IDC Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 20, 2019

4.0
Prateek Gattani

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great working environment in which anyone can advance his career" (in 18 reviews)

• "There is absolutely no pros here" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "No one picks up the phone at CA office" (in 7 reviews)

• "Candidates/contractors can change their minds last minute" (in 6 reviews)

"Fast Placements with Local Clients"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at IDC Technologies full-time

Pros

I was pleased with the recruiter's ability to swiftly assist me and connect me with local clients.

Cons

A little more time with the hiring managers would have been helpful as it was occasionally difficult to determine what the clients were looking for. In addition, the job descriptions were somewhat general and included catch-all terms that could have been used for all manager positions, for example.

2. "Major Fraud Comaoang"

I worked at IDC Technologies full-time

Pros

Worst company EVER TO WORK FOR. They are huge frauds.

Cons

If you work for this company, manympromises will be made, they may even find you a gig. THEY DO NOT PAY. MAJOR SCHEME. They claim they are based in a California, and they are really not even in the US. They will play games with your money and livelihood; BEWARE!!

Advice to Management

Go out of make elieve business. your company has been reported several times for fraud; do folks right.

"A Good Option for Temporary Work"

Current Employee - Wipro Freelancer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Wipro Freelancer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at IDC Technologies full-time

Pros

I had a chance to interact with Prateek Gattani at IDC (there are wikis if you want to learn more). It was easy to find positions with competitive or better than average salaries. The work is also consistent and you can expect to be placed in a long-term or ongoing consultant roles if that's what you want.

Cons

It was difficult to negotiate raises after entering the contract, and they take a high percentage of the client's pay just like all the other quality, big agencies.

Advice to Management

The company should try to give the consultants more perks and benefits, contract margins permitting, and a corporate credit card should be provided for contracts and assignments if necessary.

"Great workplace environment, not enough opportunities to move between locations"

Former Employee - IT Consultant in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - IT Consultant in Redmond, WA

I worked at IDC Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My colleagues were the best thing about working with IDC Technologies and Wipro. They’re all very supportive and friendly. The management team is easy to reach and helpful both in and outside the workplace.

Cons

The online apps and tools used could improve a lot. They’re not up to the industry standard, or at least they weren’t when I used them.

Advice to Management

You’re doing a great job helping your employees grow both as workers and people. You’re also available and easy to reach, which is great.

However, the company could use even more growth opportunities and the option for employees and consultants to move to different locations/projects/teams.

"No Spam"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at IDC Technologies full-time

Pros

They got me work in the IT sector with decent opportunities. No spam.

Cons

Some of the projects are not related to the IT sector and are just part-time assignments.

"Friendly People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at IDC Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot depends on the kind of contract you have. People here are quite responsive and cooperative.

Cons

Many government contracts are handled, but pressure can be high.

"Lots of Placements in WIPRO and TCS"

Current Employee - Associate Technical Recruiter in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Technical Recruiter in San Jose, CA

I have been working at IDC Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I secured a lot of placements in WIPRO and TCS (endless invoices). The coding opportunities are exceptional for contractors. You are given many avenues to advance your career knowledge if you take the opportunity. In addition, the company focuses on work and lifestyle balance, which means that while there is a huge focus on meeting client needs in a timely fashion, there are also activities for employees to socialize and relax a little together. It is helpful to have this balance.

Cons

If you do not participate in those opportunities, your career can stagnate. Too much change.

Advice to Management

Upper level management could be more involved with day to day operations.

"Fraud Company that's Blacklisted?"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Milpitas, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Milpitas, CA

I worked at IDC Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There're complaints calling it a fraud company that's blacklisted, surprisingly, as I worked for IDC for three years and I enjoyed the many learning opportunities the company provided and the professional way it’s handled; I never had a problem with payments or insurance, for example. I've also never heard of issues with invoices, spam or other such complaints.

One of the best characteristics of IDC is just how open and easy it was to reach the management team.

Cons

Policies aren’t as clear as they could be and the rewards provided for employees need to be improved.

Advice to Management

While the workplace environment is comfortable, rewarding employees according to their performance could improve the company’s morale.

"Efficient Company"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Albany, NY

I have been working at IDC Technologies full-time

Pros

I want to post on glassdoor that I didn't deal with spam/scams when working with IDC Technologies. I got a placement fast but because the client’s office was so far away from my home, they allowed me to work long hours for some days of the week and the rest were spent at home with my family. Although being away from home was hard, I enjoyed working with a highly reputable company.

I was asked to oversee the functioning of close to 800 ventures that were progressing in the information technology field. In addition, I noted down close to 2,500 requisites and research plans, and conducted platforms each month where managers could talk about their concerns. My duties also included writing content each week that was intended for the relaying of messages between the various departments.

Cons

In case staff members were slated for giving speeches on camera, it was my job to write their dialogues. When needed, I also assisted at the contact desk.

Advice to Management

In my working experience with the management personnel at IDC, I have found that IDC is appreciative of the efforts of its employees and is dedicated to providing the best of services to its customers.

10. "This company is very effective when it comes to sourcing contracts"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Liberty Corner, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Liberty Corner, NJ

I have been working at IDC Technologies full-time

Pros

They always have someone available if you have any questions and its great that you can meet new people at each job.

Cons

One setback might be that the jobs don’t last as long as you would like them too.