ICR Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5

"Great learning opportunity"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at ICR full-time for more than a year

Pros

How much you put into the job is how much you get out of it- there is an endless amount to learn about the financial industry. Great access to C-level executives at public companies- very unique insight into the companies you work with. Very young company with fun, smart people.

Cons

Each group operates almost like a separate company- there is no consistency across the board regarding promotions, pay increase, etc. You are expected to be "on" 24/7 (answering emails after hours and on weekends)

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more.

ICR2015-09-11

"Good Intentions / Poor Execution"

I worked at ICR for more than a year

Pros

The firm has grown very fast and the pitch to work at the Company sounds enticing. They hire very talented people. The CEO and President are good guys. They talk a good compensation game.

Cons

The autonomous nature of the teams leads to non-sharing of best practices. The teams operate as fiefdoms and god help you if you end up in the wrong team. As a senior level employee I was ashamed of the way our team leader treated and viewed junior employees. There is zero work/life balance - on call 24/7 for Investor Relations? IR is really one of the easiest functions in an organization (having lead two IR teams...

Advice to Management

Where revolving doors exist you may want to look at the guy operating the door not those who walk through it. In other words there are some rotten apples at the top hiding out under the guise of bringing revenue through the door. They are a cancer hollowing out talent from the bottom up.

ICR2015-09-29

"24/7 work expectations without the matching salary"

I have been working at ICR full-time

Pros

Tremendous potential to learn through exposure to clients' senior management teams, as well as learning from Senior VPs/Managing Director's with extensive Wall Street background.

Cons

No work/life balance. Expected to be on-call 24/7 without a salary to match this expectation. Zero formal training. No growth potential. Benefits are the bare minimum. Poor retention rates.

Advice to Management

The structure and culture needs to be re-aligned to match the growth of the company. More collaboration between teams is needed to unify the company, rather than all teams essentially operating as stand alone companies. Your employees are your assets in this industry, and this can come quickly crashing down if there is no focus on employee satisfaction. I would recommend hiring an external consulting firm to re-align...

ICR2015-08-26

"VP"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at ICR for more than 3 years

Pros

Co-workers are great, you bond like soldiers in a foxhole at war would, because the culture and work environment is very similar.

Cons

Too many to mention. Greedy partners run the place like a sweatshop and don't care a bit about employees. Awful culture. 24/7 work expectations with no work/life balance. Low pay. Bad benefits, no 401k match. Little to no upward mobility. Run from this place while you can.

Advice to Management

Giving advice to management is a waste of time because that would mean that they would have to admit they are not always right, and they'd never admit that. Also, the problem with the place IS management, it's never good to work for bad people. They just want to sell the place and cash in.

ICR2015-08-30

"Very small agency, out of touch and unethical"

Former Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I worked at ICR full-time for less than a year

Pros

They pay competitive salaries. If you quit your job and take the equivalent job at ICR, you'll be getting a nice bump in salary.

Cons

It's the kind of place where you think "uh oh" on day one. The agency fancies itself as a significant player in PR, and attitudes and expectations reflect that. You're expected to be 'on' 24/7. That literally means if your boss needs something at 11pm while you're on vacation, you must reply promptly and work if needed. The agency has no review process. Lots of long-time staffers there (who are young), while that's...

Advice to Management

Trim the fat. The agency is too top-heavy, and the majority of senior staff have been with you for too long. They don't feel any pressure to stay relevant or improve their abilities. People you hired a decade ago have depreciated through apathy. Pay more attention to new employees and work to integrate them and their ideas- don't let people who like the status quo hold the agency back.

ICR2015-06-26

"Associate"

I worked at ICR full-time

Pros

Fair benefits, nice attempt at staffs socials

Cons

Low compensation for a financial role. Ridiculous expectations and work/life balance. Expected to be on call 24/7

ICR2015-04-15

"Very corporate. Assimilate or you won't last."

I worked at ICR full-time for less than a year

Pros

Competitive salary, flexibility to work from home on occasion. They try to make it a nice environment for employees with stocked kitchens, etc.

Cons

The culture is very corporate, lots of Chiefs not enough indians. Many of those in management are just big fakes and phonies and I'm not sure exactly how they got to their position. Zero training and there are definitely backstabbers there. Overall a terrible experience.

ICR2015-03-21
  8. "pretty good overall"

I have been working at ICR

Pros

my boss is a really cool guy i really apriciaiate him teaching me what he's taught me so far

Cons

sometimes hour can be short which might hurt me a bit

ICR2015-01-29
    • "Amazing company with top notch people and clients"

I worked at ICR full-time for more than a year

Pros

I found the overall experience at ICR to be fantastic. Everybody there was extremely professional having extensive prior capital markets experience which sets the firm apart from all of it's competitors. They also take great pride in the work that they do for their clients and the ICR brand.

Cons

I can't really come up with any cons.

Advice to Management

I suggest they planning to hire out further in advance the infrastructure necessary to become an even bigger and more significant company in the space.

ICR2014-05-08
    • "Average"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at ICR

Pros

Highly experienced wall street staff with terrific sector knowledge and network of contacts. Large IR/PR firm with leading market share.

Cons

Challenging targets to earn bonuses, upper targets are unrealistic 24/7 work day expected/needed to survive Sales/Business development focus Upward mobility challenging

Advice to Management

Pay folks more for the hard work and long hours required to sustain in this company. Spend some money on employees (occassional free lunch or snacks & drinks to encourage more info. exchanges).

ICR2012-03-26