IDT "career growth" Reviews | Glassdoor

IDT Employee Reviews about "career growth"

Found 167 reviews

3.4
Samuel Jonas
Pros
  • "Great work environment (sport facilities, relaxation rooms, comfortable conference rooms, well designed kitchens - cafetieres, parking garage)(in 15 reviews)

• "Good work/life balance - very family oriented (many parents)(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Traffic jams in Newark, especially in downtown where IDT building is located can be stressful sometimes(in 10 reviews)

• "Upper management (not mid level) has struggled with corporate direction as margins shrink in traditional telecom(in 7 reviews)

Reviews about "career growth"

Return to all Reviews

"Great overall experience"

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Newark, NJ

I worked at IDT full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

collaborative and friendly environment. Good work life balance. Hard work is appreciated by business. Superior benefits. Everyone counts.

Cons

Somewhat of a disconnect between management and employees. Some depts can use better career growth and newer technologies.

Advice to Management

Bridge the gap between all levels. Be more transparent about projects. If pulling the plug due to lack of interest. Keep atmosphere upbeat. Don't overhire and then have constant threat of layoffs; robbing employees peace of mind. Invest more in keeping cutting edge in product development. You were the innovators of VOIP, continue being the leaders.

IDT2017-10-18

IDT Response

October 24, 2017Director of Talent Acquisition, Development, and Retention

We appreciate your honest feedback and are taking steps to increase the visibility of projects that we work on internally. That is often challenging with an organization our size and we acknowledge that we can always do better with communicating out to the various areas of our businesses. ...

"could be a better place"

I worked at IDT full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

good people , latest technology - good work life balance

Cons

limited career growth, newark location hard commute

Advice to Management

provide employees more support

IDT2015-08-17

IDT Response

March 23, 2017Director of Talent Acquisition, Development, and Retention

We agree that IDT could be a better place and that's why we are always open to hearing about potential ways to improve. Please let us know what to do better at 973-438-1000 or contactidt@idt.net IDT is very entrepreneurial, which affords everyone the same opportunity to advance; ...

3. "An old school environment, not much pressure, but no much excitement either"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I worked at IDT full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Quiet workplace, no micro management, nice people to work with, good location for commuting, nice ESPP program, good place for retirement

Cons

Very old school, things moving slowly, the company kept changing strategy, no much career growth, old technology

IDT2013-07-27