ID Business Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Neil Kipling

"Genuine people- great place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alameda, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alameda, CA

I worked at ID Business Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Work life balance
    -Management trusts employees and encourage you to get into things that interest you
    -Genuine people; professional but fun atmosphere

Cons

-Career growth can be limited depending on where you are; it is possible to forge your own path but not in every case

Feb 1, 2017 – Global Head of HR

Thanks for your review and I'm really happy to see you enjoyed your time with IDBS. Your comments about career growth are valid and it's fair to say that sometimes there just aren't opportunities ... More

"Great people, exciting product!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alameda, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alameda, CA

I have been working at ID Business Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Overall, the employees at IDBS are incredibly smart, talented and motivated. The product is interesting and the technology roadmap seems solid.

Cons

in the past, the US and EMEA organizations have worked very separately. We've made progress toward integrating the two sides of the company, but there's still a gap in the overall communication from the leadership team.

Advice to Management

More transparency and increase formal communication internally.

Feb 1, 2017 – Global Head of HR

I'm sorry it's taken me a year to respond to your review - not good and I am committed to doing better in 2017! I'm happy to hear your feedback and agree that there's always more we can do to ... More

"You can do better"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Burlington, MA

I worked at ID Business Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Not much to say in regards to pros. IDBS is a one product company and they do not seem likely to develop a family of products. At best they will be bought out someday but no one other than a select few will benefit from that as they only offer stock options to a very select group of employees.

Cons

You will work very hard under challenging circumstances. Most work is repetitive in that it is reactionary work to one crisis after another, often of their own doing because they can never get ahead of the work they want to achieve.

The other big con is that even though they are a small company they are over 25 years old with many in the leadership having spent their entire career at IDBS. Many of the leaders do not know any better ways of doing business. While they will listen to those with experience they do not let those people run with new ideas. You essentially get "Thanks for the input, let me think about it"

Advice to Management

Step aside and bring in better leaders.

Feb 1, 2017 – Global Head of HR

I'm sorry that when you left IDBS it seems you weren't very happy. Since your review was posted we have progressed significantly as a business and we've certainly made lots of changes. We have ... More

"Good and bad"

Pros

Nice environment
    Smart people
    Some talented senior managers

Cons

Distant CEO who is a micro manager

Advice to Management

Trust the people you employ

Feb 1, 2017 – Global Head of HR

Thanks for sharing your feedback and I hope that since you posted your comments you have seen progress. If not, please feel free to speak with me about any concerns you have. You know where to find ... More

"Challenging and stressful workplace"

Former Employee - Team Lead
    Former Employee - Team Lead

Pros

They are in a good market that is in need of IDBS products. Company is trying to listen to the market to determine their roadmap. They have many dedicated people and it is overall a friendly place.

Cons

25 year old company that is still very immature. Processes are very ad hoc. Very little oversight. The manage from crisis to crisis. Pay varies a lot.

Advice to Management

Bring on new products. Don't just enhance existing products. Adopt a few processes at a time and refine them as you go. Don't keep trying to roll out grand initiatives

Apr 29, 2015 – Global Head of HR

Thanks for the feedback. I'm disappointed to see your review labelled as a stressful workplace but challenging is something many of our employees strive for. Getting that balance right is important ... More

"Get invovled"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Guildford, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Guildford, England (UK)

I have been working at ID Business Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

opportunities to try new things and get experience

Cons

you have to be good at self marketing

Advice to Management

provide support infastructure

"Entry level position"

Former Employee - Entry Level in Guildford, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Entry Level in Guildford, England (UK)

I worked at ID Business Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Supportive environment. You will have a direct impact on the success of projects/the company. Very good training received. Career progression is encouraged. Management are open and accessible.

Cons

As a small business the speed can of some projects can be slow. You will be reliant on other people who may be very busy. Inter-department communication can be poor.

Advice to Management

Bandwidth issues can be solved by hiring more people in certain departments. This will have a positive knock on effect.

"Overall good company to work for and getting better"

I have been working at ID Business Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Bold and ambitious vision for the future, investement in exciting technology.
    Lots of dedicated and passionate people.
    Some products are top of class and recognised as industry standards

Cons

... and some products lag hopelessly behind in term of investement.
    While there's no shortage of creativity at all levels, what is usually missing is strategic action plan to transform the vision into tangible reality.

Advice to Management

Management needs to make sure they run a tight ship.

"gret place to work"

I have been working at ID Business Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, exciting technology and new software developments make it a great place to work. Boston US office is fantastic and in a great location. West coast a little out of the way.

Cons

friction between departments, and a few years of stale growth has led to staff turn over. Can be a stressful place to work as IDBS has a number of very high value and complex projects on the go at any one time.

"Disappointing"

Former Employee - Support Analyst in Guildford, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Support Analyst in Guildford, England (UK)

I worked at ID Business Solutions (More than 5 years)

Pros

Interesting products with the potential to be great. There are some good benefits and some flexibility. There are some talented interesting people to learn from

Cons

There has been a lack of real drive and more importantly investment for a long time which for a tech company is worrying. Poor career progression and a management structure that is not well regarded. A lot of good people have left as a result.

Advice to Management

Invest properly and support the initiatives of your staff. If you had you would be in a better place

Jan 31, 2017 – Global Head of HR

Thank you for taking the trouble to write a review about IDBS as an ex employee. We've been investing significantly in technology and people to build and deliver amazing software to our customers ... More