IDM Reviews | Glassdoor

Chad Slater

1. "love it"

Former Employee - Office Dog in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Office Dog in Miami, FL

I worked at IDM full-time (More than a year)

Pros

management is awesome, people are great

Cons

not too much oppo to move up

Advice to Management

keep doing a great job

2. "Production Director"

Current Employee - Production Director in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Production Director in Washington, DC

I have been working at IDM full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smaller Agency with a real flexible work schedule. The Partners are all passionate about their Clients and they advocate for their causes with a certain level of integrity that's really fun to watch and be apart of. The location of the office is great. The pay is probably industry standard for a Non-Profit Agency.

Cons

Smaller Agency so employee health insurance may be a little higher than larger agencies/ companies.

"Company that truly cares about you"

Current Employee - Associate Business Analyst in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Associate Business Analyst in Reston, VA

Pros

I've been in the company for almost 8 months and i've already been feel so lucky to be one of it! I've never seen/heard (don't know what's it like in those big corporation, just based on what my friends told me) a company that try everything to make you feel appreciated and take your interest into consideration NO MATTER WHAT! Everyone is just so funny and friendly, that's what I really like about small companies. Besides, we have a huge kitchen and a not-so-huge kitchen and free snacks and beverage and lunch!! This is a kind of company that will make you proud of working for.

Cons

haven't thought of any cons (need to be five words)

Advice to Management

we don't have those weekly/monthly meetings that bring everyone together to talk about what's going on in the company and blah blah blah, feel like having one!

4. "I made the right career decision"

Current Employee - Client Marketing Strategist in Mineral Point, WI
    Current Employee - Client Marketing Strategist in Mineral Point, WI

I have been working at IDM full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was looking for a new opportunity where my experience would be valued and my contributions acknowledged - I found it. Even as I leverage my past experience, I've being given the opportunity to learn and apply new tools and skills. I work with great people that have a can do, professional attitude, and made me feel at home from day one. Compensation is competitive and the PTO is unlimited.

Cons

As with most small companies, onboarding is not highly structured. Some benefits are not as competitive as they should be.

Advice to Management

Consider upgrading the retirement plan.

5. "Growing company that values intelligent, self-starting, professionals"

Former Employee - Account Management in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Account Management in Reston, VA

I worked at IDM full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Corporate culture is based on empowering, and expecting, individuals to maximize their potential. Accountability is prioritized. In order to be successful, you must be a smart, driven, self-starter. If you are not wired this way, you will fail. This is by design. For those who are successful, of which there are many, the rewards can be significant and include generous compensation, strong benefits, and a professional environment in which you'll have the opportunity to "own" work and grow with the company.

Cons

IDM has experienced explosive growth. This brings a wide range of challenges. Senior management has done good job mitigating these as much as possible...but these challenges (staffing, scale, processes) are ever-present at growing companies.

Advice to Management

Best wishes for continued success.

6. "Great company and culture!"

Current Employee - Associate Program Manager in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Associate Program Manager in Reston, VA

I have been working at IDM full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture, flexible, and unlimited opportunity for growth and development. IDM is very team oriented, as my coworkers are always willing to help out.

Cons

One small con could be standard processes. We are constantly meeting new client requests for campaigns, but this keeps things interesting and creates new learning opportunities.

Advice to Management

More formal communication to each account. Everyone appreciates the feedback and guidance!

7. "Strong Company with Great Opportunity!"

Current Employee - Solution Architect in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Solution Architect in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at IDM full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growing company with a tremendous amount of opportunity for professional growth. Great group of talented people with a can do mentality. The business culture is one that promotes cross team collaboration. You have the ability to make an impact. Strong client roster. The outlook for continued growth is excellent.

Cons

Nothing negative. We are a small company that is growing, and there are some typical growing pains. The Little Rock office is expanding which will create more space.

8. "Great company and opportunity"

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at IDM full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The leadership team that has been put in place has done a great job in defining the company and culture. It is a very exciting and fast-paced environment with new opportunities. A huge plus is seeing how your contribution affects the bottom-line and is recognized at the highest level. Being a smaller company, the collaboration among all levels within the company has been excellent.
    Bonus plan, unlimited time off, free drinks and snacks

Cons

The healthcare benefit is very expensive for families but they are working on a new policy.
    Growing at such a fast-pace, there are times when not everything is in order or setup to handle all scenarios but resolution typically happens quickly.

"Great opportunity and learning experience."

Former Employee - Account Director in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Account Director in Reston, VA

I worked at IDM full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work environment: Catered lunches, unlimited PTO, flat screen TV's... Goal oriented, professional co-workers. Opportunity to advance as fast as I could learn. Management does not micro manage and focus on results and performance rewarded according. great experience and learned a ton.

Cons

Not much to say here, some people are frustrated with a small company, but I enjoyed increased exposure to management and found it brought more opportunity for advancement.

Advice to Management

Aggressive style with growing the business is motivational, continue to increase transparency and best of luck as the company continues to grow.

10. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Account Management in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Account Management in Reston, VA

I have been working at IDM full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good group of people. Management seems to get it. Pay and benefits good. Lots of interesting work (clients) and opportunity for promotion

Cons

Not too much comes to mind. Fast growing companies always have some challenges. “Up or out” culture, which definitely can seem cut throat. But for people who like that kind of environment, results are rewarded.