of drinking both internally and with clients that can become very unprofessional

ICR2015-09-24

"Worst company - DO NOT WORK HERE"

Former Employee - IR Associate

I worked at ICR

Pros

There are no pros. Aweful company with the worst management I have ever seen . They bring in bagels but that's not even worth working here.

Cons

Terrible work environment, no training, extremely high turnover. Always hiring new people because they can't keep employees happy for more than a few months. Treat junior employees like crap . They will deceive you thinking the job is something it's not. RUN FROM THIS FIRM.

Advice to Management

Too many to name

ICR2015-10-15

"High Turnover"

Former Employee - Associate

I worked at ICR full-time

Pros

The office is conveniently located. There are snacks and beverages in the office. I had the chance to work on several well known clients.

Cons

Extremely unprofessional corporate culture that resists new ideas and purges any talent that threatens the status quo. ICR misrepresents the company to new employees and clients - exemplified by the high turnover for both. Junior employees are not valued and set up to fail with no training, too many clients and several different managers. Be prepared for 60+ hour weeks, poor compensation and no path for advancement.

Advice to Management

No amount of bagel Tuesdays/Thursdays can fix a culture that destroys talented employees. Management is the problem.

ICR2015-10-05