IDPP Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.2
Laurence Penn

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Antidote to the High Street Agency"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at IDPP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I believe IDPP offers a great environment for consultants who are sick of high street agency style recruitment. The emphasis really is on nurturing and expanding long term relationships with clients, not only filling the clients own requirements but thinking outside the box to provide the greatest possible add value for their business which often leads to generating revenue for clients who mostly see us very much as 'partners'.

The culture is very tight knit and has a family feel. It is also extremely diverse culturally and demographically. There is a high degree of trust shown by senior management who are open minded and flexible regarding employees, they try to position everyone well to succeed and are patient enough to change things around the consultants rather than change the consultant leading to a nurturing environment rather than one with a high turnover.

The work life balance certainly contributes to staff satisfaction as does the lack of emphasis on KPI's, as long as the attitude is right and the deals are being done!

Having moved here from another agency, IDPP has provided a breath of fresh air and really offers the smartest business model I have come across which will go from strength to strength and I'm looking forward to being a part of that.

Cons

We are working on developing our training structure for fresh recruitment consultants with little experience. Currently it is very much desk side and less classroom focused which suits some consultants but can perhaps be a little relaxed and lacking the structure/intensity that could teach best practices in others.

2. "Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Victoria, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Victoria, England (UK)

Pros

Good company, good people, managers look after you, very happy working with them, you progress with them if you work hard.

Cons

do no have cons at all

Advice to Management

keep looking after the empoyees

3. "Low chances of development or promotion."

Pros

Generally the colleagues are lovely.

Cons

Management ignore your concerns, no changes made. Stagnated role.
    High staff turnover
    Hired under false pretences.

Advice to Management

Do not ignore staff concerns
    implement proper training
    Change structure, re-arrange/hire new/different staff to enhance atmosphere

4. "Friendly and supportive environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at IDPP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Overall as far as recruitment companies go, the office culture is pretty good. Colleagues are nice and friendly and willing to help you out whenever you run into a problem. Not quite 9-5 job as many come in earlier and stay later but you get out as much as you are willing to put in.

Cons

Senior management need to share overall business plan/strategy with team as it can like everyone is too focused on their own issues and not understanding the big picture.

Advice to Management

Sometimes you need to spend money to make money.

5. "Great Opportunity"

Pros

I started working as a DC and I had the opportunity to contribute to the company growth. They offer a lot of opportunities to learn, to developer yourself and to do new things. What I like is that I feel I can be really involved in the day to day business.
    in IDPP we also have the opportunity to work with great clients and big/multinational companies in the Uk and Europe. Nice environment and colleagues ( Account Directors and Admin/Support office)

Cons

I would suggest to buy a pool table to play with xD

6. "FREELANCE GRAPHIC DESIGNER"

Former Employee - Freelance Graphic Designer in Croydon, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Freelance Graphic Designer in Croydon, England (UK)

I worked at IDPP (More than a year)

Pros

IDPP is just a good place to build and to follow up ones career.

Cons

The staffs have to build more on personal training

7. "Easy life if your in with the management"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Richmond upon Thames, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Richmond upon Thames, England (UK)

I worked at IDPP (More than 10 years)

Pros

Help and support if you are in with the management. Left to your own devices which works for some. Good to see most of the Snr appointments have been removed.

Cons

Very cloak and dagger, back stabbing from Snr Management. Some very questionable Snr Appointments made time after time, even after dropping the ball... No real support apart from your Peers. Company reduced its European footprint, only now operates out of Croydon with no other European presence. Company has gone backwards over the past several years.

Advice to Management

The owner really need to resolve his immediate reports and stick to his word.

IDPP Response

Nov 12, 2015 – Marketing & Sales Support Executive

Thank you for your review, its always good to receive feedback even if it is negative.

Over the last 12 months a lot has changed at IDPP. You are correct in that we have reduced our European... More

"Such a great company to develop your skills at while learning and enjoying what you do!"

Former Employee - Delivery Consultant
    Former Employee - Delivery Consultant

I worked at IDPP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

IDPP have a flat structure where you are able to see your managers and directors are colleagues. I came in and learnt things from scratch through workshops and speaking with the experienced recruiters on the team. Everyone is helpful and cheerful but also very determined to bring out the best in you. There is good money to be made if you put your head down and work hard. They are also very rewarding with staff offering those who meet and exceed target quarterly incentives.

Cons

You don't ask - you don't get. Sometimes you dont end up getting everything you deserve so it's good to ask.

Advice to Management

Keep motivating the staff so they feel like they are appreciated.

9. "IDPP"

Former Employee - Business Support Assistant in Croydon, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Business Support Assistant in Croydon, England (UK)

I worked at IDPP full-time

Pros

Employees are well rewarded and supported to develop further. Very freindly and sociable environment!

Cons

Office location Croydon, moved from Richmond.

"Great company to learn from & different from other agencies."

Pros

An amazing team who are friendly, helpful and who care about their employees and clients immensely.
    Their recruiters are experienced and very professional. All the employees seem happy to work hard and put in the extra hours for the company which is a great sign in itself.

I have the opportunity to grow my career, learn new things and I am very happy I decided to take this opportunity.

They are always happy to sit down and listen to ideas brought forward to the company

Cons

I do not have any cons with IDPP