IDSTC Reviews | Glassdoor

IDSTC Reviews

Found 13 reviews

4.3
Ian Cordell
  1. "Great family atmosphere"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Tampa, FL

I worked at IDSTC full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Everyone is great to work with. CEO is smart and involved in the day to day process. Family environment and some nice perks. Team works and plays together.

Cons

The only couple of things I can think of is the older system is a mess and difficult to debug. The newer system has gone through several design changes and needs a few more but is well on its way.

IDSTC2018-08-03
  2. "Overall good experience"

I worked at IDSTC full-time

Pros

Flexible workplace with great coworkers.

Cons

Needs some work with communications and embracing all the great things the employees do

IDSTC2018-08-03
  3. "Great Company and Fun People!"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Tampa, FL

I worked at IDSTC full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

- Fun place to work at. Everybody gets along and it really feels like a family. Every Friday we get together for lunch. Every Thursday there's the bowling league that part of the company is part of. There's fun company events like dressing up for Halloween. Made some great friends here. - Modern technology. The new Acuta platform that will take over the older platform in the very near future is all new technology based...

Cons

- The older platform is still being supported somewhat. It'd be nice if we could get off of it completely so all resources can be focused on the new one, Acuta. That seems like it's going to happen soon.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Get off the older platform as soon as possible (we are already headed in this direction, but the sooner the better).

IDSTC2018-02-22
  4. "Nation's premier direct sales software solution"

I have been working at IDSTC full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Strong company culture combined with 15 years of direct sales and social selling systems experience makes this organization your next choice! The unique nature of the industry creates an intricate relationship with clients, their business processes, and how our software meets those needs. Utilizing the latest web technologies, our platform provides an all in one solution [Website, Back Office, and ERP] with an enhanced...

Cons

Watching the cruise ships depart the Port of Tampa daily while I'm at my desk working. Their horns have a tendency to be distracting...

Advice to Management

Continue facilitating staff collaboration to maximize throughput

IDSTC2017-02-24
  5. "My home away from home."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at IDSTC full-time

Pros

Very comfortable working environment in every sense. Always able to go to managers for assistance, and without backlash. Atmosphere is relaxed and always entertaining. For our clients we are encouraged to form relationships, which aids in support roles. And after working at this company my coworkers feel like family. This is not just a company to go to work, do your job and leave. This is a company that you look forward...

Cons

The one downside, is since it is a smaller company, there is not a tiered management role per say. There are not a lot of promotion opportunities. That being said, this is a company that will make you grow in your role and learn new skills.

Advice to Management

My advice would be to implement more positive enforcement and public recognition for a job well done.

IDSTC2017-02-10
  6. "Awesome Boutique Software Engineering Firm"

I have been working at IDSTC full-time

Pros

Results oriented environment, NO bureaucratic or political nonsense. Transition to latest technologies and development practices. Beta Launch of new platform underway, confident it is game changer. Working with people that care about each other and our customers. Uber fun people.

Cons

We have seen some individuals uncomfortable in small enterprise environment that lacks strict formality and structure common for larger companies. Management has been slow in the past to release a “bad fit”.

Advice to Management

Expand accountability measures and performance bonuses. Keep improving processes but avoid adding procedural overhead. Increase benefits and pay even more to recruit and retain best talent. Keep hiring winners.

IDSTC2017-01-11

"Do NOT work here!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at IDSTC full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Interesting clientele. Great coworkers. Company is trying to take software in different direction.

Cons

Horrible management. Totally unprofessional and inexperienced with properly managing people or processes. Employees are treated horribly and work life balance is non-existent.

IDSTC2017-01-05

"Superb!"

I have been working at IDSTC full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Great atmosphere, opportunities and people to work with. Wish I had known about it when I first started my professional career. Company is definitely heading north.

Cons

Benefits are on the average side, however, for a small company still better than many out there.

IDSTC2016-08-09

"A great software company"

I have been working at IDSTC full-time

Pros

On the development team, we get to work with modern web technologies (angular/jQuery/mvc/web API). There is also flexible time, great people and culture (a real work family atmosphere), a work hard and play hard mentality, and the ability to work from home when needed.

Cons

The keg is not always stocked with my favorite beer! Also, there is not enough time in the day to allow for more ping-pong/billiards/Xbox.

Advice to Management

There are appreciable improvements made around the office on a weekly basis. Keep it up and keep actively listening to your employees!

IDSTC2016-03-14

"Best atmosphere I've aver been apart of"

I have been working at IDSTC full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

A real family atmosphere where everyone likes each other even in times of high stress. High appreciation of hard work. Ping pong table and pool table in the engineer office. Highly intelligent people that help each other out instead of compete with each other. Hourly pay with high potential hours if you want them. Company outings and the 'Bro Zone'.

Cons

Classic ASP support but that is now ending soon. No dedicated QA team which leads to more bugs caught be the client.

IDSTC2016-03-14