IDEX Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
IDEX Chairman and CEO Andrew K. Silvernail
Andrew K. Silvernail

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Very good benefits and fair treatment (in 5 reviews)

• Great company if you want advance (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is non-existent (in 5 reviews)

• Due to the diverse nature of business units and limited corporate org structure personal connections and openness are essential (in 4 reviews)

"Management position"

Pros

It looked like a great company to apply to.

Cons

HR scheduled an interview time to call. However, when that time came - they didn't call. Very unprofessional. I would never do that to them.

Advice to Management

Impressions count both ways

2. "Any title it's all the same"

I worked at IDEX full-time

Pros

Nothing that I can think of

Cons

Liar liar liars Shareholders watch out.

Advice to Management

Silvernail fire all your top management and start listening to the little people.

3. "supervisor"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Middleboro, MA
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Middleboro, MA

Pros

benefits were average for today's market

Cons

A lot of backstabbing, cliques, if you didn't fit in your job was in jeopardy. Could have been a good company to work for but poor management will hold you back. Has a policy to add more responsibility and work loads that creates an unhealthy environment

Advice to Management

upper management needs to look at how middle management treats there employees

"Poor Leadership in the Organization"

Former Employee - Supply Chain & Operation Manager in Punta Gorda, FL
    Former Employee - Supply Chain & Operation Manager in Punta Gorda, FL

I worked at IDEX full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a profitable company with a decentralized business model. If you can be ok with not working in a high performance team then this is a company you will want to work with and retire

Cons

Poor leadership, prioritizes friendliness over business. Afraid of taking action and making changes. Deals with poor performers by promoting them to a safe place and leaving the rest of the team to carry the extra load of those decisions on a daily basis.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid of taking action. Listen to the team that knows the details and make a decision, don't be afraid of change

"Fast growing start-up bought and then crushed by mismanagement and bloated overhead"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

I have been working at IDEX full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The health insurance package is one of the best outside of Union Labor.

Cons

No promotion opportunities - all top level spots filled by outsiders
    Meetings take up most productive time
    Poor morale company wide
    Family atmosphere previously there now absent
    Management by hypocritical edict and fear

Advice to Management

Before being bought we never had to call for sales. Our reputation was such that we had more work than we could handle by being the best at what we did. Now we have a sales team that hunts for customers and we still miss quota after quota. The first problem was driving away over a 100 years of technical experience with heavy-handed-fear-based management leaving the company with diminished capacity to actually make product. To add insult to injury, some of these critical positions were left unfilled and the work piled even higher onto less experienced employees. The obvious result was diminished quality and severe damage to our reputation.

The next problem was saddling the company with expensive overhead and their attendant lackeys while adding no value to actual operational performance. If anything, the excessive meetings and extraneous data collection to feed this overhead cripples the remaining workers productivity.

If this company wants to succeed, there needs to be a focus on returning to excellence. You cannot sit inside your office and make edicts and expect things to change. More meetings or hiring outside consultants will not help this company come out of a rut. There needs to be leadership shown from the top by coming down into the trenches and figuring out how the processes works and how we made money before being bought. Only by learning what made us successful before the purchase, will you be able to capitalize on our unique blend of skills and capabilities. There is no routine, everything is change. I know you want to setup fixed processes, and have accurate models five years out. That way leads to commoditization and third world companies eating our lunch. We should take pride that we are the only ones in the world these high demand clients can comes to.

Take no for an answer. Sometimes things are not physically possible to accomplish. I don't care what your sales person promised a customer or if this quarters numbers will be too low. We have to do things correctly and with proper procedures. To do anything else actually causes more delayed shipments, stressed out employees, and unhappy customers.

Excessive meetings every day have to stop. If an employee is in meetings more than 25% of their day, there needs to be something done. There obviously needs to be communication, but if it cant be said in two hours, then it probably isn't relevant for the day's tasks.

We are not a manufacturing line. You can't just slot people into positions without training and expect miracles to happen. Our main draw for customers is excellence. If your employees are not trained properly, how are you going to achieve excellence? Unfortunately, our most experienced people are almost all gone, but take the time to codify and integrate the remaining experience into manuals and training programs for employees.

Listen to your experienced employees. Several "low level"(aka no college degree but 10-20 years experience) correctly troubleshot problems with process flow that were not rectified until over a year later. They were told that data had to be collected before actions could be taken and this choked out our internal supply chain for the entire period.

6. "Bad"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vadodara (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vadodara (India)

I have been working at IDEX full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can't remember any pros

Cons

It's a big no no for career growth

7. "Customer Service Representative"

I have been working at IDEX full-time

Pros

the recruiter told me that the hourly rate is $30 and $25 per hour for the training.

Cons

Don't know if it's legit. I am under the recruitment process. Do I really need to pay the $191 shipping fee of the equipment that'll be installed at my HOL (home office location)?

IDEX Response

May 25, 2017 – Director Global Talent Acquisition

This is not legitimate. We were notified by several people that a job was posted using our company information on Outsourcely.com. We filed a report with the FBI today to investigate. If you send... More

8. "Project Engineer"

Former Employee - Project Engineer in Milan (Italy)
    Former Employee - Project Engineer in Milan (Italy)

I worked at IDEX full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good company prospective for a career growth

Cons

The corporate has many companies with different lines of products

"In with management team, in with the company"

I worked at IDEX full-time

Pros

Small company feel
    Stock price appears to have decent ROI
    Global company

Cons

No communication within and across departments
    No sense of team: everyone is out for themselves and when asking for assistance, if it isn't on their performance objectives then good luck getting help
    Few employees seem to trust corp management or other employees
    Turnover rate at all levels is above average
    Majority of employees think it matters more to be good friends with management team than it does to perform well in order to succeed
    No sense of overall strategy of the company

Advice to Management

The board should clean house and start over