Found 1,137 of over 1K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good benefits and flexibility within schedule" (in 137 reviews)
- "Shift differential pay is good" (in 79 reviews)
- "Great people and sense of community" (in 66 reviews)
- "Coworkers are, for the most part, friendly and enjoyable to work with." (in 30 reviews)
- "Good work environment, very good call center experience." (in 22 reviews)
- "Lots of good people wanting to do good work who burn out due to negativity and poor management." (in 103 reviews)
- "Temporary Position Bad manager Underpaid employees Overwhelming schedules Understaffing" (in 40 reviews)
- "There is no work life balance" (in 37 reviews)
- "Very poor Upper Management, lot of Micro management, only supervisors who would not care for their reports are liked by Upper management, Human values take a back seat." (in 30 reviews)
- "Toxic and hostile environments in key business areas are enabled and contributed to by senior leadership" (in 20 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of IDEXX Laboratories and is not affected by filters.
- 1.0Oct 5, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 3 years
The only pro is not working on Saturdays and Sundays.
Toxic workplace, bullying and harassment. If you’re a victim of it, the company will never do nothing to support you. What happens to you at work it will stay at work and they will not take action even if they tell you they will. If you have problems like this and you want a career opportunity here, you must stay silence or looking for legal advice, like Ministry of Foreign Affairs and some psychological help urgently. They will do gaslighting to you, belittling your emotions, efforts and perceptions, making you believe you’re the problem just because you stand up for yourself. If you’re a woman, be careful, because men (managers, leaders or employees) will try something with you and once you set your boundaries (specially if you don’t assist to the parties or when they meet in more personal ways), you will be a problematic person for the company. Women also bully to other women. They make their circle saying a lot of bad things about everyone and if you decide to not be part of that, then you will become the target. The saddest thing is that the managers and leaders have no experience about what they are doing, because everybody can get management or leader position if you just become like this toxic environment. They will try to attack and control your personal life as well as social media.10
- 3.0Nov 3, 2023PsmFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsElmhurst, IL
good first job to get lab experience
Toxic management from manager to his ALM's. Gaslighting and vengeful are the words that come to mind. Will trick you into coming in and talking about issues in between departments and will use what you told him (manager) in order to prepare his ALM's from employees reports to HR. All of a sudden you are categorized as a problem employee. Hard working employees go over looked and word of mouth is what management goes off of. Huge favoritism issue (look in para ). Super unprofessional demeanor from ALM's one is vengeful and deceitful the other is loud and rude!4
- 2.0Dec 1, 2023HR- DepartmentCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
My direct Manager is great, this is the only motivation to stay.
We always hear...we do not have budget in the department, where we see that in other departments they have gifts, party, awards , bonus etc. We are literally treated just as a cost for the company without any recognition. I feel so demotivated that this year.They are always talking about equal treatment. They is a huge space to improve the current situation. I consider my self just as number for the company. Worse than a factory.2
- 1.0Dec 3, 2023Field Support SpecialistCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
The pay is decent. Good benefits. If you get a good manager, you can have a really good manager good coworkers if you get on a good team.
No recognition whatsoever low bonuses, you’re working just to make somebody else’s recognition and their bonuses for them work to into the ground just basically a whipping boy2
- 1.0Oct 12, 2023Histology TechnologistCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearElmhurst, IL
- The PTO policy is fantastic, as there's no need to accumulate it before taking time off. - The pay is generous for those without prior experience, making it an attractive option for newcomers. - Most of the colleagues are friendly and contribute positively to the desired company culture. -The company's envisioned culture is admirable, with the potential to become one of the best workplaces.
- Unfortunately, the culture actively promoted by the management team is far from ideal and can be quite toxic. - The supervisor's LACK of knowledge in histology is concerning, and their use of manipulation, gossip, and lies for personal gain is problematic. - Additionally, there's a notable concern regarding a conflict of interest, as the supervisors son work in the same department, which the management team seems to overlook.8
- 2.0Nov 18, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 year
Benefits, PTO, remote work, flexible. Can learn something new if you are allowed. Working on products that help others. Coworkers have years of experience and are good at what they do.
Expect to do multiple jobs and get paid for one due to understaffing and a hiring freeze. IDEXX does not hire outside often, resulting in a lack of fresh faces. Since most people have worked at IDEXX for years, moving up in the ranks can be hard. Pay is lower compared to other companies. Skills will stagnate due to legacy code. Not learning something new and doing the same thing every day. No creativity and burnout. Lack of knowledge sharing and silos due to people in the same role for years. If you want a long-term, monotonous, corporate career. IDEXX is for you. Cross-collaboration with teams can be a hit or miss. Communication needs work between teams. Sometimes it feels like pulling teeth to get something done. The biggest con is management. Middle management is awful. Unfortunately, they have been at IDEXX for years, even decades so they are not going anywhere. Managers play favorites. Office politics does play a role in your survival at IDEXX. Management is there to crack the whip, call you lazy, and belittle you in meetings. One manager said they wanted to punch me in a meeting with coworkers. I had a manager blocking communication with coworkers. Micromanaging makes doing basic tasks a nightmare. At worst, managers will gang up on you in a meeting and lash out when you bring up a reasonable request. Decent managers already left IDEXX for greener pastures. Middle managers contribute to the toxic culture at IDEXX.3
- 1.0Aug 22, 2023Medical Laboratory TechnicianFormer Employee, less than 1 yearGlen Burnie, MD
If your liked by management and not of a diverse background.
They will fire you after you work a full shift without adhering to their own attendance policy. Travel Med Techs will come back and talk negatively about other people to the point where you know these people personal lives even though you’re not on that type of time. People in management sleep with their employees some also in management positions, some not. Also colleagues amongst themselves. You will be made out to be the problem when in reality management keeps certain positions as a revolving door intentionally. There is a lack of adequate technology assistance. There is a lack of diversity in management. There are individuals that would rather hear you get disrespected and turn the other cheek (two in this case). There’s more. Do not work or stay at this company.1
- 2.0Oct 16, 2023Specimen Processor IFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsNorth Grafton, MA
Put in 6-12 months for experience and get out.
MANAGEMENT. They are a clique. They treat most employees in processing like cattle. They have a few favorites they will train up, but most in that dept will just stagnant and never get a promotion. Very high turnover and a tremendous amount of stress. Many quit on their first day, or first 2 weeks. The majority of new hires do not make it 6 months. Have seen people crying in restroom and parking lot.2
- 4.0Nov 30, 2023Sales TrainerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsSeoul
Can feel like we are leading industry, helping our friend companion animal's welfare
Still underdeveloped industry. Need more time to change people's perception
- 2.0Oct 6, 2023Lab TechnicianCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsJohannesburg
Work Benefits Colleague relationships Alwyas under-stuffed
Some managers date employees, they use harsh language and are unable to separate private life from professional life, address their personal issues at work, they make employees uncomfortable with their extramarital affairs, they never deliver on their promises and if you question something, they consider it as a rebellious attitude. They always tell you that the company is doing us a favor by buying us breakfast stuff... Eg. Coffee, milk, sugar etc. If things cant go their own way then it's a take it or leave it attitude. They are not open for suggestions and always pretends to be good in the higher management eyes while they treat their submissives bad. No team buildings, stopped extra curricular activities No fun days It's boring and not interesting2
IDEXX Laboratories Reviews FAQs
IDEXX Laboratories has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 1,335 reviews left anonymously by employees. 65% of employees would recommend working at IDEXX Laboratories to a friend and 64% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
65% of IDEXX Laboratories employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated IDEXX Laboratories 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.