ICW Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
Kevin Prior

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • ICW always tries to promote from within (in 2 reviews)

• New building in Rancho Bernardo (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Some projects are not successful as they should as they lack upper management support it all starts at the top (in 8 reviews)

• The company is extremely cheap with it's employees (in 2 reviews)

1. "Organized, competent management, driven employees, excellent benefits"

Current Employee - Senior Risk Management in Loomis, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Risk Management in Loomis, CA

I have been working at ICW Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Team like atmosphere, cares about employees, listens to employees and tries to compensate high performers fairly. Spends a lot of time training employees, and is always sharing relevant information. Very sensitive to your time, meetings are not mandatory and even when they are they give you a couple of choices as to the times to go. If you can't make it, someone will fill you in. Very team orientated, were all in this together.

Cons

Lots of change, sometimes too fast. Remote workers don't have the same support at in office. Sometimes new stuff can be confusing when it's launched too quickly or some people don't get the right information. Luckily they don't hold it against you and if you speak up, someone will jump in and help you. If you didn't say anything you could sink though. They put a lot of trust in their employees, not necessarily a bad thing you just have to be a go-getter.

Advice to Management

Give employees more time to learn the new information your putting out. Keep working on the work life balance, it's getting better slowly

"Don't make the mistake of working here!"

Pros

Decent, newer office owned by Ernest Rady. Stand up/sit down desks, lots of random snacks in break rooms, free water provided unlike last office, gym access and lots of food and shopping choices around the area.

Cons

Poor company culture, only executives and management are appreciated, and horrible management from top down. Unsupportive HR department and overall, by far, the most dysfunctional company I've worked for. Company can't even provide adequate parking spaces or bathrooms for employees. CEO and COO could care less about their employees as long as they are making money!

Advice to Management

Need more training and leadership skills. Hire managers who actually know what they're doing and who actually have experience for their specific position.

"IT Support"

I worked at ICW Group full-time

Pros

I have nothing positive to say

Cons

This is the worst company I have ever worked for. I worked in the IT department. It is difficult to know what the experience of people in other departments is like. This company has the worst IT infrastructure of any company I have ever worked for. It is barely stable.
    The benefits are terrible. If you need good health insurance for you or your family, this is not the company for you. Their health insurance benefits are an HMO or a high deductible health insurance plan. You have no other options.
    There is no opportunity for growth and no chance of being given a raise. The company is extremely cheap with it's employees. I had to pay back a course I took for my job because I left before completing it.
    Your job is not stable. People are laid off quite frequently in the IT department.
    I was hired with out any clearly defined scope to my job and difficulty getting access to the systems I needed access too. There are a large number of IT people who don't have direct access to the systems they are supposed to be working on, because they are on the other side of the auditing wall. Never seen this before.
    My supervisor interacted with us very little, providing us with little guidance, and spoke to me disrespectfully. The company categorized me as a salaried employee even though I was doing regular office work and did not make any decisions. I worked more than an 8 hour day and once in a while on the weekend without compensation. There were always people in the parking lot on their cell phones networking and doing phone interviews trying to get out of there.
    This is company to work for as a last resort.

"Underwriting Technician"

Current Employee - Underwriting Technician in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Underwriting Technician in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at ICW Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very new age, casual office environment with management that is open to input from employees. Also, surprisingly comprehensive benefits package including annual(?) performance bonuses. Team oriented environment when one part of the operation is backlogged, other parts offer support.

Cons

Procedures changing frequently due to consolidating new business processing from 20ish branches nationwide into 2 different services- one for the west coast, one for the east coast.

5. "The location is nice and easy to get to."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at ICW Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The location is nice and easy to get to.

Cons

I don't have any cons to share at this time.

Advice to Management

I don't have any advice at this time.

6. "Not bad"

I have been working at ICW Group full-time

Pros

Company events, flexible, great work environment

Cons

Low compensation, rearrangement of departments

Advice to Management

Better pay

"Management is not your friend"

I have been working at ICW Group full-time

Pros

ICW Group has fantastic benefits, committees and culture. If management would get out of the way of their 'lessers' and begin to promote from within it they'd be better than where they are.

Cons

All management does not support their team. They nit pick, play favorites and do not promote or support those who've been here for years.

Advice to Management

Get out of the way. You're keeping your team and employees here from their full potential.

8. "unit stat tech"

Former Employee - Account Representative in East Hampton, NY
    Former Employee - Account Representative in East Hampton, NY

I worked at ICW Group (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great environment, great management, helpful and experienced co-workers

Cons

There were none for me

"Poor management & Leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at ICW Group (More than 3 years)

Pros

New building in Rancho Bernardo

Cons

Company has poor management and leadership

"ICW"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

Pros

Company has increased revenue 300% in 5 years. Company has been around for 45 years and there are still many 20 year plus employess. New building is awesome but lacks parking.

Cons

Sr Management needs to be all going in the same directions. In fighting. Some projects are not successful as they should as they lack upper management support it all starts at the top.

Advice to Management

Trust your employees and continue to make positive changes from the top down. Provide more parking for employess. Bring back the company picnics.