ICS Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 25 reviews

3.5
ICS CEO Richard Macmillan
Richard Macmillan
  1. "Good to their employees"

Former Employee - Receptionist in Manchester, England

I worked at ICS full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company offers lots of benefits such as bi-monthly drinks and paid for breakfasts/lunch

Cons

Can be long working hours as it is recruitment but not bad compared to other recruitment agencies

Advice to Management

N/A

ICS2019-08-21

August 29, 2019Head of Resourcing and Talent Planning

Thanks for your feedback, it's great to hear that you've been making the most of some of our in-office perks!

2. "Change is good..."

Current Employee - Team Manager

I have been working at ICS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

ICS is a complex business, it's the huge span of offerings means that there are lots of opportunities to progress and learn new things. There are some really innovative parts of the business, with a real entrepreneurial feel. The business is going through a period of change, and a really positive one. Lots of the old leadership contingent are moving on, and there will be further change no doubt, but we're... moving towards new ways of working and better use of technology.

Cons

Politics. The matrix structure means there are lots of barriers to getting things done at times.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees, show people the positive side of change.

ICS2019-06-25

August 29, 2019Head of Resourcing and Talent Planning

Thanks for the feedback, we will certainly take on board the advice you've offered. Glad to hear that you are having a positive experience with us!

3. "Good Company and Good team"

Former Employee - Coordinator in Kings Cross, England

I worked at ICS part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Good company -Good pay - Good people

Cons

-Can be difficult to move up the range

ICS2019-04-27
  4. "Poor Clinical Leadership"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse

I worked at ICS full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Some people are nice - the only pro

Cons

Very poor clinical leadership leaving the business and patients at HIGH risk. Senior Management refuse to acknowledge the risk that this person poses, even though I believe people have repeatedly pointed out. Bullying is rife and accepted - not a nice culture to have. Clinical aspects managed by non-clinicians causing even more risk. CEO is a nice guy but can’t see they are being blinded by clinical jargon which is... utter rubbish and lies

Advice to Management

Sit up and listen before it’s too late get rid of the dangerous one and Appoint a clinical leader who will be respected by the nurses in your business. - your business will then thrive!

ICS2019-05-27

June 5, 2019Head of Resourcing and Talent Planning

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback. We definitely do take on board all feedback, would you be comfortable contacting me directly to discuss further as I would very much like to ensure that these issues are addressed. You can reach me on natasha.vouckelatou@ukics.com. ...

5. "AHP division"

Current Employee - Senior Compliance Officer in Broxbourne, East of England, England

I have been working at ICS full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great opportunities at Pulse with the career pathway. Lots of incentives and awards up for grabs. They recognise hard work and hold great events in work, nights out, days out, trips etc. I would recommend this company to work for if you've got the drive and ambition to be successful. They welcome innovative ideas and are very forward thinking.

Cons

Don't have many downsides, if your not prepared to put in the work then I would say its not the right place to go.

Advice to Management

Thank you for all the support!

ICS2019-02-11

March 1, 2019HR Business Partner

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. Recognition and taking on board ideas are key to engaging with our employees and we strive hard to do this. It's great to read about your positive experience and to see that you'd recommend this as a great place to work!

6. "Forward thinking company..."

I have been working at ICS full-time

Pros

ICS invests in both its people and new technology.

Cons

No company is perfect and ICS is no different. Every company has there bumps & niggles

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in people and technology and share positive news with employees

ICS2019-01-25

January 28, 2019Head of Resourcing and Talent Planning

Hi there, thanks for the feedback! It's great to see that you've recognised the investment in our people and new technology too. We strive to provide a great environment for everyone, where we share success stories and show the results our work has!

7. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Finance in London, England

I have been working at ICS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good induction and lots of social opportunities Investment in new systems making work easier

Cons

None that i have found yet

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your people and giving them great tools

ICS2018-12-13

January 10, 2019Head of Resourcing and Talent Planning

Hello, thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback. It's really great to hear that you have benefited from our induction program, we work hard to ensure that we give our employees a great introduction to the business.

8. "Recruitment Consultant"

I worked at ICS full-time

Pros

Nice people that work there

Cons

management were absolute rubbish I've heard they have left now though.

ICS2018-12-14

January 28, 2019Head of Resourcing and Talent Planning

Hello, thanks for the feedback. While I'm glad to hear that you have good feedback about the people you worked with, I'd be really glad to talk to you in more detail and understand some more specific information about your experience. Please feel free to contact me at natasha.vouckelatou@ukics.com.

9. "RSCN"

Current Employee - RSCN in London, England

I have been working at ICS part-time for more than a year

Pros

Training update opportunities. Very supportive employer. Good networking opportunities. Competitive pay rates.

Cons

Due to the nature of the job, regular work is not guaranteed as it is when working in a hospital. However this will not be a seen as a con for everyone.

ICS2018-01-06

"Numbers not names"

Former Employee - Case Manager in Bournemouth, England

I worked at ICS full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Training is second to none Management used to be amazing, fair and supportive but restructuring has demolished that in the company today.

Cons

Favouritism, bullying and poor leadership seems to be the norm. Confidentiality means little and opinions, information and incidents are passed around like a daily paper. Poor reviews are dodged by using sister company or umbrella company profile.

Advice to Management

You may want to re look at your management and notice those who go the extra mile.

ICS2018-01-31